+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Need some help - new at this. Saw Palmetto/Fin question.

Hey guys, I'm in the fight with you on MPB, about to be 25 years old and would prefer to not be bald at 30. I didn't want to jump into Fin or Dut, after reading about side effects (which, I know, are rare, but I'm just being cautious before making the plunge), so I decided to give Saw Palmetto a try. Actually worked fantastic on my hair, never noticed anymore shedding and reduced my skin oil on my face to almost zero (and I'm an extremely oily person, my girlfriend complains about me turning our pillows yellow). However, after about a month and some change of using it, I developed side effects that are pretty much identical to fin sides, low libido, weak erections, brain fog, slightly blurred vision etc. I feel like these are getting better slowly (I've been cold turkey on SawP for 2 weeks now) and I hear it can take up to a month for 5AR to get back to normal so I am hoping these will go away.

Basically, is there any other alternative I can try? Given that Saw P did this to me (which I thought was absolutely unbelievable, but I can attest it does happen), I'm pretty much assuming that Fin/Dut are out of the question. Also, if anyone has any good word on how long to expect for some of these sides to go away, I'd appreciate that to. This isn't a post to scare people away from stuff by any means, just trying to get some help on a topic from people who are far more experienced on it than I am.

Thanks in advance for any help!

do you want hair or not?

if you do then get on fin 1mg/day. end of discussion.

stop overdosing on things like saw palmetto and take something that will actually help you. yes you will get side effects, that's the ENTIRE POINT because it reduces your DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub8large View Post
    do you want hair or not?

if you do then get on fin 1mg/day. end of discussion.

stop overdosing on things like saw palmetto and take something that will actually help you. yes you will get side effects, that's the ENTIRE POINT because it reduces your DHT.
    I don't mind side effects as long as they are not persistent. Considering my Saw palmetto sides haven't even gone away after two weeks yet I'm very hesitant to try something stronger. Wasn't trying to hate on fin or go against it, sorry if I made you upset there.

If you compare the two things it just makes a lot more sense to use fin instead. With fin you know it works vs guessing if saw palmetto is working. Does fin have sides? Yes because it actually works. If SP is working though its just your choice. Fin is probably a lot stronger, and of course then potentially more dangerous. Still pretty safe though

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    If you compare the two things it just makes a lot more sense to use fin instead. With fin you know it works vs guessing if saw palmetto is working. Does fin have sides? Yes because it actually works. If SP is working though its just your choice. Fin is probably a lot stronger, and of course then potentially more dangerous. Still pretty safe though
    Hey thanks for replying! Sorry I may have hijacked that other thread asking you to reply before you did.....when you had SP sides were they pretty bad? I'm done with SP just hoping to get back to normal soon to decide my next step on treating this pain in my rear end.

Saw P did the same to me, I didn't know the side effects were possible until...ahem!...don't worry bud! exercise and eat right and your body will sort itself.

Quote Originally Posted by potato1987 View Post
    Saw P did the same to me, I didn't know the side effects were possible until...ahem!...don't worry bud! exercise and eat right and your body will sort itself.
    Yeah man - it was crazy. Feel like a totally different person. Thanks for the response by the way, it's nice to know I'm not crazy. How long did you take to right the ship?

perhaps 5-6 weeks! more than welcome, natural doesn't mean harmless always, look at St Johns wart and sun for instance!

Quote Originally Posted by potato1987 View Post
    perhaps 5-6 weeks! more than welcome, natural doesn't mean harmless always, look at St Johns wart and sun for instance!
    You're not kidding - this is the worst experience I've had with side effects from any drug or supplement. I'm still looking for something to help with MPB if I can, but I definitely will not be using anything related to this or fin/dut ever again. I'm glad you said 5-6 weeks because I was beginning to think since it's been two that I might be in trouble.....seems like some of the side effects are slowly waning but not sure if for certain. The blurry vision and brain fog may be the worst part of all of it.

Just a quick update: Oily skin is starting to return, blurry vision appears to be doing better, and of course, I'm starting to lose hairs in the shower again......so that's definitely a sign it was doing something for me. Does anyone have any topical suggestions to keep myself from losing all my hair while I'm letting my system get back to normal? Or would all cause or effect the sides?