+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

FGF11
    i have a bit the idea what you are saying because i have read about siRNA and silencing genes.But is there a way to prove if this work and doesnt cause cancer without injecting yourself, like using a mouse or something else.
    Is there a way to prevent these promoters causing cancer?
    excuse me for maybe ignorance questions but i want to understand a bit more.

P.S. i have no deep knowledge in medicine because is not my field but i have read a bit this times especially for hair loss and thank you for what you're doing

Well if he inject himself and succeed the best case scenario would be stopping his hairloss. Even then skeptics could say that maybe he's natural balding process just stopped, and there would be probably no definitive answer to disprove them.

If the technique indeed stopped his hairloss, that would be huge, but probably there would be no way for average joe's to replicate what he did. To make such a thing commercially available it would probably have to go through at least 10 years of testing right?

And in the worst case scenario he gets cancer? That doesn't sound too good..

well, he said that it could also regrow his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by FGF11 View Post
    and stop comparing me with charlatans who try to sell you stuff.

I noticed in another thread, just above mine, people are referring others to products in amazon with next to zero scientific evidence and gaining commission through referrals. How lowly is that?!

so unless I try to sell you something, or refer you, or raise false hope, please stop being a downer and a dummy, and stop posting in this thread for fck's sake.
    This other thread where "people are referring others to products in amazon" I believe is mine. I'm the one whos posting links to products on amazon after people have requested links to exact products.

I'm not in the habit of commenting if I dont have anything good to say but I feel like you've insulted my integrity here which I take very seriously.

I was curious if my links really did contain referrals or affiliate codes without me realising, so I did some "research" on this matter.

For example, you must include your Associates ID or “tag” (appearing as XXXXX-20, or such other format as we may designate) as a parameter in the URL of each link you place on your site to the Amazon Site. In addition, you must not use a link shortening service in a manner that makes it unclear that you are linking to an Amazon Site.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...rating/linking
    There are two type of short URLs that you can create for your Amazon affiliate links. The first one uses Amazon.com domain name.
    You need to simply add: /dp/yourproductid/?tag=youraffiliatetag.

Take a look at this example:
    http://amazon.com/dp/0470560541/?tag=wpb09-20

You can create an even shorter URL by using amzn.com domain name. Simply remove the /dp/ prefix and add your product id with your affiliate tag.
    http://amzn.com/0470560541/?tag=wpb09-20

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutoria...-in-wordpress/
    [–]sludgem 5 points 3 years ago

The "tag" numbers are the only affiliate codes you need to worry about.
    The ref codes are a different kind of referral, they help amazon keep track of how you move throughout the site. In this case, "pd_sim_watch_4" means you got to that page from the product description of another item by clicking the fourth thing in the "similar items" section.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazon/comm...identify_them/
    To help you out, I've posted a few of my links here so we can make sure if they contain these affiliate tags: (You can verify the original posts too)

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    @SriHanuman

If its within your budget you will better off with a custom vehicle using this ethyl alcohol from amazon uk:
    amazon.co.uk/Spinnrad-Ethyl-Alcohol-96-5%25-100/dp/B001TJ0NJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451336373&sr=8-1&keywords=ethyl+alcohol

mixed with this PG:
    amazon.co.uk/1000ml-Classikool-Propylene-Glycol-Pharma/dp/B00BHGM05O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451336492&sr=8-1&keywords=propylene+glycol

That premade tincture wont be as effective as a custom Ethanol/PG vehicle.

original post
    If you're in the US:

Amazon US - Oleuropein - $7.99
    amazon.com/Olive-Leaf-Extract-Super-Strength/dp/B00GZRIW5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451417068&sr=8-1&keywords=oleuropein

Amazon US - Propylene Glycol - Pick whichever is cheapest
    amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=propylene+glycol&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apropyle ne+glycol

For those that want to use minox:

Amazon US - Kirkland Minoxidil 5% - 6 month supply - $29
    amazon.com/Kirkland-Minoxidil-Strength-Regrowth-Supply/dp/B002VLZHLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451417500&sr=8-1&keywords=kirkland+minoxidil

Simply drop the capsule contents into the solution, and shake vigorously, this isnt chemistry whatsoever.

Amazon US - Teavigo EGCG - Healthy Origins - $14
    amazon.com/Healthy-Origins-Multi-Vitamins-Count/dp/B000JLA7Y4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451417666&sr=8-1&keywords=teavigo

Amazon US - Teavigo EGCG - Swanson - $14
    amazon.com/Swanson-Superior-Herbs-Teavigo-Caps/dp/B0031XEF2M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1451417666&sr=8-6&keywords=teavigo

original post
    I'm trying to find these affiliates tags but I cant... Maybe you can help us out?

