+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Hey Hellhouser, haven't heard from you on the RU threads. Was just hoping if you can tell me if your still on RU and hows it working if you are. Don't mean to derail this thread, just trying to catch the fella while hes here

Just got off the phone with investor relations.

I informed them as a shareholder, I have a statutory right to their records, etc. They said that they have not released the results yet, even to shareholders. I am guessing they were talking about releasing results on Investor Day which took place on February 18th. When I asked WHEN they would release the results, the woman said in a few months. I asked why it is taking so long since another product's Phase II trial (Actavis/Allergan) was completed in March and results posted in April. She said it was because of the complexity of Bimatoprost.

This is at least good news in the sense that they will be posting results.

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    Just got off the phone with investor relations.

I informed them as a shareholder, I have a statutory right to their records, etc. They said that they have not released the results yet, even to shareholders. I am guessing they were talking about releasing results on Investor Day which took place on February 18th. When I asked WHEN they would release the results, the woman said in a few months. I asked why it is taking so long since another product's Phase II trial (Actavis/Allergan) was completed in March and results posted in April. She said it was because of the complexity of Bimatoprost.

This is at least good news in the sense that they will be posting results.
    Interesting...the complexity of bimatoprost. I wonder what that even means.

It really could be good or bad. It's nearly impossible to tell. Guess we'll have to wait.

Thanks Biqqie for looking into this!

Regarding investor relations person saying the reason no results have been disclosed is because of the "complexity of bimatoprost." ...

Let's say it failed - what complexity is there to let everyone know that it failed for hair loss? There's nothing much to lose. It won't affect their stock price too much, as they have other very lucrative products lined up (DARPin etc) for the future. They're also a very valuable company, one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole lot.

Let's say it succeeded - Bimatoprost is now able to be legally produced by other companies. For other uses, yes. However, they have been trialling the drug at higher concentration, but it is nonetheless accessible by many parties. The reason to keep things quiet, even from investors in this case, is so that no one finds out this drug works for hair loss at ~3% concentration. If anyone has been following, there have been past legal issues with companies producing bimatoprost; lawsuits etc. Now that the patent has expired for .03%, many companies can make it. Allergan doesn't even have a licensed product at this concentration yet, and they may need to have one in order to protect themselves from those that would try to make it. Like I've been saying before, it would be foolish to let the word out before you have a product to market. There would be plenty others lining up to make it and sell it themselves. Chinese companies, random labs etc.

I'd say the issue is more complex if it succeeded, than if it failed. The reason she gave was "complexity of bimatoprost." The issue is pretty complex if other parties have access to mass production of this drug, and Allergan is planning to release this same drug albeit at a higher concentration. If it was a drug that wasn't in the hands of anyone else, and it succeeded, I guarantee we would've heard something by now. On the other hand, if it failed, there would be no reason to hide the results. Drugs fail FDA trials all the time.

I too believe is a positive news, you could have pushed a little more maybe, with a "so you are still developing the product" or somethign like that and see the reaction

We'll find out more information on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    We'll find out more information on Monday
    what's happening on Monday?

this is a very intriguing situation here, The trials have been done for months but this company is very hush hush about this product, they have many other products on the pipeline so releasing failed results really wont hurt them much.

There must be something happening behind the scenes with this product.

Either it failed or it didn't. Just have to be patient. Like with Follicept, SM, and whatever else. Most things tend to end in failure generally though.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    what's happening on Monday?

this is a very intriguing situation here, The trials have been done for months but this company is very hush hush about this product, they have many other products on the pipeline so releasing failed results really wont hurt them much.

There must be something happening behind the scenes with this product.
    I think the circumstances are unusual. According to the clinical trial page for phase 2b, the study was actually completed in September, so they would have known by then if it was working. They have kept quiet about it for months and months. They haven't even disclosed results to shareholders, and from everything I've read, anytime someone on a hair loss forum asked about it, they acted as if they've never heard of the drug. I think it's because other parties have legal access to mass production of bimatoprost.

If it failed, I'm not so sure it would be detrimental to say so. This company is huge with tons of products already, and in the pipeline. They wouldn't be so timid to release failed results of a drug, and wouldn't wait nearly a year to say it failed. This isn't some biotech startup with all their hopes on one or a few drugs, this is BIG pharma. Allergan believed in this drug all along, and were not deterred by the phase 2a study.

What is the timeline on when this comes out if everything goes on track? The timelines on this stuff is ridiculous the amount of years for something to get through.