+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

I would suspect they could not find enough participants at their existing sites and/or would rather open a new site than wait for new recruits.

These guys must have some deep pockets either way.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    I would suspect they could not find enough participants at their existing sites and/or would rather open a new site than wait for new recruits.

thats exactly what i think. finding 300 participants isnt easy at all.

but is good news they are recruiting and like you said shows how well they are financially speaking

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    It doesn't outright say that outright (and it never will), but with enough digging, it can be determined with the records on clinicaltrials.gov.

1. Their trial started in Nov with 300 participants (about the maximum for a phase 2). 2. According to this record, they added recruitment locations, and began recruiting for more patients in Feb and March (4 & 5 months after phase 2 began, which would be long enough to determine whether or not the medication was working). Here's the record, it tells of updates and such: https://clinicaltrials.gov/archive/NCT02275351. 3. Phase 3's are larger than phase 2 with up to thousands of patients. 4. Their clinical trial page, was last updated at the end of march, so their recruitment status is valid. Why else would they be recruiting at 25 locations at this point in the trial unless they intended to go to phase 3?

I don't give a crap about things like follicept, that's like crack to someone on a hair loss forum, but I doubt it will work. Check out scientific journals related to the WNT pathway and hair growth, it tells A LOT.
    I think you can not make those conclusions just yet. If you check this thread 2 posters said they were starting with the trials in December. But one poster came forward at the end of January saying that he will start with trials soon. Meaning they were still recruiting for Phase 2 in February.

I would really like to see Phase 2 results as soon as possible. I mean I am waiting for Phase 2 results for Sm, CB and Bim. The sooner they get here the sooner we can move on if they don't work or get hyped up if they do.
    Of course all that said if you are right then I will be happy and you can spam: "I TOLD YOU SO" as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I think you can not make those conclusions just yet. If you check this thread 2 posters said they were starting with the trials in December. But one poster came forward at the end of January saying that he will start with trials soon. Meaning they were still recruiting for Phase 2 in February.

I would really like to see Phase 2 results as soon as possible. I mean I am waiting for Phase 2 results for Sm, CB and Bim. The sooner they get here the sooner we can move on if they don't work or get hyped up if they do.
    Of course all that said if you are right then I will be happy and you can spam: "I TOLD YOU SO" as much as you want.

Well, in regards to trial start dates, I'd rather go by what's on the clinical trials register (November), than what somebody says on the forum. My thoughts that they are recruiting for phase 3 come solely from what has been posted by Samumed. It can't be said for sure, but given how far along they are in their trial and that they are recruiting and added recruitments sites says something. The trial is over in September, and for a hair loss trial, approx 6 months is needed so hair can cycle. It would be quite disorganized, unprofessional, and unprepared of them to be recruiting for the same trial they are conducting while time is running out. I just don't see it. You need enough time for an effect to be seen, and then give yourself enough time to collect that data. According to clinicaltrials.gov, the primary outcome measure, and study completion are both in Sept., meaning everything with phase 2 will be done by then.

In the meantime, I will taper the conclusions of my posts. I don't want to give anyone false hope, but I just personally like what I see. Believe me, I've read a tremendous amount about how clinical trials work, and the drugs that are being investigated for hair loss. I pay a lot of attention to this one because WNT pathway activity is directly related to hair cycling. When there is high WNT activity, it means the hair is in anagen.

Lol I have no interest in telling anyone "I TOLD YOU SO," I just want something that has less sides, and more effective than what we have now. I also want people to be optimistic and happy. I think the science and current status of this drug are very encouraging, which is why I post.

Default bio

Hello mates,

Who tried 6 bio? I read it's more potent

This article speaks about embryo cells
    http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0031502

It maintain embryo stemcells ? Aren't embryo stemcells similar to hair cells ?

Dr costs speak allot about wnt I guess it's key player in hairlosss

No wnt amino acids equals hair

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post

They definitely started the trial, just probably wanted to add more people that would finish at a later date.

I was invited to join the trial back in Feb, but obviously wasn't eligible due to FIN, which I imagine would eliminate alot of people who would have knowledge of it.

I find it really hard to believe that they would be recruiting for a phase they're already in. What if you can't find participants in time, get them through months of treatment, enough so that all data can be measured in the end? It's quite risky to be recruiting while time is ticking, and millions of dollars are at stake. It would make a lot more sense to have all of your participants enrolled before the trial, so there aren't any issues like this.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    I find it really hard to believe that they would be recruiting for a phase they're already in. What if you can't find participants in time, get them through months of treatment, enough so that all data can be measured in the end? It's quite risky to be recruiting while time is ticking, and millions of dollars are at stake. It would make a lot more sense to have all of your participants enrolled before the trial, so there aren't any issues like this.
    It's not that crazy

They may have started the trial completely in January, but with say 200-250 participants, and just added in the remaining the in the next two months, who will get slightly less time.

If I'm a company starting a trial, I'm not going to wait the extra 1-2 months for the remaining 50 or so participants to come in, I'll just go forward with the 200 or so and use the rest as extra data.

The same thing was happening with the CB trial as well, people claimed that had begun participating in that trial while it was still recruiting(i was invited to that one as well, it was the same clinic in minnesota as this one).

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    It's not that crazy

They may have started the trial completely in January, but with say 200-250 participants, and just added in the remaining the in the next two months, who will get slightly less time.

If I'm a company starting a trial, I'm not going to wait the extra 1-2 months for the remaining 50 or so participants to come in, I'll just go forward with the 200 or so and use the rest as extra data.

The same thing was happening with the CB trial as well, people claimed that had begun participating in that trial while it was still recruiting(i was invited to that one as well, it was the same clinic in minnesota as this one).
    Well, they're still recruiting with 5 months to go...cutting it kind close, no? I might email a site to find out if they're still recruiting for phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Hello mates,

Who tried 6 bio? I read it's more potent

This article speaks about embryo cells
    http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0031502

It maintain embryo stemcells ? Aren't embryo stemcells similar to hair cells ?

Dr costs speak allot about wnt I guess it's key player in hairlosss

No wnt amino acids equals hair

Not tried bu you can buy it at Kane !