+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    True, however, I'd guess just like with minoxidil there will be some patients that see ridiculous results every now and then. Man I'm excited to see their results posted. I hope this patent is as telling to bims future as it seems.
    Haha I hope to be one of those people. I thought that quote about concentration was very telling, indeed. The wording was interesting. First, they mentioned they know the right dose in regard to balancing effect and side-effect, THEN they mention that is was thought previously that lower concentrations would be sufficient. Like with any drug, a sweet spot has to be found. Also there's talk of improving delivery to the scalp with the vehicle in the patent.

Sadly the results listed are old, 0.3 bim against min, 3% vs 18% hairs count, i think at 3% will be much better then minox but is a speculation
    i found this aswell https://www.google.com/patents/US201...ed=0CDIQ6AEwAw

What if bim in long term damage the alredy shitty scalp fat?
    Can bim be dangerous for our eye if they make a lotion-like product at 3%? If we use bim, touch our hairs and then scratch an eye we will be ****ed if they use a 00000000000000% of bim to cure intraocular pressure

" A 37 year old Hispanic male suffering from male pattern baldness due to androgenetic alopecia applies the 0.2% w/w bimatoprost composition of Table 3 twice daily in areas where hair is noticeably thinning. After 63 days of application, increased growth of hair will be noticed as will be new hair growth as measured by high magnification at the slit lamp biomicroscope and by computer assisted image analysis. After satisfactory levels of hair growth are observed, the patient applies the 0.2% w/w bimatoprost composition only twice a week."
    That's pretty crazy, considering it's more than 10X less the concentration they are using now

Yeah, we will just have to wait and see.

It's really curious that they haven't released the results yet.

Yeah, we will just have to wait and see.

It's really curious that they haven't released the results yet.
    It's curious, but I don't think it's bad. I think it's just a question of their stock price. They're riding the wave of their good news and merger with Actavis. I read an article that states one of the reasons why this merger is so valuable to Actavis is not only because of Allergan's existing products, but also the "unique" drugs in the ophthamology and aesthetic pipeline.

Timing is important to them because they can systematically release news that improves their stock price. They're still riding that merger "wave" and when it runs out - release news about something else, to give it more momentum. Don't blow your wad all at once lol

Guys i'm confused, the old bim trial 0.03% is the phase2a? While the new 2-4% bim trial is the phase2b trial not released yet? So they used the people recruited in the summer 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    Guys i'm confused, the old bim trial 0.03% is the phase2a? While the new 2-4% bim trial is the phase2b trial not released yet? So they used the people recruited in the summer 2013?
    That sounds about right, but phase 2a was .3%, not .03%

Do you think they need to recruit people for phase 3? we have to wait at least 1 year then

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    Do you think they need to recruit people for phase 3? we have to wait at least 1 year then
    No, because their Chief Medical Officer had stated if they saw anything positive from a phase 2b they'd immediately gear up and jump in to a phase 3, shortening the time it would take to get to market.

Wait doesn't the phase 3 consist in a large number of people testing? Why do you think they will not recruit more people, i'm confused