+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation What has happened to David Beckham’s hair? Three experts give their verdict

Hi guys,

See this interview here where Spencer Kobren and myself are interviewed by The Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/styl...-give-verdict/

Regards
    SPEX
    www.spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Anyone else care to give their opinion? If anyone can access the article fully see the comments in the comment section as they are priceless. Forgive me but there are some real pieces of work out there commenting on David. I feel for him !

" Haters gotta hate " !

Regards
    Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Looks like he sprinkled those hair fibers on his hair to make it look thicker. I always said that using those fibers will make you look unnatural, as if you dyed your hair or were wearing a bad toupee.

I'd like to read the article but it says only premium subscribers are able to?

Default David Beckham’s hair? The experts verdict.

Here you go guys, apologise the article was in the premium section of the Telegraph. See it here below.

David Beckham’s hair? The experts verdict.

There is such a great deal of speculation currently. The question debated by hair loss experts this week, who believe that Beckham’s hair is looking suspiciously thicker and darker than it was a few months ago.

It’s been believed for some time that the 43-year-old football legend suffers from Male Pattern Baldness (as do almost half of men his age) but recent photos of Beckham addressing a conference in Hong Kong have set the hair-loss community abuzz with rumour.

Any male celebrity whose hair looks markedly different from one day to the next will be hit with the the same questions - just ask Wayne Rooney, who was widely pilloried by the tabloids in 2011 for undergoing a hair transplant reported to cost £30,000 (a treatment which has become much more common since).

But Beckham is in his own league: over the years, the former Manchester United star has attracted as much attention for his various hairstyles as for his football prowess, moving from his blonde locks of the early 1990s to the ‘hard-man’ buzzcut of 2000, to the iconic mohawk of 2002.

But what's he done this time? And if he has used treatment, is it one that's available to those ordinary 40-something men who aren't international superstars? With Beckham remaining tight-lipped, it’s hard to know exactly. Three hair loss experts share their thoughts.

‘Hair dye or hair-thickening fibres’

Spencer Kobren, founder of the American Hair Loss Association, thinks Beckham may have turned to a form of hair-thickening treatment, such as fibres.
    “I don’t know for sure [but] over the past few years it does seem like his hair has improved. You don’t have to be an expert.”

He says Beckham may just have dyed his hair (along with his beard and eyebrows), a common and relatively cheap strategy for any 40-something man hoping to make their hair look thicker.

But he might have ventured further, Kobren says, and invested in some hair-thickening fibres, which ‘cling on’ to existing follicles to mask the contrast between your scalp and your thinning hair.

“They cling, using electricity and hairspray, to your hair fibres, and add density and diameter to each hair [follicle]. They’re pretty good products - if they’re used by people who have a lot of hair, they could really mask a lot of hair loss. They’re very popular.”
    And it’s certainly an option available to ordinary men: a pot of Nanogen Fibres (one of the most popular brands) costs around £18.99 in the UK.

Kobren says that hair-thickening fibres have been hugely popular for more than 20 years, but (until recently) few men have admitted to using them, due to a lingering stigma around hair loss. If Beckham was to be open about whether he has used fibres, he says, he could have an enormous effect on how we think about hair loss.
    “It would be huge. It would be a tremendous benefit … especially in the UK because he’s so popular. But also I think ... a lot of people like to keep certain things private, but we kind of force them to go public. I guess that is part of being a celebrity.”
    ‘Advanced Tricho Pigmentation’

It’s possible that Beckham has just had his hair cut in a flattering way, says Nadeem Khan, Director of the Harley Street Hair Clinic in central London.

His hairdresser may have used a technique called ‘layering’, he says, where the hair is “chopped” in a certain way to make it appear more dense.
    The change in colour, however, makes Khan think he is using “some form of concealer”, or possibly even a new treatment called Advanced Tricho Pigmentation (ATP), which makes the hair appear thicker and fuller.

ATP, which works by tattooing hundreds of dot-like pigments onto the scalp, was barely known just a few years ago, but has “really gained popularity” over the last few years, Khan says.

“It used to be word of mouth, but especially in film and television it’s now being used a lot. We’re being asked to go to all kinds of places to have it done - sometimes on [film] sets.”
    He says it’s also relatively cheap compared to a hair transplant, with a course of ATP costing between £2,000 and £5,000.

“The reason these guys in the public eye like it is because the effect is immediate. You don’t have to wait for it like a transplant. If you’re filming an advert for tomorrow, for example, you can come in now and it looks a lot better than what you came in with. It’s enough to get the guys in the TV companies happy.”

Khan doesn’t believe the social media rumours that Beckham has had a full-on hair transplant: the effects of a transplant take 6 to 12 months to kick in, he says, and the change to Beckham’s appearance has been far too quick.
    Hair-thickening shampoo

Hair loss advisor Spencer Stevenson, who regained his own hair after undergoing 12 transplants, believes Beckham is using a combination of thickening shampoos and Nanogen Fibres.

“Concealer fibres are well known among celebrity patients. The give-away for me is the darker colour compared to his normal brown, grey-ish look.”

Stevenson, who has spoken in the past about his envy for Beckham’s iconic hair, warns that Beckham may soon have to seek a full-on hair transplant.
    “In my opinion, David is now potentially on a slippy slope to further speculation surrounding his hair loss. It might not be too long before a hair transplant is his only option in order to continue to be the hair icon he is renowned for being.”

Further interview with the BBC.

Hi Guys,

Going from what I saw in the Mail (swimming pool pics), fast forward two weeks and his hair is darker and much thicker, I think he must be using fibres of some sort.

If he is and he is happy doing it, then good on him as it still looks great,,, however, you would have thought that maybe somebody close to him would have suggested fda medication like proprecia because it looks like he just has diffused thinning and I think it would help his overall current situation - It's been great for me, even at 2 month mark I can see a considerable difference.

Regards
    Steve

Thanks for your input mate
    Regards
    Spex

Interviewed by Daily Star about it too :

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/...-cut-2018-news

Regards
    Spex