+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Histogen news

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Histogens lack of funding and delays are the biggest disappointment. This should have been to the market this year and now it looks like it won't ever make it.
    Aren't we looking at 2017 now ?

I don't think Histogen is out of the game. Everyone thought they were finished then they came out of nowhere and said they were having a final trial in Japan for 2015. I don't think they lack funding either, I think they hit some roadblocks with lawsuits though.

I don't get how Histogen is having trouble funding with those pictures on that lady they provided earlier. That is at least one case of insane amount of proven regrowth. If they have 2-3 more of those cases on males as well, this is hot stuff aside from health issues.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    I don't get how Histogen is having trouble funding with those pictures on that lady they provided earlier. That is at least one case of insane amount of proven regrowth. If they have 2-3 more of those cases on males as well, this is hot stuff aside from health issues.
    I hope Histogen is successful. I have not yet seen any impressive photos from Histogen. I didn't find any impressive photos on their Website either. Could you post the lady's photos you are referring to?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I hope Histogen is successful. I have not yet seen any impressive photos from Histogen. I didn't find any impressive photos on their Website either. Could you post the lady's photos you are referring to?
    [/I]
    If it even maintains hair for a year at a time, I would be pleased and I believe many other people would be also. Combined with finasteride, I believe it would allow people more freedom when opting for HTs. We'll see though, I think they will shed more light on HSC in the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

Here, it isn't anything impressive but it also isn't anything low. Honestly it is rather moderate growth but is is better than anything I saw.

And the last video with Dr. Naughton showed that Histogen has compound effects with diminshing returns. Honestly if it is proven safe it might be the most effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

Here, it isn't anything impressive but it also isn't anything low. Honestly it is rather moderate growth but is is better than anything I saw.

And the last video with Dr. Naughton showed that Histogen has compound effects with diminshing returns. Honestly if it is proven safe it might be the most effective.
    Just think about a high dosage of histogen along with fin or ru. If those growth factors can muscle against mpb and still grow new hair think about if you took away the resistance of dht. As far as Im concerned this could be a cure for everyone just starting experience hair loss. Hair transplants are now a less risky option too. At the very least it can hold off mpb until replicel comes out. This is big!

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    Just think about a high dosage of histogen along with fin or ru. If those growth factors can muscle against mpb and still grow new hair think about if you took away the resistance of dht. As far as Im concerned this could be a cure for everyone just starting experience hair loss. Hair transplants are now a less risky option too. At the very least it can hold off mpb until replicel comes out. This is big!
    Yes, this has the potential to be good but I would still like to see some results in men and more patients.
    It seems that HSC has a compounding effect, it means you can apply it again and again and still get results although each time they are lesser but in total they should get higher, then this could be a moderate growth hair treatment in conjunction with other treatments it could offer very good results.

However I will be frank with you, we need to see them starting Phase 2 trials and being able to offer it in Japan where Phase 2 is only needed. When we hear that, that is when I'll get excited. All this long wait and getting funds for so long makes this very unpredictable and open in terms of coming to market. I hate to say but although I never thought of Aderans having anything good them failing has left me very sceptical in terms of promising treatments coming to market.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Yes, this has the potential to be good but I would still like to see some results in men and more patients.
    It seems that HSC has a compounding effect, it means you can apply it again and again and still get results although each time they are lesser but in total they should get higher, then this could be a moderate growth hair treatment in conjunction with other treatments it could offer very good results.

However I will be frank with you, we need to see them starting Phase 2 trials and being able to offer it in Japan where Phase 2 is only needed. When we hear that, that is when I'll get excited. All this long wait and getting funds for so long makes this very unpredictable and open in terms of coming to market. I hate to say but although I never thought of Aderans
    having anything good them failing has left me very sceptical in terms of promising treatments coming to market.
    Sheseido is conducting their own replicel trial and underwriting the cost from replicel. That's millions and millions simply to get this product out a few years sooner. If you look at their pilot study some people had 20% improvement in 6 months with no health risks. I don't think funding is an issue at this point, for replicel at least.

Hey guys. What do you think will happen now? Because of the new regulations in Japan a treatment like Histogen but also Replicel can come to market during phase 2, as soon as safety is shown.
    Histogen is conducting phase 3 trial. Does that mean they can sell their product right away? Also Shiseido/Replicel is starting the phase 2 trial.