Do NOT Have a Hair Transplant!!! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do NOT Have a Hair Transplant!!!

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm starting a new series on my Youtube channel to focus on hair loss and hair transplant education.

Class has started! This is episode #001

Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Hey Joe. I was wondering if you could shed some light on how to minimize these risks you mention. I have been consulting with Dr. Rahal for a FUE procedure. I am on the younger age spectrum (27 years old), but my loss isn't too bad. I have been recommended 1500 grafts.

Your Dr is an idiot. Your hair is fine.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pafc66 View Post
    Why do you say that?

that is a great question at the end of video first of all I don't think doctors should be transplanting hair on most patients under the age of 40 most people 40 or older are looking for a conservative approach and at 50 I'm sure they think even more conservative when a doctor wants to transplant 5000 grafts in one session that's scary! to much trauma, a good doctor will work with you to make a plan. small procedures over a period of 5 to 10 years sounds like less trauma no need to hurry as long you achieve your goal at the end. its surgery test the water before you jump in it and wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JSmyth View Post
    Hey Joe. I was wondering if you could shed some light on how to minimize these risks you mention. I have been consulting with Dr. Rahal for a FUE procedure. I am on the younger age spectrum (27 years old), but my loss isn't too bad. I have been recommended 1500 grafts.
    Minimizing risk involves some of the following considerations.

1. Don't go just by photos and video. Do everything you can to meet patients face to face. This could require travel but a couple of days and the cost of a plane ticket and hotel is well worth the investment and is peanuts next to the cost of a surgery.

2. Make sure the doctor has a reputation worth considering. This is obvious but you still owe it to yourself to dig deep.

3. Consider what you will do if you are unhappy with the result for any reason. Will you be content trying to "fix" whatever the potential problem may be or will you accept the chance of dissatisfaction and move on? Are you even sure you want to fix something that you just said isn't a big deal to begin with? Is it worth the risk to you?

These are but a few of the questions that anyone should be asking themselves before a procedure. What may seem to be a minor problem to fix can turn into a giant problem to fix again, and again.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Cheke1979 View Post
    that is a great question at the end of video first of all I don't think doctors should be transplanting hair on most patients under the age of 40 most people 40 or older are looking for a conservative approach and at 50 I'm sure they think even more conservative when a doctor wants to transplant 5000 grafts in one session that's scary! to much trauma, a good doctor will work with you to make a plan. small procedures over a period of 5 to 10 years sounds like less trauma no need to hurry as long you achieve your goal at the end. its surgery test the water before you jump in it and wait!!!
    I agree that 5000 grafts is too much but I've seen too many men aged 40 and 50 want the same aggressive hairlines that younger patients want. It's all about education and getting people to understand two things. 1. They don't have to have surgery. 2. If they have surgery they don't have to look like they're a teenager again. The wrinkles don't look good with a Justin Bieber hairdo.

Funny thing you said, making a plan over the course of several years. This is exactly what I did but it wasn't so much of a plan as it was just the way things turned out. I used to be the posterboy for super megasessions yet I never once had a procedure over 2500 grafts
    Joe Tillman

This is a great video, it highlights the importance of doing research and knowing what you're getting into before you have surgery. I also enjoy watching you on Spencer's show Joe. You guys are doing God's work. I mean it! TBT has literally saved my life, it's been my therapy for many years and think you have been a really good addition to the show. I only wish it was on more often. Twice a week would be great! For a while Spencer was doing two shows a week, see if you can talk him into doing that again, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by pafc66 View Post
    not idiot. he must be bald. want to see him bald too

in my opinion if somebody waits until there 40 or 50 and does small procedures over a period of time there going to know what there getting into and what there going to expect now if a person does a big mega session there expecting a nice result but if something goes wrong that will be major setback especially on young people trust me what somebody wants at age 25 is not what they going to want at age 50 higher hairline less density looks more natural when someone is older and this can be done with smaller procedures!! most hair doctors (not all) take advantage of young people all the time if everybody would wait most of these doctors would be out of buisness and only the old school doctors would remain