Iodine - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iodine

Quote Originally Posted by funkville View Post
    hey vic where do you get your Betadine Solution 10% iodine from?im based in uk and find it a tad hard to find.
    I purchased from our local pharmacy. Try googling it. I'm sure it's available everywhere.

ok cheers

VIC just be carefull dont use iodine so often or too much of it..too much iodine can make the thyroid dysfunction and you can die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    VIC just be carefull dont use iodine so often or too much of it..too much iodine can make the thyroid dysfunction and you can die from it.
    Ya I've read that and I only apply every other day. It's been a few months so all is good. The thing is, I've read Japanese people have Iodine levels the FDA says should kill someone but when you look at Japanese people, they all look crazy young and I don't think I've ever seen a bald one...

any updates with the iodine use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Ya I've read that and I only apply every other day. It's been a few months so all is good. The thing is, I've read Japanese people have Iodine levels the FDA says should kill someone but when you look at Japanese people, they all look crazy young and I don't think I've ever seen a bald one...

Quote Originally Posted by cardib View Post
    any updates with the iodine use?
    Not much difference to report. The darkest and longest new hair fell out recently. No terminal hair growth. There are more darker then peach fuzz hairs tho. Those seem to be filling in my temples with every passing week but nothing cosmetically significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Yeah but wouldnt you think japanese people have a separate gene pool from us which explains the MPB incidence a lot more then some random dietary thing? Maybe most japanese people have the ability to produce equol from soy and since they eat tons of soy that helps the few ones that are vulnerable to balding lower androgens and not go bald? There are a thousand better explanations then their iodine levels.
    Anything is possible I guess but just seems towards the bottom of the list of possible explanations to me.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah but wouldnt you think japanese people have a separate gene pool from us which explains the MPB incidence a lot more then some random dietary thing? Maybe most japanese people have the ability to produce equol from soy and since they eat tons of soy that helps the few ones that are vulnerable to balding lower androgens and not go bald? There are a thousand better explanations then their iodine levels.
    Anything is possible I guess but just seems towards the bottom of the list of possible explanations to me.
    Could be exactly what you said. My comment is more about the FDA recommended Iodine levels and how wrong they are since Japanese people have Iodine levels the FDA says can kill you.

Anyone see new growth?

Vic, any update on your iodine treatment?