+ Reply to Thread

Default If you've just realized you might be losing hair.. please do something about it!

Seriously...

I put off Minox and Fin for FOUR years.. I would say its easily one of the biggest mistakes I ever made.

I noticed I started losing hair back in late 2015/2016, I was around 19 at the time. I almost always had very long hair but I started noticing that the "parting" was getting wider.

https://imgur.com/a/7qYJpBN

I was in shock, I couldn't believe that I might actually be going bald, I literally shaved my head to see if it would make a difference (lol.. I know)

This is what my hair used to look like.

https://imgur.com/a/cyk1qen

Even though I kept telling myself "I'm not going bald" It's all in my head and I'm being paranoid. I honestly should've trusted my insticts at the time, over the next few years.. my hairline slowly flew away, I started thinning everywhere else all over.

Being in my early 20's this really effected myself mentally and I did take a hit in confidence, I've done alright in terms of my dating life but that's not the type of confidence I'm talking about. I'd often see someone walking down with a full head of hair and instantly envy them, wishing I never had MBP.

Funnily enough, I still bitched and moaned and did not take any action towards it. I was slowly coming to terms with it when I decided to buzz my head again and this was the result.

https://imgur.com/a/fziBzlv

I literally went from the first picture to THIS in 3-4 years. I feel like it accelerated over the past year but ****.. you don't really come to terms with it until its right there infront of your eyes.

I started Fin/Min exactly one month ago today, alongside dermarolling every other day (0.5mm.. still not sure what the best way would be to go about this).

Sides are definitely ****ing scary, you hear all these horror stories online but to be honest... I had sides about 3 weeks in and they are all gone. I hate myself for putting this off for so long, it was never about the cost, yes, this stuff can be pricey but in the grandscheme of things the mental effect its had on me knowing that I'm finally doing what I can towards this is worth it.

I figured I'd just put this out there (even though I'm sure its very poorly formatted and the grammar is all over the place).

Don't make the same mistake I did.

At least you have taken some action now.

Yes, dermarolling every other day with a 0.5mm roller is a good start!

Good luck and keep your chin up!