+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Are Women Your Motivation To Get Your Hair Back?

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing this information. I think you’re exactly right about Are Women Your Motivation To Get Your Hair Back?

Also, have any of you ever tried online dating? Is it harder because you get judged on your picture first?

Yes. And probably. But I'm on eharmony atm and have an almost overwhelming number of people I'm talking to. Probably 15-20 at the e-mail stage and about 20-25 more at other stages. Some of these people are very attractive and, since they're matched to your education/etc, aren't gold digging. I don't even bother sending initial contacts any more because I have too many people to keep track of.

I'm in my 30s and probably a NW4, way big forehead. I did not use flattering pictures either. I think a lot of it depends on your sense of humor or personality or whatever, however you set up your profile and talk to people. Honestly I'd recommend online dating to guys here. You'd be surprised how many girls are interested in guys who are obviously balding.

Bit of a relief. I still think I look like crap and am going down hill, but . . . I will kill myself at another time.

Thanks,
    Michel
    oil and gas investing

I'm in my 30s and probably a NW4, way big forehead.
    Are any of the women contacting you below the age of 25? Just wondering because I think that women younger than 25 tend to put more emphasis on looks than women who are older.

I have no woman in my life and dont date, yet I'd die to keep my hair. Of course most of us want hair to attract women, it's natural, but I don't think it's the only reason why we want hair. I personally want my hair even if there were no women left on the planet. Like I said, I just don't think having a bald spot on top of your hair is natural. If you look at other types of alopecia where people have small bald spots in random places on their heads you'll see how unnatural and disturbing that looks. It's only that MPB is so common and all around us that we kinda grow accustomed to accepting it, even though it looks worse than having just a small bald spot on your head. Now, if I were born bald and never had any hair EVER it would be a totally different thing. I' probably wouldn't give a damn about having hair because I wouldn't even know what it felt like to have it. But to have hair for more than half of your life and then lose it, that's ****ed up. For me it's just like losing any other part of your body, period. If someone doesn't see it this way, then good for them. But like I always say, don't expect every body to react the same way to the same problem because they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by larryfine View Post
    I've got the same problem. I'm the only one in my group of friends who is losing his hair. They usually don't say anything about it but I know they're thinking it.

And shit like this doesn't help either: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle...d-of-hair.html

I'd like to do that too. But I can't because my head isn't the right shape.

I know what you mean. It's annoying when you're talking to someone and you catch their eyes drifting north to your hairline. I know they can't help it but it sucks.

No, it for me

For me it's just like losing any other part of your body, period.
    Agreed. Actually, I think I'd rather give up an arm or a leg than my hair. Still, I'd like to have my confidence back that I lost when I lost my hair. The main reason is I have no confidence with women.

Quote Originally Posted by larryfine View Post
    Agreed. Actually, I think I'd rather give up an arm or a leg than my hair. Still, I'd like to have my confidence back that I lost when I lost my hair. The main reason is I have no confidence with women.
    Being bald is like losing a part of your body, Who wants to look ten years older than he is now ?
    But come on, not an arm or a leg. How would you F a woman ? Ask a disabled guy how popular he is !

As far as I am concerned, of course I do that for other people in particular women . I have dated many women and I heard many of them bitching about bald guys. I remember one day , I was in a club with my friend and one bald guy tried to chat her up , she just looked at him and said :Sorry, Im not single.
    Right after that, she said to me : "look at him, that is gross he has no hair, why doesn't he take care of himself??" Many girls know nothing about balding, hence they think those guys are just dirty.

Hair brings confidence! Just look at magazines or commercials , none of them contains one picture of a bald guy!
    Implicitly, they say to girls : If you are not like that, you are just gross .

I am losing my hair but my hair density is still high as long as my hair is a bit long. I did the following experience( not on purpose) : for a few months, I shaved my hair and one could notice the alopecia! I got many remarks such as : "shit you are becoming old" or "Are you sick ?" . How can you be confident after hearing that? After 3 months, I could date only one girl.

When my hair became longer, combined with Toppik or Nanogen, girls chased me .

Scorpion

Yes, definitely. All of my efforts to improve looks because I have never had a girlfriend and want to date an attractive girl. Attractive girls want attractive guys unfortunately.

If you wanna get an attractive girl for a long term relationship, you must impress her. Either you are lucky, you ve found an attractive girl who doesn't care about the appearance ,or become rich and you ll buy this b***h.

Now, if you just want to do an attractive girl, you have to lie to yourself, change your style, many attractive girls like douchebags. I know you better kill yourself than doing that, but trust me it is worth doing it ! Shave your hair, wear a stupid hat, very fashionable glasses and give up your pride.

When I shaved my hair, I was wearing a beret, wayfarer and I carried a camera, I pretended I was a photographer , I could not recognize myself. I downloaded some fashion pictures and I pretended it was work .
    Finally I could date one attractive girl and I didnt pay attention to the other non-attractive ones.

Scorpion

Yeah, or just be good looking. Which what I'm trying to do for the last 3 years. Too bad it is still not enough and I keep getting rejected. I already know that I won't be getting anything in this year because of braces, but I at least hope that when I have good teeth I will have MPB in control as well, so that maybe will improve my chances.

In terms of douchebags - girls like them when they are attractive guys only.

I would better be dead than with shaved hair (seriously) because it will make me much more uglier. I am, unfortunately, gifted with abnormally large head and forehead which make me look really ugly. I cover it with bangs now, but hair loss will not let me do this forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by BientotChauve View Post
    If you wanna get an attractive girl for a long term relationship, you must impress her. Either you are lucky, you ve found an attractive girl who doesn't care about the appearance ,or become rich and you ll buy this b***h.

Now, if you just want to do an attractive girl, you have to lie to yourself, change your style, many attractive girls like douchebags. I know you better kill yourself than doing that, but trust me it is worth doing it ! Shave your hair, wear a stupid hat, very fashionable glasses and give up your pride.

When I shaved my hair, I was wearing a beret and a camera, I pretended I was a photographer , I could recognize myself. I downloaded some fashion pictures and I pretended it was work .
    Finally I could date one attractive girl and I didnt pay attention to the other non-attractive ones.