+ Reply to Thread

Default rogaine regrowth

Hello. I have been using rogaine for almost one month on my temples and front of my hair. When I look for regrowth I see thin light hairs but it is my understanding that when you lose your hair that is also what happens (hair minimizes and become smaller.) So I was wondering how can I tell if this is regrowth, thickening of my existing hair or am I still just losing hair.
    BTW this is a great site.
    Thanks

Hello,

Well... You are probably not going to like reading this - but it is the truth.

Your first clue is that it typically takes between four and six months of continued twice a day use of Minoxidil before you start to see any regrowth. If you've only been using it for a month, you haven't been using it long enough to see any regrowth yet.

Your second clue, especially if you are a cacausion male, is that males usually do not get to keep their temple hair as they become adults. This is a natural and normal male trait like a deeper voice, bigger hands, bigger feet and so on. Because losing temple hair is a natural and normal male trait, it is not likely that Minoxidil or any other medication is going to prevent it from happening. Though sometimes it does work in the temples for some males to some degree.

Sorry

ok you are right I didn't want to hear that..lol....I guess I'll chill out and stop checking until month four and hope I am one of the "some" that get results.
    Thanks

Default Nizoral

Also, is the Nizoral I am supposed to be using the one that comes in a blue bottle that I can by at Rite Aid or Wallgreens?

Hello,

You can use either the 2% prescription strength version or the the 1% over the counter version (Nizoral A-D). Yes the Nizoral A-D bottle is blue.

It is important that you know not to over use Nizoral. If you are going to use the 2% version, only use that once per week. If you are going to use the 1% Nizoral A-D version, you can use that up to twice a week if you want to.

Take care,

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hello,

You can use either the 2% prescription strength version or the the 1% over the counter version (Nizoral A-D). Yes the Nizoral A-D bottle is blue.

It is important that you know not to over use Nizoral. If you are going to use the 2% version, only use that once per week. If you are going to use the 1% Nizoral A-D version, you can use that up to twice a week if you want to.

Take care,

Tracy
    Hi Tracy,

Can you please post your source for only using Nizoral 2% for once a week for hair regrowth.

I have been reading studies online where in trials Nizoral 2% was used up to 2-4 times per week for 1.5 years for hair regrowth.

Thank for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by darelg View Post
    Can you please post your source for only using Nizoral 2% for once a week for hair regrowth.
    First and foremost, read the side effect profile of Ketoconazole, the active ingredient of Nizoral. It clearly states that over using this medication can cause hair loss - not regrow hair. Nizoral is not a stand alone treatment for hair loss. It never was and it probably never will be. It is however a good adjunct treatment to add to stand alone treatments, as long as you don't over use it. The so called "studies" you've read are feeding you false information.