Careers - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Careers

This is an interesting thread. Fixed by 35, I have to admit that I'm hoping you are wrong, just because I don't want to think that hair loss is one more thing holding people back from succeeding, but you're more than likely correct.

Since I'm in Atlanta, I arbitrarily thought to look at Home Depot's Corporate Website and Senior Leadership Team to see approximately how many of the senior level men pictured were balding (very scientific approach obviously ). Of about 20 men (all likely at least 40 years old), I only counted 4 or 5 whom would be considered a Norwood Class III or higher. A greater number actually had very youthful hair lines, which leads me to believe many of them may have sought various options for concealing or treating hair loss. See for yourselves: http://corporate.homedepot.com/wps/p...DMDAwMDAwMDA!/

However, as compelling as this (and real statistics) may be, I do think (as mcr pointed out) that confidence goes a long way. I certainly don't believe that hair loss needs to exclude anyone from succeeding in life. Maybe things ARE easier for those not combating hair loss...but I think having to deal with adversity in some way is normal and it makes people much more interesting.

If you look on a corporate website with pictures, you're typically looking at no more than a single token bald man. I'd even go as far as saying good for Home Depot for bucking the trend.

I think it may be career-wise to cover up hair loss. Either that, or go it alone and be recognised by your talent. Just my opinion though.

I think tackling adversity is good, but it's only rewarding when you can win. When you have no chance of winning, it's more likely to make people bitter than interesting.

Also, people with hair don't consider fighting hair loss as fighting adversity, they think of it as vanity. These same people often buy expensive clothes, have laser eye surgery, go on expensive fad diets and need to be seen with the latest gadgets, big cars and nice houses. Oh, but we're still the ones who are vain.

You can always try something new. Freelance curriculum job at https://freelancewriting.biz/curriculum-jobs/ may be the one that will interest you. I tried a lot of different job throughout my life and my experience was interesting.

I was a manager in a software company, managing teams across the globe. No one cared when I interviewed that my head was shaved bald, and I had a six-inch beard.

Who was the last really bald president that was elected to office (Ford doesn't count--he was not elected to be president)? Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    I was a manager in a software company, managing teams across the globe. No one cared when I interviewed that my head was shaved bald, and I had a six-inch beard.
    I wouldn't hire you unless I had no choice.