+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do Looks matter

You guys should think about suicide, your whinging sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Spinoza's God. I like this way of thinking, actually.

Anyway, my question is then that if a creator is assumed to exist, why should we assume he isn't a Personal Creator, and why shouldn't we assume he cares about us enough to provide some form of revelation.
    I agree if that creator is powerful enough to create the universe I can only imagine it must have intimate feeling invested in each of our lives. This is why at times I pray but I don't go to church. Furthermore, I find most religions to be counter productive as they rely on mythical miracles to convince people of a creators existence rather then pure reason.

I was born a Muslim and like anyone growing up came to a point where I questioned my beliefs. I'm at a point now where I can't be 100 percent sure there is a God or there isn't but so many stuff in this world show us how clueless us humans can be about certain things. How scientists believe they know everything until a small thing comes up and shows how incompetent they are.

That is why I find the atheists kind of stupid, how can you be certain 100 percent that there is no God with all the things around you which point to a certain creator. In my opinion I think most probably there is a God, Very difficult for me to imagine that all this is a coincidence. That is why I am now trying to play it safe, do what I can in terms of what my religion asks me to do and the things I can't or am not willing to give up, I will hope God forgives me.

To be honest,the things the Koran or other religious books asks us to do are always for our benefit and you have to keep in mind that many things that people think they hate in the Koran are misinterpreted wrong or just fabricated. That's why when I get to a point in my life where I do think I'm 100 percent sure of God's existence I think the most logical of the religions is the Koran even though all of them are from God. Of course that is my opinion only.

Perhaps, women will not tell us, but perhaps, they really want a guy with full hair!

Quote Originally Posted by ppxrare View Post

That is why I find the atheists kind of stupid, how can you be certain 100 percent that there is no God with all the things around you which point to a certain creator.
    I don't think many atheists would make any claim with 100% certainty. All we say is that since there is no evidence that god exists, we cannot hold that as a valid belief. And 'evidence' is considered to be something that can withstand the scrutiny of the scientific process.

That is why I find the atheists kind of stupid, how can you be certain 100 percent that there is no God with all the things around you which point to a certain creator.
    The same criticism should be made of those that are 100 percent certain that there IS a god.

Well I somewhat agree with you hellouser, I myself am not 100 percent convinced yet there is a God but I can understand why a person would be 100 percent convinced that there is because if there is an almighty and powerful God, don't you think its within his power to test our faith and whats the point of faith if you can scientifically prove that there is a God?

I just find it pointless for this universe to exist without a creator or a goal. It can't all be random and just coincidences.

Any god who created pattern hair loss is a disgusting piece of shit.

Well I somewhat agree with you hellouser, I myself am not 100 percent convinced yet there is a God but I can understand why a person would be 100 percent convinced that there is because if there is an almighty and powerful God, don't you think its within his power to test our faith and whats the point of faith if you can scientifically prove that there is a God?
    Why would our faith need to be tested? You do realize that faith and religion only depend on which part of the world your born in? If you were born in Texas, you'd probably be a Christian. If you were born in India, you'd probably be Hindu. If you were born in Egypt, you'd probably be Muslim. If in Israel, Jewish and if in Norway (my favourite) probably Atheist. Favourite being Norway because the country is socially way ahead of any other nation on the planet, looks like Atheism isnt such an evil force after all... or actual, no force at all since it doesnt have any agenda/rules/beliefs or special places to compare clothing on sundays.

I just find it pointless for this universe to exist without a creator or a goal. It can't all be random and just coincidences.
    Why not? Whats it matter? Once we're going to be 6 feet under its not going to make a lick of a difference. I'm not worried about dying because I'm an atheist and when I die I won't even know it, why? Because I'll be dead. Creator or no creator, religion has been responsible for some of, if not most of the worlds most disgusting crimes. How anyone can advocate religion is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Any god who created pattern hair loss is a disgusting piece of shit.
    Yeah, the lord works in mysterious ways.... lol. Theres nothing mysterious about being an asshole! To quote Jim Jefferies:

Religious people will forgive god for ****ing anything. In their mind he does good things. Rainbows. Children’s laughter. Shit like that, right? But when he does bad things like hurricanes, aids, cancer, child molestation, then we just go ‘ah well… god works in mysterious ways’. What type of an excuse is that? What is mysterious about acting like a ****ing asshole? That is like the least mysterious activity since the dawn of time! If I ever date a religious girl she’s gonna come home and I’m gonna be raping her mum, right, and she’s gonna look at me and go ‘What are you doing!?’ and I’m gonna go ‘I’m mysterious! I've always been mysterious!'.