+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Ziggy and Dench,

From that loss, you see any new little regrowth? You all lost a lot at once and since it takes no time to lose and a lot of time to regrow, perhaps you're gonna play catch up?
    I certainly haven't seen any regrowth, just continuous miniaturisation and recession. Like I said I don't really shed much anyway, never have and hopefully never will. It's just miniaturisation, which is obviously worse than shedding. With my constant scalp pain/itch my scalp is obviously a very unhealthy environment to grow new hair, anything growing in will just be thin and weak. I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself if I get this under control then the thin hairs I do have can come back stronger. No other choice really.

Well, one thing I can say is that hair regrowth is strange and elusive, yet some how it happens...through the past year, I've looked into my hair under high magnification and couldn't spot much regrowth... HOWEVER, if I have been shedding an average of 150 hairs a day, well that's 4500 PER MONTH (scary I know) which means that over 10 months alone, I have shed 45000 HAIRS... which means, without regrowth, I would have gone slick bald twice, haha... sooo, my point is, you're obviously regrowing your hair, you just can't see it. Did I just blow you mind or what? haha

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Well, one thing I can say is that hair regrowth is strange and elusive, yet some how it happens...through the past year, I've looked into my hair under high magnification and couldn't spot much regrowth... HOWEVER, if I have been shedding an average of 150 hairs a day, well that's 4500 PER MONTH (scary I know) which means that over 10 months alone, I have shed 45000 HAIRS... which means, without regrowth, I would have gone slick bald twice, haha... sooo, my point is, you're obviously regrowing your hair, you just can't see it. Did I just blow you mind or what? haha
    Well I don't really shed, so I'm not physically losing much hair, it's just the hair that I have is miniaturizing and dying

Also saw this from a guy in the first Seti group buy:

I've been taking 150mg/day orally for six days now with no side effects and a reduction of scalp inflammation.
    Sounds promising. Man if I wasn't going travelling I would be all over that second group buy. By the time it would arrive I'd already be in Thailand though. Something to think about Ziggy!

Hey guys, I haven't had regrowth at all. And I still shed about 30 hairs in the shower alone.. My hairline got horrible on one side and the other is itching and still receding.

That's pretty crazy that someone made that claim about seti. I don't understand how they are taking it orally? Are they weighing the powder and like putting it in a glass of water?? I might need to pm someone about a group buy ASAP.

Then again, it could be all in that guy's head. He said reduction not cessation and he's been taking a decent dose for a week already. I hope this stuff does actually work.

Dench, do you want me to buy a shipment for you and when you're back I can try and ship it out? Idk if it be worth a try or not, but just let me know man.

Yeah that's true he only mentioned reduction. Can only be a good sign though. It's been tested at 1000mg a day with very little side effects, so if it's dose-dependent, higher amounts could result in cessation of inflammation and obviously better for hair. I don't know if the amounts we'll be using can be that beneficial, considering it is being trialled at 500mg-1000mg daily I think. Obviously it's way too expensive for that right now.

I'm actually considering getting on that 2nd group buy (closes 11/08) if I hear any more positive reports about inflammation. Then I'd have to ask my parents to ship it out for me once I had settled in Australia hopefully. I don't even know what the deal would be getting something like that through customs/across the border. Thanks for offering though that's very generous of you!

As for the oral, I'm not sure how people are taking it. I don't think it really matters - just measure it in a special measuring spoon, then pop it in a glass of water and drink it? I think a lot of people are taking some time to measure it and put each dose in empty capsules, which is what I'd do. Few hours spent measuring and making capsules, then you could just stick all the capsules in a bag/bottle and treat it like any other tablet/oral.

Would it be possible to get on this group buy? If seti helps with inflammation/itch then I really want in

How is that guy taking IT orally? That would be a dream for me as I hate topicals.
    I'd be interested in a group buy.

Guys, for me what stopped the itching part was to take Accutane, 10 mg, one day on 2... I had thin hair on these areas, and now it is regrowing fast...
    THing is my itching was related to an overexcess of sebum... So it was the perfect solution for me. I was shedding like maybe 50 hair daily during this period, nowadays i can' even see hair falling...
    i precise that the itching was unbearable before, i was scratching myself on the crown, and on my left temple. i was also having a LOT of dandruff. I had to shampoo everyday.

Nowadays i do 2 shampoos a week

Accutane.. Hmm, the only thing I've ever read about that is how it causes telogen effluvium or just further loss. I do have sebum on some of the hairs I shed, right around the root bulb. Maybe it would work? Idk.. A doc prescribed it for you?