I'm very fortunate t not have to worry about money, this isnt my job, I only do this because I want to grow hair. I dont want to make a single penny off this and do not like the idea of any company trying to sell whats supposed to be free. You might not have read my thread fully but I'm sure alot of people will agree with me on this that every single product I've recommended has at least one study documenting its direct or indirect effect on positively modulating hair growth.

I've noticed you've got a pattern of making outlandish claims without supporting your statements with references or clear, well explained line of reasoning. And when people try and constructively criticise your work, instead of trying to come to an understanding - you get defensive. Next time if youre going to make derogatory statements against other people and their work I suggest you take the time to do your research and verify your facts - otherwise you'll just end up embarassing yourself. Especially since you're the one making big claims, this behaviour really isnt helping your credibility seeing as its being questioned. I didnt mean to come across as harsh but I hope you will take this as objective constructive criticism.

A vial of lentiviral vectors I have created is sitting somewhere close and I’m arguing to either intradermally inject them or not. This vial of lentiviral vectors can potentially (with a high probability) bring my hair back at the site of injection. I already had AAV antigens, so couldn’t use them. I’ve developed a lentiviral system using a bi-cistronic expression of shRNA and a catalytically dead CRISPIR (CRISPRi) both targeting AR in a VSV-G-pseudotyped replication-deficient lentivirus. This can silence AR probably up to 99% for a couple of years or more but can also cause cancer, with a low probability, but that can happen. There is almost a zero chance for the virus to go systemic. My lentiviral genes are under strong promoters and these promoters can sit in wrong places when integration happen and purely out of murphy's law cause cancer. You guys probably have absolutely no idea what I wrote here but that's the current state of affairs.
    Assume that I am an idiot and explain in simple terms how your lentiviral can cause cancer? Also, there are capillaries in the scalp sitting quite close to the skin, how will you avoid systemic exposure? Can we see some pictures of the equipment you're using to create your lentiviral vectors? (This is so that people stop questioning your competency and credibility). What you're talking about is pretty revolutionary so I suggest you take this a bit more seriously (I cant tell if you are). Moreover its wrong of you to say most people wont understand what youre saying, not everyone has a degree in biochem so it'd be nice if you could help us lay folk understand what you're doing without relying on "its too complicated to simplify". Otherwise you might be better off talking to yourself...

Assume that I am an idiot and explain in simple terms how your lentiviral can cause cancer? Also, there are capillaries in the scalp sitting quite close to the skin, how will you avoid systemic exposure? Can we see some pictures of the equipment you're using to create your lentiviral vectors? (This is so that people stop questioning your competency and credibility). What you're talking about is pretty revolutionary so I suggest you take this a bit more seriously (I cant tell if you are). Moreover its wrong of you to say most people wont understand what youre saying, not everyone has a degree in biochem so it'd be nice if you could help us lay folk understand what you're doing without relying on "its too complicated to simplify". Otherwise you might be better off talking to yourself...

You're not an idiot, it's just that I don't have the energy to explain everything. Lentiviral integration is pretty random (tendency to happen in transcriptionally active genes), so it can cause clonal expansion by sitting behind oncogenes and activating them through positional effect. Promoters are very complex, imagine a CMV promoter in a lentiviral vector, it can go and turn on other genes as well as that gene it's supposed to turn on.

You're not an idiot, it's just that I don't have the energy to explain everything. Lentiviral integration is pretty random (tendency to happen in transcriptionally active genes), so it can cause clonal expansion by sitting behind oncogenes and activating them through positional effect. Promoters are very complex, imagine a CMV promoter in a lentiviral vector, it can go and turn on other genes as well as that gene it's supposed to turn on.

hi fgf11, is there a safer alternative to what you're doing or what could be the next step now? if you know that it can cause cancer, then don't continue.
    but wasn't it your intention from the beginning to create that virus? you knew the risk of cancer from the beginning, no?
    so if it's to dangerous to try it means the end of the road... or do you have other ideas to proceed?

Hi FGF11,

thanks for your sharing man, and taking the time to post it, it looks like you are familiar with the journals at-least, however for someone who is so deeply involved in such a trial in practice, it would be very very easy to provide some kind of photo graphic evidence of the"process" right?. we had allot people coming and going with just claims on this forum. Not saying you are one of them, but just to prove your point. You said you are a fan of open science, well sharing details would be part of open science right?

I look forward to your answer. I am happy to discuss your protocol after your post.

hey FGF11, how's it going? i come here very often to see if you have anything new to say. Hope your ok

Quote Originally Posted by jjo View Post
    hey FGF11, how's it going? i come here very often to see if you have anything new to say. Hope your ok
    +1

I believe this guy has something to say.
    I don't think he is a troll or something and he has a logical theory on AGA.
    I don't know if you succeed but i hope so..Any information FGF11?