Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

Dr. Lauster HM research

What does anyone know about Dr. Lauster and his hair multiplication research?
    • Oct 2011

Here is what Dr. Lauster and his team is trying to accomplish - in the laboratory ...

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3284944/

Microfollicle formation. SEM images taken from developing microfollicles. After adding keratinocytes and melanocytes to the culture medium a loosen attachment to the neopapilla is seen (A). Polarization of the early aggregate (B). Assembly, orientation and sheath formation (C); microfollicle with fiber production (D).

The ability to create an organoid, the smallest functional unit of an organ, in vitro across many human tissues and organs is the key to both efficient transplant generation and predictive preclinical testing regimes.

The hair follicle is an organoid that has been much studied based on its ability to grow quickly and to regenerate after trauma. Replacing hair lost due to pattern baldness or more severe alopecia, including that induced by chemotherapy, remains a significant unmet medical need. By carefully analyzing and recapitulating the growth and differentiation mechanisms of hair follicle formation, we recreated human hair follicles in tissue culture that were capable of producing a hair shaft and revealed a striking similarity to their in vivo counterparts.
    Extensive molecular and electron microscopy analysis were used to track the assembly of follicular keratinocytes, melanocytes and fibroblasts into the final hair shaft producing microfollicle architecture. The hair follicle generation process was optimized in terms of efficiency, reproducibility and compliance with regulatory requirements for later transplantation.

So, according to this, he is trying to produce lots of hair follicles (so called proto-hairs) IN THE LABORATORY (in vitro) for later TRANSPLANTATION onto bald skins - like normal hair transplants.

ADVANTAGES
    There is no need for lots of extractions of follicles from your occiput via FUE and/or FUT - just implantation of the in a lab cloned and multiplied hair follicles.

DISADVANTAGES
    A pretty expensive procedure - you can calculate at least 10-15 Dollar for 1 single (lab-cloned) hair follicle. Furthermore, the same problem as with normal hair transplants: You CAN'T place/implant too many follicles into the recipient area all at once (you have to make lots of small slits or holes where they can implant 1-3 follicles into 1 slit), because this would be too risky (necrosis etc etc). So, a norwood 6 or 7 candidate, would still need multiple (rather expensive) implantation procedures - once they are indeed able to produce working proto-hairs/follicles in the lab, ready for transplantation.
    Attached Files

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 534623
      Here is what Dr. Lauster and his team is trying to accomplish - in the laboratory ...

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3284944/

Microfollicle formation. SEM images taken from developing microfollicles. After adding keratinocytes and melanocytes to the culture medium a loosen attachment to the neopapilla is seen (A). Polarization of the early aggregate (B). Assembly, orientation and sheath formation (C); microfollicle with fiber production (D).

The ability to create an organoid, the smallest functional unit of an organ, in vitro across many human tissues and organs is the key to both efficient transplant generation and predictive preclinical testing regimes.

The hair follicle is an organoid that has been much studied based on its ability to grow quickly and to regenerate after trauma. Replacing hair lost due to pattern baldness or more severe alopecia, including that induced by chemotherapy, remains a significant unmet medical need. By carefully analyzing and recapitulating the growth and differentiation mechanisms of hair follicle formation, we recreated human hair follicles in tissue culture that were capable of producing a hair shaft and revealed a striking similarity to their in vivo counterparts.
      Extensive molecular and electron microscopy analysis were used to track the assembly of follicular keratinocytes, melanocytes and fibroblasts into the final hair shaft producing microfollicle architecture. The hair follicle generation process was optimized in terms of efficiency, reproducibility and compliance with regulatory requirements for later transplantation.

So, according to this, he is trying to produce lots of hair follicles (so called proto-hairs) IN THE LABORATORY (in vitro) for later TRANSPLANTATION onto bald skins - like normal hair transplants.

ADVANTAGES
      There is no need for lots of extractions of follicles from your occiput via FUE and/or FUT - just implantation of the in a lab cloned and multiplied hair follicles.

