Still losing hair with keratin/sebum build up - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Still losing hair with keratin/sebum build up

Haven't been here in a little bit. I know some doctors lurk around and post at random so I'm hoping one of you can give me a response. After taking fin and experiencing rapid Hairloss with scalp issues at the one year mark, I rode it out til 2 years. Took a break for about two months and took dutasteride which I've been on now for 7.5 months.. My Hairloss still progresses and almost every one of my shed hairs have a keratin plug covering the root bulb. No doctor had been able to give me an answer and they just say it's normal.. Sometimes I'll have two hairs stuck under the plug. It's totally insane because without this disorder, I probably wouldn't have Hairloss.

I take setipiprant (600mg) a day
    Take avodart (.5mg) a day
    Have tried all tar shampoos( even one from Canada that is 10% coal tar)
    Tried nizoral
    Do acv rinses every night
    Tried vitamins
    Tried sulfasalazine ( not sure if mine is legit because it doesn't change my urine color at all)
    Tried clobetasol
    Tried minoxidil ( quit due to the reaction on finasteride)

So I've done a lot and can't control the condition... What the hell is causing this.. Behind my hairline gets itchy and then my hairline seems to recede to the area that the itch came from..
    Also, the back behind my ears gets itchy from time to time so not sure if this is psoriasis or SD, but the treatments for both do NOT help me...

What else could this be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Haven't been here in a little bit. I know some doctors lurk around and post at random so I'm hoping one of you can give me a response. After taking fin and experiencing rapid Hairloss with scalp issues at the one year mark, I rode it out til 2 years. Took a break for about two months and took dutasteride which I've been on now for 7.5 months.. My Hairloss still progresses and almost every one of my shed hairs have a keratin plug covering the root bulb. No doctor had been able to give me an answer and they just say it's normal.. Sometimes I'll have two hairs stuck under the plug. It's totally insane because without this disorder, I probably wouldn't have Hairloss.

I take setipiprant (600mg) a day
    Take avodart (.5mg) a day
    Have tried all tar shampoos( even one from Canada that is 10% coal tar)
    Tried nizoral
    Do acv rinses every night
    Tried vitamins
    Tried sulfasalazine ( not sure if mine is legit because it doesn't change my urine color at all)
    Tried clobetasol
    Tried minoxidil ( quit due to the reaction on finasteride)

So I've done a lot and can't control the condition... What the hell is causing this.. Behind my hairline gets itchy and then my hairline seems to recede to the area that the itch came from..
    Also, the back behind my ears gets itchy from time to time so not sure if this is psoriasis or SD, but the treatments for both do NOT help me...

What else could this be?
    Bump.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
    Bump.

Anyone?
    I think you are a lot more experienced then most users so you wont get a lot of answers. In my opinion there is nothing more you can do...

How is the dut working for you? 12 months in?

I have the exact same condition.

My scalp feels like it is on fire all over, about twice a week and my hair diffusely thins out.

I can't believe it's affecting my so called safe zones too.

I think now the itching/burning sensation is bothering me even more than the hair loss. I find to even concentrate at work. I can relate to the itching of the ears, forehead and neck too.

In all honesty, hate to say this, but it's probably just ANDROGEN ALOPECIA.

In other words, the meds you're using aren't HELPING. They may not be hurting.

I USED to think Minoxidil would help me. Boy, was I WRONG. So WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    In all honesty, hate to say this, but it's probably just ANDROGEN ALOPECIA.

In other words, the meds you're using aren't HELPING. They may not be hurting.

I USED to think Minoxidil would help me. Boy, was I WRONG. So WRONG.
    Im on 10mg of dutasteride and still losing so idk what the hell is happening with me. If i had to guess, meds truly made things worse and tanked my hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Im on 10mg of dutasteride and still losing so idk what the hell is happening with me. If i had to guess, meds truly made things worse and tanked my hormones.
    Hi Ziggy.

You may remember me from that other forum... nice to see you again dude.

I finally got that HT.

I am beginning liposomal fin from H&W soon.

dude 10mg of dut? wtf?

Hey man! Congrats on the transplant dude, hope everything goes 100% perfect for you. And good luck with the topical fin. I think oral is for some and for others, it can really confuse the body. Im on 10mg of dut amd have ZERO sides at all. Still shedding and still receding with painful feelings.

Update that transplant every once and a while. Im still game for one, but the quickness of my hairloss really scares me, especially without being able to maintain.

Later man!