+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    @ nameless: Congress will be in November 18-21. (http://www.hair2015.org/)
    Samumed is one of the most important sponsors (silver).
    All of that can't be only pure coincidence in my opinion.
    so the first phase 2 ends about 1 month before the 2015 congress. Interesting. They could have the phase 2 results by the time the 2015 congress begins. They will at least have some preliminary data. It seems to me that they should know if the drug works by then or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I just tried to talk with Samumed. They're very paranoid and secretive. They won't even discuss the phase 2 that has almost completed. They did say that they do not know yet if SM04554 works or not.
    Tbf if they aren't going to say anything then they are probably going to say that aha.

I really believe in samumed, if it really works (like in studies with new HF formation from existing ones) even a high Norwoods will be able to undergo a big hairtransplant with a decent result
    If Samumed give me my hair life back , I will tatoo them upon my heart hehe

I really hope they are planning the asian market already, and that this seconde phase 2 with biomarkers could be sufficient for a future release there (cause 'im afraid it can't be the case in US as the 21st cure bill will take months to become reality). i can't wait too long before testing this Wnt activation!

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I just tried to talk with Samumed. They're very paranoid and secretive. They won't even discuss the phase 2 that has almost completed. They did say that they do not know yet if SM04554 works or not.
    Shouldn't they technically not know if it works or not if this is a double blind study? Neither the subject or investigator should know if they received SM04554 or placebo until conclusion.

Of course practically speaking it should be obvious if patients are returning with cosmetically visible, to the plain eye changes in hair density.

I find it surprising that they would initiate a second Phase 2 without knowing even the possibility of success. However, they do seem to be money rich. They even have their own D.C. lobbyist. I am not sure if this is common for small biotechs or not.

Lobbyist Registration

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    Shouldn't they technically not know if it works or not if this is a double blind study? Neither the subject or investigator should know if they received SM04554 or placebo until conclusion.

Of course practically speaking it should be obvious if patients are returning with cosmetically visible, to the plain eye changes in hair density.

I find it surprising that they would initiate a second Phase 2 without knowing even the possibility of success. However, they do seem to be money rich. They even have their own D.C. lobbyist. I am not sure if this is common for small biotechs or not.

Lobbyist Registration
    I agree with you that technically they should not know for sure if the treatment works or not, but like you said it seems like they would be able to perceive if some patients are obviously growing hair. So yes, I do think that they probably know if their drug works or not. And *if* they do know that their drug does not work then it makes no sense at all that they would waste more money on the supplemental study that they just initiated.

American guys - has there been any news on 21st century cures act?

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    American guys - has there been any news on 21st century cures act?
    Will be voted on early next year. I read an article posted yesterday, where a group of senators and congressman tied closely to the bill, speaking to a group of people, saying that they "guarantee it will become law."

Thanks 2014. Could you post the article?

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Will be voted on early next year. I read an article posted yesterday, where a group of senators and congressman tied closely to the bill, speaking to a group of people, saying that they "guarantee it will become law."
    Why not just implement it now and stop wasting time?

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    Thanks 2014. Could you post the article?
    http://energycommerce.house.gov/icym...-hope%E2%80%9D