+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Many guys would tell you not to take fin until you are 20. But your bravery will pay off

Waiting 3 years can be the difference between NW2 & NW3a-4. Somewhere else in the world is a 17 yo NW2 who decided to wait til 20....his college years are basically ruined & he does not even know it yet
    TBH a lot of guys have slow hairloss, I think people get so hysterical.

I am confident histogen HSC will be out by 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post

Unfortunately people who start losing in their teens tend to have aggressive mpb & can not afford to wait and see. He is doing the smart thing.

Also will we not still need DHT meds with HSC? I do not keep up with future treatments anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Unfortunately people who start losing in their teens tend to have aggressive mpb & can not afford to wait and see. He is doing the smart thing.

Also will we not still need DHT meds with HSC? I do not keep up with future treatments anymore
    Yeah Teens lose it quick, talking about those in their 20s.

HSC has got new funding from a company looking to expand into the bio tech sector.

The man speaks the truth. God I wish I was 20 again

I had such a great head of hair. I am sure we all did.

In my defense, there was no dut or fin in 1986. By the time fin was approved in 1997 , I was already 31 and most of my hairloss had occurred.

Taking a Dut or Fin tablet every day is a hell of a lot easier than getting transplants and concealers.

I am very fortunate I was only a NW 3 when I finally got off my arse and did something about it. My advice for every young man who starts to lose their hair at 18 , get onto the meds and hope you are not one of the few who get side effects.

Well it is interesting much like you Fin was not available in generic form for a quite a while in the nineties it could only be gotten by prescription and my dermatologist I was seeing refused to do so. Rogaine was 60 dollars a pop for a 1 percent to 2 percent solution. Dutasteride did not exist so the large amount of my MP6 occurred from 1993- to the present and so of that time only by 2011 nearly eighteen years was I able to get on keto, Minoxidil foam and Propecia and then made the jump to Dutasteride in the following year and now it is slowly reversing out the MPB. My crown and vertex were peach fuzz and now darkened hair.. the length of time you were a Norwood whatever the scale seems to be a factor but then it also seeme to be responsiveness to the androgen receptors underneath the hair follicle roots and how bady the hair was impacted during that time.

My regimen as of today which is aggressive.

Dermaroller 1.5mm
    two to three times a week
    per application of Minoxidil foam 5%

T-Sal Salicylic Acid which strips off the sebum and dirt and oil.
    Ketoconazole 2% attacks the DHT in the scalp

Biotin 2500mg pills two a day

Dutasteride 0.5 mg one a day

dude dont dermaroll with 1.5mm that often it will do more harm then good.

stick to once ever 1-2 weeks and if u want roll with 0.5mm for appliction of minoxidil

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post

Wait. I get it, it's a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Taking a Dut or Fin tablet every day is a hell of a lot easier than getting transplants and concealers.
    But it's a lot safer to go with HT and concealers. I mean maybe that's just my opinion because I'm gyno prone and all. But anyway, if I had ever taken fin or dut, I wouldn't be able to think about it. How can you live a normal life knowing that maybe one day your penis might stop working or that your boobs might get bigger?! Messing with your hormones is not safe, not matter what is written on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    But it's a lot safer to go with HT and concealers. I mean maybe that's just my opinion because I'm gyno prone and all. But anyway, if I had ever taken fin or dut, I wouldn't be able to think about it. How can you live a normal life knowing that maybe one day your penis might stop working or that your boobs might get bigger?! Messing with your hormones is not safe, not matter what is written on the forums.
    I think regretting never at least trying fin/dut would be insufferable, as time goes on at the Norwood scale climbs. To each their own, of course.

I haven't even seen profound results and I'm still elated that I'm already 8 months dedicated (barring a 1 week break) and going strong. Instead of fretting the prospect of sides, I did my best to find resolve in taking action.

Will it pay off in the end? We'll see. Can't not fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I think regretting never at least trying fin/dut would be insufferable, as time goes on at the Norwood scale climbs. To each their own, of course.

I haven't even seen profound results and I'm still elated that I'm already 8 months dedicated (barring a 1 week break) and going strong. Instead of fretting the prospect of sides, I did my best to find resolve in taking action.

Will it pay off in the end? We'll see. Can't not fight though.
    Agreed and even more so the following a hair transplant people who have been successful have seen hair loss start over again. You know why ? The active biochemistry causing baldness clicked on by the genetic triggers in your chromosomes to activate after a certain age/ diet/ stress etcetera is still ongoing so you get a FUE or whatever. You spent thousands of dollars to reset the clock another 10 or 15 years max and then return to being bald unless you are taking Minoxidil, Finasteride, Dutasteride something internal to block the process utterly and reset it closing off the detrimental effect then you will always suffer from MPB. MPB is an internal hormonal irregularity that impacts men and women who hairlines androgen receptors are programmed with sensitivity given the commands to fallout and miniaturize and fall back. Taking nothing internally out of fear while having none of the side effects whatsoever or fear of what it might do to you sexually is unwarranted and it is that reluctance that will cause more time to pass while more of your hair falls out and the Norwood scale advances on you.