+ Reply to Thread

Default Long intial story after reading board for a year

Hey guys,

I've been reading the board for over a year now and finally ready to make my initial post. I am a 29 year old white male.

First I guess I can say that my fathers history (although from what I read is irrelevant) is non existent. He is adopted and I've barley met him.

My mothers side of the family is a sight for sore eyes with hair. My grandfather was bald for all except sides, my uncles are basically the same and even some females have thinning hair. I know what your saying already so without further wait here's my story.

I don't have pics yet but can get some soon.

Throughout life I've had very coarse wavy blonde hair. Again as many here have had jokes that, with hair that thick I'll never go bald. Well, cut to a few years ago an ex girlfriend from high school said 'are you going thin in the front?'. Of course I give the brush of because at the time I still didn't feel I was. Then it was my crown had to be manipulated by hair stylist and I would always say it's because of how severe in the crown it fans out made it seem 'thin'.

Well now at 29 my hairline has not moved (which is the weird part) but I have very noticeable thinning throughout the top from the front hairs all the way back to crown. And now this past year the crown is not bald per-say but I def need to bring the top hair back with my part to cover it. My hair, for the most part is still thick, but per one thick hair is a few very thin ones and creates a sparse landscape. I notice literal gaps the size of a pencil eraser where no hair is at all throughout the top of my head. So wet hair makes the top look thin, any product does too. Just basically dried and parted is how I wear it and no one even thinks I'm suffering when I mention it to close friends.

I guess my question is , without pictures, how can with no frontal recession can the whole top just start thinning in uniform fashion? And I have also been on rogain foam for the crown coming up o a year and its maintained but feel lately it's getting worse. JUST started the shampoo everyone uses, the only two other options besides surgery for thickness is Propecia (which my dermo is very very hesitant on prescribing due to side effects and how young I am. She says she sees results but feels comfortable only in older patients) and the other effort not tried is laser comb.

Last but not least I have noticed that aside from my thick blonde hairs are random very black, very jaggedly curly short hairs all over??? Not sure what that is either.

That's a long first post but I have waited so long because my symptoms don't fall under a lot of what I normally read. Thanks for reading and any input would be appreciated!

Well after 300 views and zero replies, yet hypochondriac rants about sides of fin before the person EVEN takes it are replied to within minutes I will just share I figured this forum to be good for basic advice, maybe some 'I'm right there with ya' replies or just general positive comments.

But alas it's ok as this is not a life ending deal breaker, just a hiccup to deal with in the road of life. However I will add to all the people that post paragraphs upon paragraphs about Fin and it's seemingly infinite sexual side effects I have been on it sine the day after my first post and not so much as one slightest difference...in anything. Mood, sexually or emotionally.

Good luck to everyone giving it a shot and go in with a positive mindset and take it and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsingleton View Post
    Well after 300 views and zero replies, yet hypochondriac rants about sides of fin before the person EVEN takes it are replied to within minutes I will just share I figured this forum to be good for basic advice, maybe some 'I'm right there with ya' replies or just general positive comments.

But alas it's ok as this is not a life ending deal breaker, just a hiccup to deal with in the road of life. However I will add to all the people that post paragraphs upon paragraphs about Fin and it's seemingly infinite sexual side effects I have been on it sine the day after my first post and not so much as one slightest difference...in anything. Mood, sexually or emotionally.

Good luck to everyone giving it a shot and go in with a positive mindset and take it and forget about it.
    To answer your ?: It can sometimes start in the back and move forward- it is less common but is one of the patterns. Mine started in the front but started much later in the back. But back is much faster so I can somehow relate. Get on meds if you want it to stop.
    good luck!

Default My dad started at crown at 29 and gradually progressed to all top of his head.

I only started in very late 30s at front sides but in last 2 years really lost alot at front , crown still ok. I was paranoid from 15 as my dad and gramp lost hair early but shouldnt have wortied as much as i did.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsingleton View Post

Hey John. I used to come here daily since shortly after I got my transplant but now come every other day. If I had seen your post I would have replied.

We are on your side. I have posted hundreds of posts , yet finally after months I put up my own topic regarding my own transplant and only TWO people came and commented. Sometimes people are only concerned about their own affairs or play games.

The two that commented really know their stuff so platitudes by the other guys is not worth the comments I received from the two expert members.

I can tell you I have been on it two months and the first 3 weeks I had a rubbery one and watery semen, and then one day it corrected itself and I am back to my old self. No other sides whatsoever .Same sex drive, everything.

And I take 1.25mg daily. I did have an initial shed on the top , and some shock loss from my hair transplant on the top too, but since then its the same and I have been told to wait a year to see results.

Remember, its a marathon, not a sprint.

Hope this gives you some hope

If I was here at the time, I would have said something like always. But I was not posting in early Feb. With that sai,d I honestly wouldn't know what to say anyway, you are already on what ever I would have suggested to use and that is Rogaine and Fin. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If I was here at the time, I would have said something like always. But I was not posting in early Feb. With that sai,d I honestly wouldn't know what to say anyway, you are already on what ever I would have suggested to use and that is Rogaine and Fin. Good luck.
    I encourage you to post more. I enjoy what you write. You seem intelligent and we all can use the advice.