Closed Thread
Page 68 of 187 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liba View Post
    Dude.. when exactly will you get your batch and start that trial?
    We'll know when he does.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    how come that all of a sudden so many IGF & hairloss related papers pop up?
    could it really be the case that IGF is a strong growth factor but that for so many years nobody was able to practically and efficiently deliver it to the follicles?
    devon mentioning the 5 year development of the topicon method gives us an idea that it could really be something brilliant which wasn't achieved so far. also good news for other topical stuff. can't wait to see what comes out of that.
    I know. I agree with you. At first I ignored this thread because it seemed silly because IGF has been investigated a long time and it seemed to me that if there was anything to it then it would have already been brought to market.

But then after I read more and more about it I started thinking that maybe I should be paying attention to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
    We'll know when he does.
    Exactly. As soon as I know, first thing I do will be post on here and the site.

[QUOTE=noisette;202120]Devon, I don't know if you have seen this study called : " Safety and efficacy analysis of liposomal insulin-like growth factor-1 in a fluid gel formulation for hair-loss treatment in a hamster model "

" These results strongly suggest that liposomal IGF-1 in a liquid gel formulation is a safe and efficient treatment for hair loss. "

source on Research gate website : Nice find noisette.

Can anyone explain to me why they think they will see results with this in as little as a couple of weeks when minoxidil takes about 6 months to see results

Devon what are the chance you can start the trial in april? 50%? 80%? 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Thanks! If everyone would prefer, since they are so confident it won't work, I could just quit now and go back to teaching scuba diving and tell Dr. Hsu to go back to a fat academic salary- we'd both be making more than we are now. That way we wouldn't have to worry about succeeding
    How on earth did you get from teaching scuba diving to working on hair loss treaments? That's quite an interesting career switch

Quote Originally Posted by tf2legend View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why they think they will see results with this in as little as a couple of weeks when minoxidil takes about 6 months to see results
    He said it could be possible to see results in as little as 12 days, but it's not guaranteed.

[QUOTE=Clion1995;202137]
    Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    Devon, I don't know if you have seen this study called : " Safety and efficacy analysis of liposomal insulin-like growth factor-1 in a fluid gel formulation for hair-loss treatment in a hamster model "

" These results strongly suggest that liposomal IGF-1 in a liquid gel formulation is a safe and efficient treatment for hair loss. "

source on Research gate website : Nice find noisette.
    Yeah we saw this one. And they use 1-3%, HUGE concentrations (possible side effects). Our formulation is orders of magnitude less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    How on earth did you get from teaching scuba diving to working on hair loss treaments? That's quite an interesting career switch

He said it could be possible to see results in as little as 12 days, but it's not guaranteed.
    Correct. We could but we don't know yet.

Hahaha yeah. I became an instructor the summer after my freshman year in college, and ended up putting myself through school that way (and I still do it on the side- teaching a student this weekend!). That's where I started the business, Dive Concierge, that saw 200k in revenue its 2nd or 3rd year. Finished up school, went to work for my dad in Hawaii managing a construction project for 7 months, worked for a guy I met on a dive trip doing environmental consulting related to the BP oil spill for a few months, then back to Hawaii for another 7 month stint. Then, I helped a friend start a manufacturing business in South Carolina, called Lumvatech, before starting my MBA. It was during my MBA that one of my best friends, who was one of Dr. Hsu's MD/PhD students, introduced me to Dr. Hsu and Prometheon. I was helping out with a few things, got more involved, and couldn't pass up the opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    Devon what are the chance you can start the trial in april? 50%? 80%? 100%?
    Wish I knew. It's out of my hands for the moment. But I can tell you I am 100% committed to getting this stupid vial ASAP. #1 priority, trust me.