Dandruff solution? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Inactive

Angry Dandruff solution?

Hi guys, for some time now I've noticed I have dandruff (I'm washing my hair every day with baby shampoo), it's not noticeable at all UNTIL I try massaging my scalp firmly with my fingers - then I get this !

What do you suggest, how should I get rid of this?
    I have a strong feeling it clogs my hair and doesn't let nutrients reach the root.
    Nizoral shampoo? Or something else?

Ps, my diet is very healthy and "hair-wise" and I exercise regularly if that matters.

Hello,

The first thing you need to do is stop massaging your scalp firmly. Massage your scalp gently with the pads of your fingers. It would be a good idea to give Nizoral a try. Follow the instructions on the bottle exactly. Then after that first eight weeks, use it only once per week in place of your regular shampoo. Make sure to use a good quality conditioner such as Aveeno's "Nourish+ Moisturize" conditioner on the days that you use Nizoral.

Baby shampoo is not the best to use. Give Aveeno's sulfate free "pure renewal" shampoo and conditioner a try. Save the baby shampoo for those days when you have an injury to your scalp such as cuts or abrasions.

Be gentle with your hair, especially when it is wet. Never be firm, harsh or vigorous with your hair.

Take care,

Tracy

Inactive

Thanks,
    BUT why I tried massaging my scalp "firmly" is because I ran into a very interesting set of messages on another forum (see HERE)
    that suggest firm massage pinching like betters the blood flow through scalp.

Seems very logical.

I'll definitely look into conditioner.
    Ps my hair doesn't look this awful AT ALL, until I scratch the scalp a bit with nails, then all this dandruff becomes visible.

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    BUT why I tried massaging my scalp "firmly" is because I ran into a very interesting set of messages on another forum.
    Most guys have no idea how to take proper care of their hair. Don't use your nails. Don't be firm, harsh or vigorous. Use the pads of your fingers and massage gently.

Also, when you dry your hair with the towel, don't be vigorous with that either. Gently pat your hair dry with the towel. If you blow dry, use the lowest settings.

I just posted a pic of the conditioner in another thread. Here is that pic as well as pics of the other Aveeno products. When looking this stuff up for that other thread, I found that Aveeno also offers a sulfate free 2-n-1. Though I don't think 2-n-1's are a good idea, I know many guys prefer to use a 2-n-1. I suppose using a 2-n-1 is better than not using conditioner at all.

Inactive

Thanks, I'll look into it tommorow.

As for the firm massage - guys on that other forum state the improved blood flow helped their hair noticeably...
    I'll study it a bit more..

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    As for the firm massage - guys on that other forum state the improved blood flow helped their hair noticeably...
    I'm not buying it because I know better. Ask those folks to provide good quality before and after pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hello,

The first thing you need to do is stop massaging your scalp firmly. Massage your scalp gently with the pads of your fingers. It would be a good idea to give Nizoral a try. Follow the instructions on the bottle exactly. Then after that first eight weeks, use it only once per week in place of your regular shampoo. Make sure to use a good quality conditioner such as Aveeno's "Nourish+ Moisturize" conditioner on the days that you use Nizoral.

Baby shampoo is not the best to use. Give Aveeno's sulfate free "pure renewal" shampoo and conditioner a try. Save the baby shampoo for those days when you have an injury to your scalp such as cuts or abrasions.

Be gentle with your hair, especially when it is wet. Never be firm, harsh or vigorous with your hair.

Take care,

Tracy
    I recently got Nizoral 1% for my oily/flaky scalp. I use two times a week and leave it in for about 3 minutes. I'm not sure if I should keep this routine up after 8 weeks or lower it to once a week.