+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Anyone???? LOL

Never used it personally... I know my dad uses it and after he dyes his hair it looks a bit thicker. I think it's the consistency of the dark brown hair without the grey... ALSO I think it may give pigment to those thin vellous hairs that seem to be almost clear, potentially making it look thicker.

Hi Jamesst11 !

I have to agree with you on this. It certainly does add pigmentation to vellous hairs as well.
    As long as one does not over do its use, the colors do look natural too.

ARTISTA! I never saw your pics and man, I am impressed! How was the hair dying experience? Did it make your hair look much thicker? Was the color noticeable in contrast to the rest of your head? I have a TON of smaller thin hairs, which I hope are new growth, and was wondering if I dyed my hair if it would make it look thicker. I read somewhere that the dye itself adds like 25% volume to the hair strand...
    I didn't have too much time to read through the entire thread, but the progress is solid. I am about 4.5 months into fin, about 1.65mg/day (I just cut them into thirds which is easier). I am still shedding pretty consistently, but do see a lot of new hairs sprouting up, I think? I hope!! Around what month did you start to see a reduction in shedding and new growth?

ARTISTA! I never saw your pics and man, I am impressed! How was the hair dying experience? Did it make your hair look much thicker? Was the color noticeable in contrast to the rest of your head? I have a TON of smaller thin hairs, which I hope are new growth, and was wondering if I dyed my hair if it would make it look thicker. I read somewhere that the dye itself adds like 25% volume to the hair strand...
    I didn't have too much time to read through the entire thread, but the progress is solid. I am about 4.5 months into fin, about 1.65mg/day (I just cut them into thirds which is easier). I am still shedding pretty consistently, but do see a lot of new hairs sprouting up, I think? I hope!! Around what month did you start to see a reduction in shedding and new growth? Did you ever experience an INCREASE in libido?

Jamesst11 ,
    Im sorry that I had not seen this response from you sooner.
    Adding dye to hair does make it look like it has a better volume, especially when improving ones hair with Finasteride.
    My wife and I DID NOTICE a change to my hair approximately 3 or 4 months into using Finasteride back in 2013.
    My hair is STILL slowly improving from its use to this day!!
    Ive been on it now for over 2 years .
    Again, I have NOT experienced any bad-side effects. My libido has not changed. It is a normal libido...LOL
    thats true.
    The new growth that I have been experiencing is mostly on my crown area. I never really paid to much attention to the back of my scalp because the framing of my face in the past, was A-OK.
    A few years ago I was surprised to see just how much hair loss I did have on my crown.
    Of course, i did not allow that to ruin my life. I decided that I would stay a happy man regardless of how much hairloss I had had.
    Once I began using Finasteride I was surprised at what it could do for my hair.
    It is on going too, James!!

Jamesst11 ,
    Im sorry that I had not seen this response from you sooner.
    Adding dye to hair does make it look like it has a better volume, especially when improving ones hair with Finasteride.
    My wife and I DID NOTICE a change to my hair approximately 3 or 4 months into using Finasteride back in 2013.
    My hair is STILL slowly improving from its use to this day!!
    Ive been on it now for over 2 years .
    Again, I have NOT experienced any bad-side effects. My libido has not changed. It is a normal libido...LOL
    thats true.
    The new growth that I have been experiencing is mostly on my crown area. I never really paid to much attention to the back of my scalp because the framing of my face in the past, was A-OK.
    A few years ago I was surprised to see just how much hair loss I did have on my crown.
    Of course, i did not allow that to ruin my life. I decided that I would stay a happy man regardless of how much hairloss I had had.
    Once I began using Finasteride I was surprised at what it could do for my hair.
    It is on going too, James!!

Hello everyone,

I now have been on Finasteride, 1mg per day, for 2 years and 3 months, on going.
    I am still, to this day, experiencing positive improvements to my hair.
    My hair is NOT perfect of course but i am accepting of it.
    Im leading a good and happy life regardless of hairloss.
    I had an appointment set with my doctor on Sept 24th.
    Not because of my hairloss but because of knee pain ive had.
    (Thankfully my knee will be A-OK. nothing major)
    We also did talk about my hairs improvements and of his many other patients he has prescribed Finasteride to.
    To this day, none of those patients have experienced any BAD side effects from it.
    (Just over 100 of his patients)
    I too have NOT experienced any bad side effects from it either.
    Now I am not here trying to promote Finasteride, I am here sharing my experience with it.

At some point, I will once again post recent photos of my hairline, front and back.
    All of us here should be accepting of our lives regardless of how much hair we have or dont have.
    Over-emotions and stress can and will cause much more unnecessary hairloss.
    Stay happy everyone!!

Hello everyone,

I now have been on Finasteride, 1mg per day, for 2 years and 3 months, on going.
    I am still, to this day, experiencing positive improvements to my hair.
    My hair is NOT perfect of course but i am accepting of it.
    Im leading a good and happy life regardless of hairloss.
    I had an appointment set with my doctor on Sept 24th.
    Not because of my hairloss but because of knee pain ive had.
    (Thankfully my knee will be A-OK. nothing major)
    We also did talk about my hairs improvements and of his many other patients he has prescribed Finasteride to.
    To this day, none of those patients have experienced any BAD side effects from it.
    (Just over 100 of his patients)
    I too have NOT experienced any bad side effects from it either.
    Now I am not here trying to promote Finasteride, I am here sharing my experience with it.

At some point, I will once again post recent photos of my hairline, front and back.
    All of us here should be accepting of our lives regardless of how much hair we have or dont have.
    Over-emotions and stress can and will cause much more unnecessary hairloss.
    Stay happy everyone!!

Artista,
    I have some questions for you that are very important to me and that no one seems able to help me with.

- I have now been on finasteride for almost 7 months
    - I have lost quite a bit of hair while on it. My thinning has just seemed to be somewhat perpetuated by it
    - I have not had significant side effects
    - I have had occasional and unusual sensations (tingling, crawling feeling) in certain areas while on it and this is where my hair has been thinning the most
    - HOWEVER, I do see a bunch of new hairs starting to pop up through the hair line and beyond

I suppose I don't know why I am exactly asking you this, but am wondering if you experienced anything similar. Did you have immediate success on it or was it more gradual. I think I am just afraid I am a poor responder and at this point this is my only hope. Thanks for any info you can give.