+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the hell!?

I wouldn't worry about it, seems like natural parting of the hair. By the way, you still got a pretty thick head of hair for someone that is 30 y/o so I'd be happy if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by WillyFooFoo View Post
    Snapped this pics after showering (hair dry, no products) in quite bright light.

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/85321/vertex

http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/85322/vertex-2

What do you guys think? Need some comments, please
    Obviously you do not have significant loss.

however, microcameras don't lie and 10% minaturization is balding in early stages (and yes unlikely to be noted by a hairdresser).

If you dont want 10% to turn into 15 and then 20% etc. get on Finasteride after consulting with a medical doctor. preferably one certified by the IAHRS.

Thank you for your answer.

I get what you mean, with the transplant surgeons want to sell their services. I went to a surgeon who is a member of the American Hair Loss Association and he got a good reputaion on forums.

I probably got BDD aswell, feel the need to check my scalp all the time..

I'm thinking about starting propecia treatment as a preventive caution but it feels kind of stupid to start with such a medication when i accually don't know if I have mpb.

Thoughts?
    You need to get your scalp mapped for minaturization as well as have a hair bulk analysis completed using a special tool ISHRS/IAHRS surgeons typically employ when assessing the progression of MPB.

10% after age 30 probably is early stage progression of MPB. This is far from an unlikely scenario for a caucasian male of your age, statistically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    Obviously you do not have significant loss.

however, microcameras don't lie and 10% minaturization is balding in early stages (and yes unlikely to be noted by a hairdresser).

If you dont want 10% to turn into 15 and then 20% etc. get on Finasteride after consulting with a medical doctor. preferably one certified by the IAHRS.
    I accually did an analysis with a surgeon certified by the IAHRS, Dr Bisanga in Brussels. He was the one saying i've got >10% minituarization and he said i didn't need finasteride. If I wanted a transplant (for my temples) he recommended minoxidil to strengthen the rest of the scalp to prevent shock loss.

Dr. Rassman (baldingblog.com) stated that everyone can have some degree of miniaturization, even up to 20% and not "suffer" from mpb.

Maybe I'm in denail? My problem is that I really don't know if i have mpb..

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Willy'
    Your last words-"Maybe I'm in denial? My problem is that I really don't know if i have mpb.. "

My friend, there is no reason for you to be in any type of denial over this.
    Of course, you do not KNOW if you will ever experience minor or major MPB at this point but,
    It is NOT a PROBLEM for you Willy' Do not ALLOW it to be.
    Live your life as best as you can. Stay health and avoid stress.

I accually did an analysis with a surgeon certified by the IAHRS, Dr Bisanga in Brussels. He was the one saying i've got >10% minituarization and he said i didn't need finasteride. If I wanted a transplant (for my temples) he recommended minoxidil to strengthen the rest of the scalp to prevent shock loss.

Dr. Rassman (baldingblog.com) stated that everyone can have some degree of miniaturization, even up to 20% and not "suffer" from mpb.

Maybe I'm in denail? My problem is that I really don't know if i have mpb..
    i am familiar with Rassman (ive met him in LA and had a few consults with both him & Dr Pak) and his posts on minaturization. Its possible you are not balding, i suppose.

What does your frontal area look like? Are you receding at all? frontal hair photos would help me form a more accurate opinion as to what is going on.

a logical option here would be to get your hair mapped for minaturization and get a bulk analysis by a tool like Rassman's HairCheck every 6-12 months. If that 10% jumps to 12 or 15% get on Finasteride immediately.

If you are balding and are at a mere 10% loss post age30 then its safe to assume your loss is not very aggressive and therefore slow moving. Finasteride would likely reverse some and halt progression fully for some time, statisticaly speaking.

put simply; monitor your hair for changes. if theres is a change, get an Rx.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi Willy'
    Your last words-"Maybe I'm in denial? My problem is that I really don't know if i have mpb.. "

My friend, there is no reason for you to be in any type of denial over this.
    Of course, you do not KNOW if you will ever experience minor or major MPB at this point but,
    It is NOT a PROBLEM for you Willy' Do not ALLOW it to be.
    Live your life as best as you can. Stay health and avoid stress.
    Thank you Artista.

I know what you mean, but at this point it's really getting to me.. The whole hair loss thing, in my mind, if i got mpb, i'll be noticable thinning within some years and i can't cope with that right now

i am familiar with Rassman (ive met him in LA and had a few consults with both him & Dr Pak) and his posts on minaturization. Its possible you are not balding, i suppose.

What does your frontal area look like? Are you receding at all? frontal hair photos would help me form a more accurate opinion as to what is going on.

a logical option here would be to get your hair mapped for minaturization and get a bulk analysis by a tool like Rassman's HairCheck every 6-12 months. If that 10% jumps to 12 or 15% get on Finasteride immediately.

If you are balding and are at a mere 10% loss post age30 then its safe to assume your loss is not very aggressive and therefore slow moving. Finasteride would likely reverse some and halt progression fully for some time, statisticaly speaking.

put simply; monitor your hair for changes. if theres is a change, get an Rx.
    First of all, thank you for taking your time and answering in my case!

Starten a thread with pics of my front some weeks ago, you can find it here: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ded?highlight=

Theres also a "mapping" on hair loss in my family.

Right now, I'm kind of sure on getting on propecia. It's just some things making Me question to start (not sides).
    I've read that some people have expirenced that getting on finasteride destroyed their hair, that they experienced shedding that didn't regrow.. Scary thoughts!

And the whole debate of fin and pregnancy, trying to conceive with my girlfriend right now :/ (the whole conceiving thing is "" of course)

First of all, thank you for taking your time and answering in my case!

Starten a thread with pics of my front some weeks ago, you can find it here: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ded?highlight=

Theres also a "mapping" on hair loss in my family.

Right now, I'm kind of sure on getting on propecia. It's just some things making Me question to start (not sides).
    I've read that some people have expirenced that getting on finasteride destroyed their hair, that they experienced shedding that didn't regrow.. Scary thoughts!

And the whole debate of fin and pregnancy, trying to conceive with my girlfriend right now :/ (the whole conceiving thing is "" of course)
    Logically, it would be pertinent to first find out for certain if you are balding or not and only then consider an Rx used for balding. I mean, If in fact not balding why use a drug to treat balding? Especially, if you personally have concerns about fathering a child on said Rx.

I reviewed your frontal hairline photos and it very well could be a naturally high and mature hairline as opposed to genetic balding. I cannot say one way or the other in your case and i am pretty good at spotting it.

I would again suggest close monitoring of minaturization progression.

Logically, it would be pertinent to first find out for certain if you are balding or not and only then consider an Rx used for balding. I mean, If in fact not balding why use a drug to treat balding? Especially, if you personally have concerns about fathering a child on said Rx.

I reviewed your frontal hairline photos and it very well could be a naturally high and mature hairline as opposed to genetic balding. I cannot say one way or the other in your case and i am pretty good at spotting it.

I would again suggest close monitoring of minaturization progression.
    This is what i find so hard.

If i start the medication now, and even if I'm not balding i will never be able to stop because if i do and i am balding... Yeah, you see my dilemma.

Another question; Is it favorable to maybe take propecia once or twice a week? Or maybe three times?
    Just to be "safe" of further loss?