+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    The phase 2 POC trial data collection etc finishes at the end of this month. Keep an eye out!
    No, it finishes November 2015. We probably won't see that data for a couple months to a year after.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    No, it finishes November 2015. We probably won't see that data for a couple months to a year after.
    Well, if they plan on releasing this around the time setipiprant is released, they don't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Well, if they plan on releasing this around the time setipiprant is released, they don't have a chance.

I sincerely hope you're right. However, I just hope one of them gets released at all.

It always has a chance if it works well with minimal sides. The AA route isnt going to go away if setipiprant comes out it will simply be another option and angle of attack. We are kidding ourselves if we think everyone will tolerate setipiprant or CB. They could give out placebos and this forum would be full of people complaining about their sex drive or whatever random thing they noticed that day out of the ordinary. Some people will have issues with treatments and need other options instead so the more the better.

oops, accidentally created a blank post

I sincerely hope you're right. However, I just hope one of them gets released at all.
    This. Plus, I hope bimatoprost ends up being super effective. It would allow me, and others to stop taking fin or cut down tremendously on dose. From everything I've read on bim, it also alters cell to cell signaling by causing keratinocytes to increase hair growth and melanocytes to increase pigmentation. According to a study, it may increase protection against the ravages of DHT.

If it can do for hair what it does for eyelashes, then bim may be huge as a maintenance and regrowth tool. I think bim will shock us all in its effectiveness.

Yeah, I have read that as well. Hopefully the rumors Spencer and Joe from Stat heard about Bim are true. It's really irritating they aren't releasing results until next year, that's absolutely absurd.

Yeah, I have read that as well. Hopefully the rumors Spencer and Joe from Stat heard about Bim are true. It's really irritating they aren't releasing results until next year, that's absolutely absurd.
    I'd love to know as much as you. I take it as a positive though that they haven't said anything, or that we won't know for awhile. When the results from the 2a study went public and it was announced that the study would be delayed, the stock dropped because it irked investors. Now, at the end of the 2b study, there's a record-breaking merger in the pharma industry, the stock went through the roof (and continues to climb), and we got the news of kythera's decision to begin trials with setipiprant. That alone speaks volumes. Prostaglandin technology is paradigm-shifting. When billions are at their fingertips, companies get off their butts (and probably keep their mouths shut until the time is right).

I completely agree. Realistically, we could have a treatment to use within a year or two. (we will know the results for CB and Bim and can get those both from the black market).. So let's hope the news is positive. I have high hopes for the setipiprant/bim combo kicking fin/minox out of the game.

Anybody here in their clinical trials?