+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this balding or am I going paranoid?

First of all, Im 27 and Ive always had very very fine hair, Its extremely "light" so to speak, not heavy at all. On my mothers side, all the men have full head of hair. My father went bald very early tho.

Lately Ive gotten more self consious about balding, I didnt even read about such stuff before but since I started reading about it Im paranoid Im going bald.

My hairline is naturally high and it hasnt moved since I was like 13 or something.

This is how my hair looks straight under heavy lightning, keep in mind I also took a few pictures of the "side" of my head to show how easy ones see my scalp as soon as I separate the hair with my hands.

I had washed my hair before this and then let it dry naturally. Then I separated the hair in the middle with my hands.

These are the pictures:

Here I separate the hair on the side of my head (where you dont really go bald) to show how clear you see my scalp when I separate the hair to both sides:

Thankyou for all input and help.

This is how the hair looks when I dont consiously separate space on my head:

Here is two other pics for reference, when I do as I did with my scalp: I seperate the hair with my hands to show you how easy ones see my scalp with my fine hair:

Anyone?

first of all I am not a doctor, and you do have fine hair,i hate to break this to you but i think you are going bald slowly. i would suggest to go see a dermatologist a good one and speak to them about it.If they concur start propecia, a lot of people have been able to slow it down significantly including me. Dont wait till its to late. i dont want to scare you bc hair loss will mess with you mentally. Stay active, eat healthy and if you have to, take finesteride. let us know how it turns out

Accept it and shave it

From the look of it, it does seem like you are starting to go bald or at the very least partially bald. What kind of shampoo are you using? How is your diet? If I were you I would see a dermatologist; after all, he's the professional.

I experienced the same thing as you did. I had thin hair from 16 to 29. At this point, I knew I was going partially bald. I changed my diet, bought quite a few "hair growth" shampoo, which I talk about here: A Short Guide to the Best Hair Growth Shampoo | www.rescuemyhair.net

It "worked" for roughly a year. I didn't see any growth, but I wasn't shedding/losing ground either. Then it happened. I started to lose a lot of hair from the very beginning and end of the crown. I kept the shampoo and added minox 5% to my "hair diet." It's been three years now; I still use phytoworx's shampoo, some vitamins pills (I know it's crap but for some reasons I still take them) and Minox. Haven't seen any regrowth, but at least there is no more step back or further hair losses anymore.