+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Many adult men are Norwood III and that does not stop them from living a full and happy life. Norwood II is nothing unless you are transgendered and plan to transition to female someday.

This is largely fear mongering. Many women need to use Minoxidil. If this actually was a common side effect women would never touch the stuff - or even go anywhere near it.

Men have been living long happy fulfilling lives for thousands of years in spite of their hair loss. It has been done, I can still be done and it will continue to be done.
    Tracy doesn't seem to realise that only because men lose hair does not make it ok or acceptable.

My looks are definently not as good as they were when I had no hairloss. Actually, I had much more female attention then, yet I am a much better dresser now.

I was also a lot more photogenic as my forehead was less longated.

I remember when I was dating my ex, she used to make remarks about my hair looking weird at times. I used to shrug it off. Little did she know that recession meant it wasn't framing my face properly.

yeahyeahyeah take some serious comfort in the fact you will likely never be identified as a bald/balding man in your life

Yes going from nw0-nw2 can negatively effect your looks...But ultimately the anxiety of MPB progression and actually becoming a 'balding/bald' guy is on some next level compared to what your going through.

You could easily get an HT if you ever creeped to NW3 and you'd be fine...future loss, if any, you would not need to worry about by the time it happens, unless you are destined for nw5 in the next decade..and even then youd prob still be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    yeahyeahyeah take some serious comfort in the fact you will likely never be identified as a bald/balding man in your life

Yes going from nw0-nw2 can negatively effect your looks...But ultimately the anxiety of MPB progression and actually becoming a 'balding/bald' guy is on some next level compared to what your going through.

You could easily get an HT if you ever creeped to NW3 and you'd be fine...future loss, if any, you would not need to worry about by the time it happens, unless you are destined for nw5 in the next decade..and even then youd prob still be fine
    I hope you are right dan.

I am watching histogen very closely, once I can see it is about to hit the market I will probably get a HT to completely fix my hairline.

It is causing me anxiety because often when I am out with my friends, i have heard them talk about other guys and go 'oh he is going bald, is not sexy anymore and looking old'

This is why I don't want to be a high Norwood, they get ridiculed.

True true. I would really try and get rid of the anxiety you have over your hair at this point, and focus on other things. Especially because in your case, realistically, the future is bright and you can likely have the hair you want in due time.

I mean really the only way things could turn out bad for you is if CB, histogen and replicel all fail miserably lol...I think the odds are in our favor that atleast one of those will perform on par with fin and in your case maintain enough hair to have a nice dense HT

then theres possibilites of donor regeneration, team tokyo way down the road etc

just make a lot of money bro and be ready for the day you put this curse to rest once and for all

True true. I would really try and get rid of the anxiety you have over your hair at this point, and focus on other things. Especially because in your case, realistically, the future is bright and you can likely have the hair you want in due time.

I mean really the only way things could turn out bad for you is if CB, histogen and replicel all fail miserably lol...I think the odds are in our favor that atleast one of those will perform on par with fin and in your case maintain enough hair to have a nice dense HT

then theres possibilites of donor regeneration, team tokyo way down the road etc

just make a lot of money bro and be ready for the day you put this curse to rest once and for all
    Thanks bro, you have helped me to become positive.

Yeah, the anxiety is a killer tbh. When my hair grows it starts looking terrible so I need regular cuts (Every 2 weeks)

I guess the other good thing is, my older brother by a year hair is quite stable and has a similar hairloss pattern (he is 28).

I am really hopng HSC gets released by 2015 when I am 30. 25 going onto 65 is using fin, but it sounds like it isnt working that great from him at the cost of messing with his hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    25 going onto 65 is using fin, but it sounds like it isnt working that great from him at the cost of messing with his hormones.
    Fin worked great for me. I started dut in Feb because I was greedy for regrowth. Instead I had a shed & it has not recovered
    I can still style my hair but there is pretty much no room for error now. I have definitely gotten worse since my peak results on fin. Even now 9 months after starting dut, I will shed like f*cking crazy on some days

For some reason a lot of anecdotes are like this for guys switching from fin to dut....in hindsight I think just starting on dut might be best (skip the fin)
    However it is definitely worth messing with your hormones, because a healthy endocrine system is useless w/o good hair

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Fin worked great for me. I started dut in Feb because I was greedy for regrowth. Instead I had a shed & it has not recovered
    I can still style my hair but there is pretty much no room for error now. I have definitely gotten worse since my peak results on fin. Even now 9 months after starting dut, I will shed like f*cking crazy on some days

For some reason a lot of anecdotes are like this for guys switching from fin to dut....in hindsight I think just starting on dut might be best (skip the fin)
    However it is definitely worth messing with your hormones, because a healthy endocrine system is useless w/o good hair
    I remember when I first got into this, I tried revita shampoo. Frontal part of my hairline is now thinner. I went through a shed, never recovered.

Earlier this year, I tried Nizarol, right side of my scalp is slightly thinner. Due to this, I am forced now to keep my hair shorter, when it grows out, my hair looks uneven.

Everywhere else is thick. But my days of longer hair are over.

What I am trying to say, how do you know fin didn't cause premature thinning?

I am on no meds atm, and my hair is pretty stable.

25g65 are you still taking fin with your dut?

Theres no guarentee dut will yeild better results. I personally think dut is best for those who do NOT respond to fin well.

Actually if you look at the trial results from fin and dut and compare, you will think on the surface dut is much superior based on haircount, but in reaility dut just gave FASTER results than fin. (if you look at peak haircounts in the longer term dut was better but not by a whole lot)

25 I'd expect for you that your dut journey will be similar to your fin jouurney...very slow but hopefully moderate improvements. You said your fin results peaked at 18 months correct?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I remember when I first got into this, I tried revita shampoo. Frontal part of my hairline is now thinner. I went through a shed, never recovered.

Earlier this year, I tried Nizarol, right side of my scalp is slightly thinner. Due to this, I am forced now to keep my hair shorter, when it grows out, my hair looks uneven.

Everywhere else is thick. But my days of longer hair are over.

What I am trying to say, how do you know fin didn't cause premature thinning?

I am on no meds atm, and my hair is pretty stable.
    I know fin did not cause premature thinning because my hair got thicker on it. I responded well

25g65 are you still taking fin with your dut?

Theres no guarentee dut will yeild better results. I personally think dut is best for those who do NOT respond to fin well.

Actually if you look at the trial results from fin and dut and compare, you will think on the surface dut is much superior based on haircount, but in reaility dut just gave FASTER results than fin. (if you look at peak haircounts in the longer term dut was better but not by a whole lot)

25 I'd expect for you that your dut journey will be similar to your fin jouurney...very slow but hopefully moderate improvements. You said your fin results peaked at 18 months correct?
    I dropped fin from my regimen last month. Do you think this was a bad idea?
    & my peak results on fin were around month 14-15 I think. However I do not remember having a significant shed on fin like I have on dut

hmm welll to be honest taking fin while on dut is a waste of money....if your skepticle of your dut source then i can see why remaining on fin may be wise

but aslong as ur taking legit dut it shouldnt matter if you drop fin

are you on minox or anything else?