+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    No one would ever notice it. No one, I guarantee it. You're looking too far for excuses not to take the plunge.

But even then, as you're NW2.5, you don't need a surgery, yet. My surgeon was Rudi De Reys.
    Yeah its kinda at the point where its enough to just slightly annoy me, but not really warrant a surgery, yet.

I linger on here to check updates in advances and educate myself on current options incase I need to use them when the time comes. And it will come. Thankfully, slowly for me.

If I turn 35 and I am still stabilized like I have been the past 5 and half years, (I have literally lost like none since propecia) then I'll probably write my situation off as completely safe and get a nice dense hairline with 2,000 grafts.

I cant justify a strip and removing scalp laxity for anything less than 2k grafts. So Id just get 2 even though 1.5 would have done the trick.

H&W or Rahal strip

Nice.

Look at Dr. Konior also if you go for FUT. Imo, he is pretty much the best worldwide and even has a slight edge over H&W (who are considered one of the best) and over Rahal . Have seen some sub-par cases of H&W lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Nice.

Look at Dr. Konior also if you go for FUT. Imo, he is pretty much the best worldwide and even has a slight edge over H&W (who are considered one of the best) and over Rahal . Have seen some sub-par cases of H&W lately.
    H&W has always been my first round draft pick, even more than Rahal honestly.

Where is Konior located? I'll have to Google him later...

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    H&W has always been my first round draft pick, even more than Rahal honestly.

Where is Konior located? I'll have to Google him later...
    Yeah true I would give H&W a slight edge over Rahal too.

Dr. Konior is located in Chicago. My pick personally would be either H&W or Konior (for FUT).

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Yeah true I would give H&W a slight edge over Rahal too.

Dr. Konior is located in Chicago. My pick personally would be either H&W or Konior (for FUT).
    And FUE?

And FUE?
    I would definitely do FUE with Rahal over any other surgeon right now. I personally would never do strip. Why the hell would you want a joker scar on the back of your head and pay for it?

Even if you stabilize and never shave down, why would you do that to your head versus FUE? I have seen a FUT scar in person and it's absolutely terrifying. I would never.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I would definitely do FUE with Rahal over any other surgeon right now. I personally would never do strip. Why the hell would you want a joker scar on the back of your head and pay for it?

Even if you stabilize and never shave down, why would you do that to your head versus FUE? I have seen a FUT scar in person and it's absolutely terrifying. I would never.
    If i never shave down, the strip scar is pencil thin (seen those regulary from top docs like H&W) and i am getting all my grafts from the sweet spot the question as to why i would not get strip becomes equally compelling... no?

If i never shave down, the strip scar is pencil thin (seen those regulary from top docs like H&W) and i am getting all my grafts from the sweet spot the question as to why i would not get strip becomes equally compelling... no?
    FUT is a thing of the past in my opinion. It's an old school way to do hair transplants since FUE has been introduced. Not sure what your definition of a "thin line" is, but every FUT scar I have ever seen in person has been absolutely horrifying and shows even with hair at a decent length in the back. Obviously, this may not be the case for every FUT, but to have a smile on the back of your head regardless of how "thin" you think it may be to me is not smart. FUE is not as noticeable and could be very undetectable even when shaved with the right doc.

Why would you pay to have a smile on the back of your head for life? What if you need to shave down? Prepare to get looks from others as if you're a creature from another planet. It's the reality of it, I have seen it to many times and also the reactions of others when they see it.

I wouldn't do it. Terrible decision IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    FUT is a thing of the past in my opinion. It's an old school way to do hair transplants since FUE has been introduced. Not sure what your definition of a "thin line" is, but every FUT scar I have ever seen in person has been absolutely horrifying and shows even with hair at a decent length in the back. Obviously, this may not be the case for every FUT, but to have a smile on the back of your head regardless of how "thin" you think it may be to me is not smart. FUE is not as noticeable and could be very undetectable even when shaved with the right doc.

Why would you pay to have a smile on the back of your head for life? What if you need to shave down? Prepare to get looks from others as if you're a creature from another planet. It's the reality of it, I have seen it to many times and also the reactions of others when they see it.

I wouldn't do it. Terrible decision IMHO.
    You havent addressed the hair coming from the sweet spot.

Or more fatty tissue protecting the dermal papillae, which decreases transection rates.

Also it's a fact you can get more grafts lifetime if you do FUT first followed by FUE after being stripped out.

My question to you is why would u pay MORE money to get LESS hair. It appears to me to be a mathematical fallacy.

If i get a hair transplant i will not shave my head. Scar wont matta