Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

What country do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    What country do you live in?
    Canada

Oh, so are you going to try it?

Oh, so are you going to try it?
    I think so... but I'm worried of it increasing hair loss (RU did that to me)

Also, you think it'll work decently..?? I haven't seem many positive reviews at all???

It hasn't been used by many people yet, so we really don't know. But it's a promising option at a time when we don't have many other options.

As far as experiencing worse hairloss on RU, did you happen to get symptoms of hyperandrogenicity (oily skin, increased libido, acne)? And I think you said you used it for 3 months?

I never got increased hairloss from RU, but I did get initial sheds the both times I started finasteride, both lasting for about 2 months of increased shedding in areas where the hair was already weak. As for whether that'll happen on the topical, that's what I'm wondering and worried about too, but if it works at all then I'd imagine it would ultimately save more hair and I'd only be losing hair that's going to be lost soon anyway, I guess.

But in my case, the increase in fin hair shedding was noticeable and sudden. So if nothing else, you could probably monitor your hair in the shower with a haircatcher in the drain and stop the drug if it worries you.

It hasn't been used by many people yet, so we really don't know. But it's a promising option at a time when we don't have many other options.

As far as experiencing worse hairloss on RU, did you happen to get symptoms of hyperandrogenicity (oily skin, increased libido, acne)? And I think you said you used it for 3 months?

I never got increased hairloss from RU, but I did get initial sheds the both times I started finasteride, both lasting for about 2 months of increased shedding in areas where the hair was already weak. As for whether that'll happen on the topical, that's what I'm wondering and worried about too, but if it works at all then I'd imagine it would ultimately save more hair and I'd only be losing hair that's going to be lost soon anyway, I guess.

But in my case, the increase in fin hair shedding was noticeable and sudden. So if nothing else, you could probably monitor your hair in the shower with a haircatcher in the drain and stop the drug if it worries you.
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did notice signs of increased androgen..

erections were amazing, rock hard.. I went from crystal clear skin to acne.. I always seemed to have a dull headache on it though and did get 2-3 days of persistent heart pain but it went away.

Oh, interesting. In that case, I guess just be careful with any antiandrogen. Probably start with a small dosage and work up, no matter what it is. In the case of topical finasteride, they can make a formulation with a lower concentration of the drug, I believe.

How much does this stuff cost per month to get it in the US?