+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    Sorry if im wrong but was there not a law passed in Japan saying these things could be released earlier than the end of three trials or something similar? if so could we possibly get histogen sooner than waiting for the end of the trial?
    yes that is true, only needs phase 2 now before it can be released. That means with Histogen or Replicel we could have a cure within 2 or 3 years if all goes well. Plus bimatoprost results are out in january. I've never been this optimistic about treatments before. fingers crossed

Histogen and Replicel are not "cures". That is very misleading. They are both better treatments than what we have available, however, they won't be released to the public unless they are significantly better. No one will fund them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Histogen and Replicel are not "cures". That is very misleading. They are both better treatments than what we have available, however, they won't be released to the public unless they are significantly better. No one will fund them otherwise.
    David Hall of repicel just went on record saying once they figure out dosage and frequency then it will be a full blown cure and your miniaturized follicles will be replaced with androgen insensitive follicles. We're on the home stretch. He wouldn't use such a promise with a large company backing him unless there was truth behind it. He didn't say "treatment" and didn't say "hope" or "if". This is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    but if you get say 50% regrowth from replicel or hsitogen and the other 50% from a HT and drugs like bimatoprsot, minoxidil and propecia then you'd have a full head of hair so that would be a cure really. the more doses of histogen or replicel you have the more hair you'll get.

Hi guys,

Although I am a bit tired of seeing the same women's temple over the years, I have a question regarding these two treatments assuming that they work.

How would a hair-transplanted donor area react to these treatments? I think some of the hair follicles are damaged during an operation, right? If not, would the donor get super-densed? Sorry if it is discussed before or unrealistic to ask at this point, knowing that 5-year rule stays there.

Bests and thanks!
    B.

How would a hair-transplanted donor area react to these treatments? I think some of the hair follicles are damaged during an operation, right? If not, would the donor get super-densed? Sorry if it is discussed before or unrealistic to ask at this point, knowing that 5-year rule stays there.
    Your question has come up a number of times over the past few years. To put it succinctly, no one knows at this point. HTs create scar tissue in the donor area. To date, all the trials and testing for Histogen and Replicel have been done using virgin areas of scalp. People who have had HTs were specifically excluded from clinical trials. We really have no idea yet whether Histogen or Replicel will work on donor area scar tissue, although if you ask me, it seems logical that they would not.

Interestingly, HTs also cause some scarring in the recipient area, around where surgeons make the incisions to implant hairs. If it does turn out these treatments can't grow hair in scar tissue, getting a HT and then using a Histogen or Replicel treatment to thicken up the recipient area would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Your question has come up a number of times over the past few years. To put it succinctly, no one knows at this point. HTs create scar tissue in the donor area. To date, all the trials and testing for Histogen and Replicel have been done using virgin areas of scalp. People who have had HTs were specifically excluded from clinical trials. We really have no idea yet whether Histogen or Replicel will work on donor area scar tissue, although if you ask me, it seems logical that they would not.

Interestingly, HTs also cause some scarring in the recipient area, around where surgeons make the incisions to implant hairs. If it does turn out these treatments can't grow hair in scar tissue, getting a HT and then using a Histogen or Replicel treatment to thicken up the recipient area would not work.
    Oh, I meant the "recipient area" in the first place. Thank you for the answer.

Now, I am again stuck in between waiting for these treatments to come up or having a fue.

nobody knows if Histogen or replicel works in the recipient area if you have had a hT....

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    nobody knows if Histogen or replicel works in the recipient area if you have had a hT....
    If the follicle cells are still present, then it should still work in the recipient area. Only way I can't see it not working is if the miniaturized follicles in balding areas have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    It won't need to because the transplanted hairs are DHT resistant. Of course it will work on the surrounding 'invisible' miniaturised hairs as they are unaffected by a transplant.