+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Loss since 18 Year old

Hey guys,

Hoping everyone is well. Just like every other person here i’ve few things to ask & would highly appreciate if someone can suggest me a good way in my depressing situation.

First of all. I was loosing hair when i was 16/17 from front area ( now i’m 22 ) . So at that point me & my dad never really researched much about the side effects of the hair transplant because a friend of my dad got a transplant and he suggested it as well. So we went to the best well known clinic to get the hair transplant done at that same age & then boom. My life changed in the worst way it could. I just had a 4 finger transplant from front hairline because those were the areas i was losing hair.

After my transplant i started noticing that the crown area of my head middle of my head the hair started to thin & gradually they all started to fall out. Now people say it wouldve been a shock loss etc but those hair never grew back. I have hair there but they are so thin you can barely notice them u only feel them when you touch them. Since being quiet young i lost all my confidence stopped doing activites & all & after that i had to get a hair replacement to regain the confidence.

Now my question is. The very very light hair i have on my crown can they grow back if i take minoxdil or propecia? Can something happen to it?. By light hair i mean its basically not long hair just like bald but when youre bald your scalp is all clean you cant feel any hair when you touch it but on mine you can feel the tiny hair on the scalp Moreover my side hair are slightly thin is there anyway to make them thicker?

Please do help. I’ve just done 6 sessions of PRP & never tried any meds or foam to help with it. This thing is just ruining my life. A lot of doctors have adviced me to take propecia

& YES . In our family no one has a history of hair loss this bad. Everyone has good hair

Get on propecia, it is very safe so not much to lose. Also rogaine would most likely help in the crown. Can you put up a picture? Sorry this happened to you...way too young for a transplant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF18CB76-3EBC-48E9-A06F-7B7D5FC4E02F.jpg

Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	59745

Can rogaine also help with the sides? I’m atleast hoping if i can get my sides thick i can get a long with a lot of hairstyles. I’ll be happy! This thing has turned my life 360 degree. I’m also planning to get some micro pigmentation so the hair looks a bit fuller. I’ve probably spent 10k $ till now

It doesn't work as well on the sides as it does on the crown but may slow things down. I would wait and see what happens with replicel and histogen...those may be available soon and you have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    It doesn't work as well on the sides as it does on the crown but may slow things down. I would wait and see what happens with replicel and histogen...those may be available soon and you have plenty of time.

I need a solution for now. I can’t wait because my career depends all on my looks. I can’t leave this issue like this therefore i need the best possible thing to use to get my sides thicker or maybe regrow the shockloss hair by propecia or any other medicine . Please suggest me something😭😭