+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Times are changing. What you need to realise is that once upon a time you could be bald and great. Those days are over.

To have the opportunity of greatness, with the exception of sport, you have to pass the image test first. You can't be a world leader until you are elected; you have to pass the image test. You can't be a CEO until you climb the junior ranks; you have to pass the image test. You can't be a mature actor until you've played some minor roles; you need to pass the image test.

We live in an image obsessed culture. In the past things like intelligence and wisdom reigned supreme. Now, you need image as well.

There's no point trying to lead a full life when one third of what you need has been snatched away before you even cross the starting line.

What he says is 100% the truth. Why does he need psychiatric help lol...

I agree with him about hair loss can greatly mess up your chances in life.

I still love life etc though. Life is good. Id rather live it bald than not live it. Very much so.

But I will also try to regain my hair. At almost all costs.

I get some pleasure out of life, in food and travel for example. I just get no satisfaction in my career and don't expect to because of hair loss. I also have no prospect of ever having the political career I wanted, again because of hair loss.

So it's like life is only running on half power at the moment and I'm starting to get bored of it. I don't think psychiatry could change that.

In my opinion, thats rational. Hair loss sucks ass. It's worse than people make it out to be. To me it might even be worse than losing a leg or so...I am not kidding. Both sucks...but I would choose hair.

Hopefully though histogen comes through for us folks. I doubt they will have trouble with funding, there are some rich bald guys out there.

The negative reaction to losing hair and losing a limb are surprisingly similar in most people questioned. Losing hair is just more common and less inconvenient. I think the real difference that might make losing a limb more appealling is that it engenders sympathy rather than ridicule.

It's the fact that baldness is allowed to be ridiculed that really makes me angry.

Exactly.

When someone sees a bald guy he gets a smirk on his face and thinks "lol...that must suck haha" they can scoff at you. They see your hair loss and it's a big joke.

Would this happen to a guy who lost a limb? no.

In my opinion anyway that says hair loss doesn't dramatically change your life is extremely deluded and needs help.

It's just the plain truth. Thats why these forums exist and that is why we are so damn desperate for a cure.

I won't lie to myself.

Hahaha, keepthehair and fixedby35 you pair are ****ing losers man. Upload some pictures so that people can see the cretins there hearing this shit from. How does it make you feel when you go out in the real world and see balding guys living happy, fulfilling lives while your both a complete mess over something that you can't stop.

Well atleast we dont go around calling people

"****ing losers"

keepthehair, you're not a loser, you're just gullible. fixedby35 is a loser though.

I've yet to meet a happy bald man under 50. I'll let you know when I do.