Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanook
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by maxhair
    These are impressive pictures. Did Dr Gho make any claims about donor regeneration? Did he estimate what percentage of split hair follicles would regrow?

Also, you healed really well. Are you normally a fast healer?
    Thanks maxhair, they took me ages to upload!

I actually didn't talk with Dr Gho that much. He was quite focussed on counting the number of holes made, so I didn't want to disrupt him.

I'm not sure if I would regard myself as a fast healer. I'm assuming i'm just average? I'm certainly not as healthy and fit as I'd like to be, if that makes any difference?

One thing I didn't do was wash my hair as thorough as I was suppose to. After a couple of days you get crusts/scabs form and they tell you not to pick or scratch them. At day 4 you can wash your hair, but I was too gentle and careful and didn't remove all the scabs/crust. So when I went into the clinic for my 1 week follow up they were quite surprised how unclean it looked. After the appointment I washed my hair and it looked heaps better.There's still a little redness around the hair line a week out, but yeah otherwise i'm doing fine. I probably should of been more aggressive with it at day 4.

Comment

• maxhair
      • Oct 2011

[QUOTE=sanook;101446]Thanks maxhair, they took me ages to upload!

I actually didn't talk with Dr Gho that much. He was quite focussed on counting the number of holes made, so I didn't want to disrupt him.

So, you just didn't bother asking him about the percentage of donor regeneration, and he didn't bother making any indication of this throughout the whole procedure, including the consultation?

This makes no sense.

Why did you go to Gho then?

You didn't pay all that extra money per graft for no reason I assume.

You do realize that Gho claims he can regenerate the donor region?

Comment

• drybone
        • Dec 2012

If you could regenerate the donor region, we would have our first cure for baldness. Probably take you 10 years as well.

Comment

• Gandolf
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by drybone
          If you could regenerate the donor region, we would have our first cure for baldness. Probably take you 10 years as well.
          Not for everyone. There are many "hair loss sufferers" who are nowhere near completely bald who could hit their goals in 2-3 treatments spaced out once per year.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Gandolf
            Not for everyone. There are many "hair loss sufferers" who are nowhere near completely bald who could hit their goals in 2-3 treatments spaced out once per year.
            I'd be one of them. I'd need 3 trips to go back to a moderately close stage of NW1 (which i'd prefer over a NW0 since I get this weird feeling I'd look weird with a perfectly straight hairline).

Comment

• Gandolf
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
              I'd be one of them. I'd need 3 trips to go back to a moderately close stage of NW1 (which i'd prefer over a NW0 since I get this weird feeling I'd look weird with a perfectly straight hairline).
              Yeah I think almost anyone over 30ish looks kind of weird with a straight line NW0. Even as a child I think I had some level of curvature in my hairline, although I think the ultra straight hairlines are more common in black and hispanic ethnicities and much more rare for caucasians like myself although maybe I'm just imagining things I think I see.

Comment

• koolx
                • Oct 2010

i'm a NW1.. can someone tell me if Dr. Gho's HST is any good? is it worth it?

Comment

• drybone
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Gandolf
                  how long does it take to 'regenerate' the hair follicles that were already harvested in the donor sits>

Comment

• sanook
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by maxhair
                    So, you just didn't bother asking him about the percentage of donor regeneration, and he didn't bother making any indication of this throughout the whole procedure, including the consultation?

This makes no sense.

Why did you go to Gho then?

You didn't pay all that extra money per graft for no reason I assume.

You do realize that Gho claims he can regenerate the donor region?
                    Yes, that's why went there. My understanding is that it will regenerate at least 80%.

Comment

• koolx
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by sanook
                      Yes, that's why went there. My understanding is that it will regenerate at least 80%.
                      are there good before and after pics of Gho's work? can u please link them here?

Comment

• sanook
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by koolx
                        are there good before and after pics of Gho's work? can u please link them here?
                        check the wesley sneijder thread here

Comment

• drybone
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sanook
                          He can REGENERATE new hair follicles.

Comment

• Gandolf
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by drybone
                            He can REGENERATE new hair follicles.
                            He has a device that removes part of the folicle in the donor, which is then implanted into the recipient and the other part is left behind. According to his claims, both will grow. There are some members here who have taken pictures of their donor areas and shared with us on the forum, but this is still a ways away from being proven in the eyes of many in the hair loss community. The patients though do all seem quite happy so far so that is promising.

Comment

• Gandolf
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 534623
                              All these photos (and a lot more) exist already in this forum section. I don't know why gals like "Arashi" or "Gandolf" etc answer properly your questions or post these (educational) pics.
                              Drybone,

You seem like an intelligent guy so I'm sure I don't have to tell you to be wary getting your education about a medical procedure from a guy like 534623 who resorts to childish namecalling and antics of a 10 year old rather than having an intelligent discussion on the issue as he did above by calling me and the other gentleman a "gal". There's lots of good information here, just do your due dilligence and realize that there are many on these forums who clearly have an agenda. Be careful and good luck!

Comment

• didi
                                • Nov 2011

What does it mean to be 'proven'?

The photos posted by IM are proof that hair regenerates unless you think they are photoshopped.

Is FUE, FUT, BHT proven?

Comment

Working...