+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

He's located in manhattan. Again, he's not in it for the money, so let me just ask him first if I can give out his name since he's also going to be experimenting AAPE with me (not sure what the implications of this are for him, though I doubt there are any). I'll get back to you on monday when he's back from vacation, promise.

Quote Originally Posted by nofintowin View Post
    How much are you paying for your acell/prp? The acell component just doesn't make sense to me. I did prp 4 times. The 4th time I used acell, and I feel like I may have shed a bit more on it. As a rough gauge, I paid $600 for prp, $800 for prp/acell, with a really good doctor whose not interested in ripping people off.
    I'm still researching. But, $5000! lol. Pharmaceutical grade vitamin D was included. But yeah, it sounds like a pretty big rip off in comparison. I live in the DC area, but the doctor is in NY. He's opening an office near me.
    http://nyhairloss.com/hair-regenerat...-amiya-prasad/

Another doctor in my area was charging the same. I really have just begun looking into this. I wanted to get a HT done as well though, but I'm not sure how I feel about FUT. FUE has no scarring and it's spread out, which makes me think it's worth it. The cost is a lot higher though.

I need to look around more for PRP/ACELL I guess or consider traveling for it.

Dude, I know about Amiya Prasad. He's an absolute rip off here, there are a few doctors that talk dirt about him for how much he abuses the system. My doctor charges $600-$800, depending (he's in manhattan like amiya prasad). If he allows me, I'll give you his name. If not, jeffrey rappaport, who I've been to as well, is in NJ (10 mins from manhattan) and charges $400 - $600. I like my doctor much better though, as he understands hair loss more and uses a derma stamp and pays way more attention to you.

Thanks I appreciate it. How did you find those doctors btw? I am just really starting to research now. I just decided to do it the other day after coming across his before/after pictures. I'm glad I came to the forums. I'd message you but I don't think that's a feature here. :P

I literally sat down for a couple of hours, googled prp in NJ, CT, NY, found 20 different doctors, called and got prices. Googling PRP is tricky. Amiya Prasad literally owns a few different websites and has put a lot of effort into search engine optimization so that his sites show up first no matter what you research. Don't go to prasad. You can get around 8 PRP treatments for the price of his useless nonsense lol.

Why is there talk of the no-results treatment known as PRP in a thread about AAPE?

it's definitely tough. a lot of them don't offer acell. i found a doctor within 12 miles of me that does 6 sessions for $3600, it's a dermapen with PRP package (every 6 weeks). apparently they don't do prp alone. that's way way cheaper. acell would work great with that, but it sounds unlikely they'd do it since they are unfamiliar

Sorry for the derail @hellouser. How to find someone willing to inject AAPE? That's kinda tough.

So postremics still haven't responded to my email

Just had my first session yesterday. Much quicker than a typical PRP treatment - didn't even have to numb the scalp as we used a 31G needle (as per the March 2015 study). I'll post some before pictures soon - the doc took some good pics, and plans to buy a trichogram to complement this.

NOhair, and others, to buy the AAPE, reach out directly to heavin@prostemics.com - she's really quick and she's the rep I interacted with. I initially reached out to the generic company email, which they forwarded to her (took me a week to get any response before they forwarded the email to her). But, she herself is quick. I asked her if I could have give her email to other consumers, and she said she had no problem with this.