+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Aderans News Update.... tells us nothing

Strange September Press Release on the Aderans site:

http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_ournews.html

I have a good feel about these guys. The August update talks about the 100M + recent investment. Somebody investing 100M is going to do some pretty full on due dilligence before writing that check... Or it might be the last one they ever get to write :P

That financial backing definitely makes me wonder if I was wrong to doubt them as much as I have in the past. Perhaps they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, or perhaps Replicel's presence has forced them to push harder considering the similarity in their approaches.

The fact that the head of this project is balding himself, and the fact that he is considering it to be a problem of such magnitude that he has resorted to both medical and surgical treatments to deal with it, should calm all the people who constantly bitch about the lack of hairless scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    That financial backing definitely makes me wonder if I was wrong to doubt them as much as I have in the past. Perhaps they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, or perhaps Replicel's presence has forced them to push harder considering the similarity in their approaches.

The fact that the head of this project is balding himself, and the fact that he is considering it to be a problem of such magnitude that he has resorted to both medical and surgical treatments to deal with it, should calm all the people who constantly bitch about the lack of hairless scientists.
    I don't know why but you just reminded me of this....

Patrick Stewart once said in an interview on Michael Parkinson’s TV program that a reporter talked to Roddenberry about the choice of Stewart for the captain’s role; the reporter said, “Look, it doesn’t make sense. You got a bald actor playing this part. Surely, by the 24th century, they have found the cure for baldness.” Roddenberry replied, “By the 24th century, no one will care.”

Inactive

I really dont know what to say except, its good to have competitors like Replicel, Berlin Tech and Gho because those things make them drive faster instead of toying around.

Well no wonder why rassmann is sselling tattoos, he has no interest in learning something new when this NEW technique is obsolote pretty soon.

As a reminder, think back 10 years, what did people have back then? Right nothing

I am getting sceptical about these new treatments.
    Don't get me wrong guys. I would love for all of you to badger me one day on this forum with: "I told you so". And then shove it in my face constantly. Because we all win.

However Aderans has been at this the longest and they haven't shown us anything yet.
    I truly hope I am wrong.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    “Look, it doesn’t make sense. You got a bald actor playing this part. Surely, by the 24th century, they have found the cure for baldness.” Roddenberry replied, “By the 24th century, no one will care.”
    If no one was going to care about hair in the 24th century, then why did Roddenberry have Marina Sirtis and Gates McFadden wearing hairpieces for the series?

Because it aired during the 20th century

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    I really dont know what to say except, its good to have competitors like Replicel, Berlin Tech and Gho because those things make them drive faster instead of toying around.

Well no wonder why rassmann is sselling tattoos, he has no interest in learning something new when this NEW technique is obsolote pretty soon.

As a reminder, think back 10 years, what did people have back then? Right nothing
    I can only remember back 5 years and even then there wasn't really anything like Histogen Aderans or Replicell. Just sci fi talk on the HT wikipedia article.

Maybe aderans has been around for longer... but considering they just got another 100M in funding they must have some results worth showing.

Heck even if it's only as effective as Propecia then they will have a client in me!!

Exciting! Sounds like their on to something.