DISADVANTAGES
      A pretty expensive procedure - you can calculate at least 10-15 Dollar for 1 single (lab-cloned) hair follicle. Furthermore, the same problem as with normal hair transplants: You CAN'T place/implant too many follicles into the recipient area all at once (you have to make lots of small slits or holes where they can implant 1-3 follicles into 1 slit), because this would be too risky (necrosis etc etc). So, a norwood 6 or 7 candidate, would still need multiple (rather expensive) implantation procedures - once they are indeed able to produce working proto-hairs/follicles in the lab, ready for transplantation.

Wow that would sure be a game changer....is there any estimated time line on this or is it something that is a long shot to even come out?

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        Wow that would sure be a game changer....is there any estimated time line on this or is it something that is a long shot to even come out?
        Attached Files

Comment

• didi
          • Nov 2011

dr nigam is offering HM for FREE to all forum members, you have 50% chance of getting 'excellent' results.

dr nigam n dr lauster are going to meet later this month..be tuned

Comment

• Boldy
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by didi
            dr nigam is offering HM for FREE to all forum members, you have 50% chance of getting 'excellent' results.

dr nigam n dr lauster are going to meet later this month..be tuned
            for free? source?

Comment

• didi
              • Nov 2011

source is dr nigam,

its free to forum members who registered before him, i think you are too late

but if you interested im sure dr nigam will cure you for free, he seems to be inventing new stuff on a daily basis

Comment

• Boldy
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by didi
                source is dr nigam,

its free to forum members who registered before him, i think you are too late

but if you interested im sure dr nigam will cure you for free, he seems to be inventing new stuff on daily basis
                Okay, I will make sure first his DP culture method meets my "requirements"

Comment

• bananana
                  Inactive
                  • Feb 2012

Hm, this lauster method will cost roughly $200k for a NW 6. That is well... Beyond almost anyones budget. Plus, it will take at least 3 sessions.
                  Plus it will be available in probably 10 years.

It's under my radar for sure. Who knows what breakthroughs will happen in the next decade. (remind me of this sentence in 2023)

I personally believe aderans and histogen are the way to go here, especially when they come to the version 3.0 (now they're at 0.8 beta )

Comment

• Boldy
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by bananana
                    Hm, this lauster method will cost roughly $200k for a NW 6. That is well... Beyond almost anyones budget. Plus, it will take at least 3 sessions.
                    Plus it will be available in probably 10 years.

It's under my radar for sure. Who knows what breakthroughs will happen in the next decade. (remind me of this sentence in 2023)

I personally believe aderans and histogen are the way to go here, especially when they come to the version 3.0 (now they're at 0.8 beta )
                    0.8 beta, funny, but true

Comment

• Desmond84
                      • Oct 2012

LOL if it took them 11 years to get to version 0.8 we're in trouble

Comment

• Boldy
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Desmond84
                        LOL if it took them 11 years to get to version 0.8 we're in trouble
                        version 1.0 would be already marketable .. with other words after phase 3 trials. based on the current development.

btw i have never looked that deeply into histogen, they seem to inject growth factors, follistatin, wnt proteins, 0% tgf-b, etc. which means they make use of the current androgen sensitive dermal papilla cells.... these results can't last for ever in contrast with dp culture what aderans is doing.

correct me if I'm wrong. I will look at their patents after this weekend.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                          • Dec 2012

There is no way it will cost $200k they will have to make it marketable to the general public, and they will make more money selling it to more people for less. I would guess it will cost more than a regular HT today, but not anything excessive. One NW 6 could get a regular HT and then fill in density and crown with this method for cheaper...and I'm sure BHT will be a good use for density in the future as well as there are many people obtaining great results today with BHT

Comment

• neversaynever
                            • Dec 2011

There is no indication officially yet that lauster is proceeding with trials, though Nigam might be part of that. Nothing confirmed at all.

Comment

• Duke
                              • Nov 2011

This Video shows some of Dr. Lausters work

but its kinda old (2011)

Scientists in Berlin have used human adult stem cells to develop hair follicles, from which hair then grows naturally. The treatment provides new hope for pe...

Comment

Working...