+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

No I paid for the hotel and transportation separately. They will arrange things for you if you want Im sure. In my particular case I decided to tour Turkey in advance of my procedure with my wife and daughter. At the end they flew back home and I headed over to Asmed. Yes the "Cash" thing was a bit of a pain and there are not a lot of options there. Just get a money belt and go directly to Asmed once you arrive. I had to keep that cash on me for week during my vacation period which was nerve racking and kept withdrawal maximums from ATMs while I was there..

There is a hotel they recommend which is the Nice Royal Otel. It is one block from the clinic so you can walk back and forth. They are used to having people stay there with bald and bandaged heads so you will be much less self conscious there. They also serve food in the lobby so you dont have to go out to a restaurant in your awkward looking state.

Thanks again for your reply
    I have read that the cash thing is to stop paying additional charges...not sure on this
    Do they have accpomodation at the clinic/hospital?
    Can you say how much your procedure alone was ?
    Thanks again.

Bring a large portion of the cash with yout and then make up the difference with ATMs there. Just know your daily withdrawal limit. No accommodations at the clinic. I would say 90% of patients stay at the Royal Otel as mentioned. I don't remember total. They will give you a detail. I think there is around a $100 to $200 in meds etc. in addition to the grafts. I really don't remember my total. You need to send them photos and get an estimate of the number of grafts you need. Bring enough cash to pay for more just in case once you get there and you decide to do more after he sees you in person. I actually had several clinics estimate my grafts needed so I would have a good idea as to what I would need before going to Asmed. Flights are expensive from the states. I was comfortable with cabs and ferries as I had been there for a week but in that part of Istanbul there will be no english speaking people other than at the clinic and hotel. That being said, the airport transfer is probably the way to go. Let them arrange everything.

Thanks GettingOld
    Flying from the states to Turkey is a big commiment...must be done though if Dr Koray Erdogan is the main man for FUE Procedure.
    How were you with any discomfort after procedure and on the long flight home? This is what I am concerned about as well as the other things that all are adding up in this quest to have my hair back. Welcome again.

I did not have much discomfort. It is more of an awkward feeling as they give you a hat to where that is kind of like a fly fishing hat and you feel awkward. Discomfort for me was no biggie. A couple of tylenol and ibuprofen worked. The hard part is sleeping on your back with the neck pillow. I am a stomach sleeper and love to grind my forehead into my pillow. That is something you DO NOT want to do if you want to protect your grafts. I think I lost probably 3-4 total out of the thousands implanted so no biggie.

Thanks GettingOld
    I am sure you had similar reservations about travelling so far to another country with language barrier (maybe) and cultural difference. Having chosen your procedure with Dr Koray Erdogan would you stronly recommend him above the others that you researched? There are so many different posts on this forum about surgeons some like yours are great experiences while others are at the other end of then spectrum and are really sad stories are being told. I hope you dont mind me asking this question. Welcome again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paget View Post
    Thanks GettingOld
    Flying from the states to Turkey is a big commiment...must be done though if Dr Koray Erdogan is the main man for FUE Procedure.
    How were you with any discomfort after procedure and on the long flight home? This is what I am concerned about as well as the other things that all are adding up in this quest to have my hair back. Welcome again.
    Hi Paget,

I made a couple of videos for guys just like you, to show you what it is like traveling from North America to Turkey. I'm shown going to the Hotel that Dr. Karadeniz provides for his patients but you'll get the idea. In fact, the hotel/clinic is five minutes from Asmed so the journey wil be indentical.

Part 1

Part 2

Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I simply cannot remember if I paid cash. I think so. The hotel is a GREAT value. Here is their website. http://niceroyalotel.com/ It is $57 a night on google. I am not sure about the transfers. My suggestion would be to call or email Asmed. They are extremely helpful and will give you all the specifics.

Hi Joe
    This has been really helpful also thanks for sharing. It really does paint a picture of the travel. Did I get this right the man who met you said it was 45mins from airport yo hotel and your video shows Two Hours Later arrive at hotel. Which one was it lol. Also where is the video of the next days in clinic. if you can direct thanks again Joe, Top dollar.

Hi Joe
    This has been really helpful also thanks for sharing. It really does paint a picture of the travel. Did I get this right the man who met you said it was 45mins from airport yo hotel and your video shows Two Hours Later arrive at hotel. Which one was it lol. Also where is the video of the next days in clinic. if you can direct thanks again Joe, Top dollar.