+ Reply to Thread

Default how often should a single hair be falling out?

I have a couple of hairs that are noticeably lower than the rest of my hairline so it's easy for me to gauge when they're missing/fall out.

I was under the impression that the average cycle for a hair before falling out can be a couple of years. - however I've noticed that some of these hairs will fall out and regrow a couple of times over the span of a year. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by ikibah View Post
    I have a couple of hairs that are noticeably lower than the rest of my hairline so it's easy for me to gauge when they're missing/fall out.

I was under the impression that the average cycle for a hair before falling out can be a couple of years. - however I've noticed that some of these hairs will fall out and regrow a couple of times over the span of a year. Is this normal?
    You should see a derma

Quote Originally Posted by Steven D View Post
    You should see a derma
    okay very helpful thank you

Inactive

I don't see anything that seems particularly alarming and necessarily warrants a trip to the dermatologist, especially if you're only talking about a handful of hairs. We lose on average at least a hundred hairs a day, so unless you're seeing considerably more hair fall than this on a daily basis, I don't see any cause for major concern. Keep an eye on your entire head of hair as a whole and then reassess.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    I don't see anything that seems particularly alarming and necessarily warrants a trip to the dermatologist, especially if you're only talking about a handful of hairs. We lose on average at least a hundred hairs a day, so unless you're seeing considerably more hair fall than this on a daily basis, I don't see any cause for major concern. Keep an eye on your entire head of hair as a whole and then reassess.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

ANy thoughts on why the same couple of hair fall out a number of times throughout a span of months?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ikibah View Post
    ANy thoughts on why the same couple of hair fall out a number of times throughout a span of months?
    No idea... But if it's just a couple of hairs, it doesn't seem like anything particularly alarming to me. It could very well be another hair right next to it, but who's to say.