Closed Thread
Page 59 of 187 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. None. Zilch. Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    They are trying to go to market in the next few months and it would be disastrous to not be prepared to sell at scale. They aren't trying to be a boutique offering.
    LOL - they're trying to go to market? They don't even know if this will grow a single hair on a head.
    Last edited by Winston; 03-27-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Devon, thanks for checking in again and taking the time to respond. I'm sure you have more pressing matters. Please don't think that we are all moaning minnie's here. The majority of us are extremely excited by this and you have a lot of support here on this forum. You shouldn't be ridiculed for trying to help others and succeed at something. You certainly aren't stepping on anyone's toes and your passion and commitment is admirable. I apologise for the barrage of negativity you have received. I'd just like to say thanks for your efforts whether they are successful or not. Most of us are rooting for Follicept and can't wait to see what comes of it.

P.S. Maybe we should send Swoop off to Hawaii sounds like he needs to chill out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Devon, thanks for checking in again and taking the time to respond. I'm sure you have more pressing matters. Please don't think that we are all moaning minnie's here. The majority of us are extremely excited by this and you have a lot of support here on this forum. You shouldn't be ridiculed for trying to help others and succeed at something. You certainly aren't stepping on anyone's toes and your passion and commitment is admirable. I apologise for the barrage of negativity you have received. I'd just like to say thanks for your efforts whether they are successful or not. Most of us are rooting for Follicept and can't wait to see what comes of it.

P.S. Maybe we should send Swoop off to Hawaii sounds like he needs to chill out a bit.
    I'm chilled as hell brah. I know this is going to fail. Worked as a clairvoyant. I'll take bets from everyone with 1:2 odds (with an escrow) that this isn't going to outperform minoxidil, to make this even more amusing. Open to any proposal, come on guys. Anyway hope Devon doesn't disregard my stability question. Having ordered cytokines & growth factors myself I know that they ain't that stable. They come shipped in cold ice and as lyophilized powder ready for reconstitution.

Jeez, you're serious and all. I'd take you on for a laugh but I'm no longer a betting man. Sure, it may fail but Follicept have held their hands up and said as much. It's not like they're on here shoving their product down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    Swooping reminds me of IronMan lol.... maybe its ironman with a new name lol.

anyway, you do raise a good question, but you present the question in the most annoying douchiest way possible. I am sure the scientist over at Follicept have already thought through what you are talking about.
    I presume they're alleviating this issue with similar technology built into their "Heatwave" patch (http://www.prometheonpharma.com/technology/). I'm not saying the solution resides in a "patch," but possibly within some sort of packaging for each daily administration of the IGF-1. Not a doctor or scientist though, couldn't tell ya.

Though I agree with stayhopeful that they've most likely thought about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Devon, I never questioned your integrity by the way. I do think you are a honest person. To me you are just a dreamer though that's all. If you have a business degree or are entrepreneurial grounded you should know best of all that results count in the real world not loose talking. You can expect to be ridiculed upon in the until you prove yourself. Your time to prove it now, simple as that.

Now a valid question;

How are you going to cope with the stability of IGF-1? Mecasermin (INCRELEX) is also IGF-1 produced by recombinant DNA technology from e.coli (most likely same thing as you guys will be getting) but must be refrigerated upon and after opening the vials it isn't stable for too long (oxidation etc). I quote;

Mind you that this is a sterile solution with a preservative and specially packed. Please elaborate how you guys are going to cope with this and if you guys are going to do stability tests. Repeated opening with no refrigeration is going to be possibly highly detrimental to the stability of IGF-1.
    If you say so. Not sure why I should expect to be ridiculed, and even less sure why you feel you should take it upon yourself. Awaiting a more intelligent response from our science team but this is yet another way that transdermal (at least ours) is better than injection. Our formulation is solid at room temperature, and a gel at skin temperature. The active ingredient is locked in a very stable solid matrix at room temperature. Turns out that the ingredients that help with this aspect have secondary and tertiary properties that are allowing the large molecules across. Also, Follicept will be in single use doses so you are not endangering the overall dose. Stand by for a more detailed answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post
    All producers are "scalable". How do you think they make their money, selling small aliquots of product? No, they're in the business of mass production. Finding a supplier is going to be one of the easiest steps they have to go through in the entire process. If it causes them a great deal of difficulty then it doesn't bode well for them bringing this to market, IF it works.

Furthermore, at this point they don't have to worry about being scalable. They first need to worry about having a product that actually grows hair and doesn't have negative cosmetic effects. They don't need a huge supply to conduct a small human trial. So, lets go! Put that stuff on your head and start shooting high def video and lets see what happens. If you demonstrate growth, then it's time to start worrying about scaling up. Until then, you're just putting the cart before the horse. There is no reason follicept shouldn't be able to start putting this on his head in a very short amount of time. Certainly they have product in their lab. And I'm looking through a Sigma catalog right now and IGF is available for purchase.
    So wrong in so many ways. Not all are scalable. You are right that we need to make sure it works first and that's why we are frustrated. Plenty of companies make IGF-1, but not for human use- only research/animal use. We don't have any in the lab, or we would have started a long time ago. The only company that makes it for human use has a very limited supply (until their new plant comes online in 2017), and has very strict policies/procedures in place to get a vial of the product. That's what we are having trouble with. We just want 1 vial to test, and then other companies have capability but do not actively produce it. An early indiegogo sale/ other investors would raise funds to start that production at scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    My god, I don't know how Devon is able to handle responding to more than two or three follow ups. First, not all producers are "scalable". Many, in fact, are not. Second, finding a producer is extremely difficult - you need a company that can offer competitive pricing at scale. These are for profit businesses, not researchers.

And at this point, THEY DO have to worry about scaling. They are trying to go to market in the next few months and it would be disastrous to not be prepared to sell at scale. They aren't trying to be a boutique offering.
    Haha it does get tough. Correct on all points.

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post
    You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. None. Zilch. Nada.
    Sorry, but he is very right.