+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    If you can't live a young, crazy life because your appearance alienates you or you are alienating yourself, you might as well pursue an education. People on here rant about how depression causes them to drop out of school, quit their job, ruin their relationships, etc. and I agree it is a deterrent. But, you may as well pursue something worthwhile and invest in your future, because that's what a good education requires and pays dividends ultimately.
    I'm depressed at home. At work/school I do alright so I won't be quiting or dropping out. The only time I don't feel depressed outside those two places is at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by AFye View Post
    I'm depressed at home. At work/school I do alright so I won't be quiting or dropping out. The only time I don't feel depressed outside those two places is at the gym.
    Well, you're going to be successful in life then. The family s**t comes later in life for some us, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by AFye View Post
    Speak for yourself. I'm not going to wait until my 20s before women start giving me any attention.
    Good luck man.. even if I was scrawny which I am not.. I wouldn't take something that could potentially kill me for someone to glance at me just for lust who wouldn't give a shit about me otherwise for anything more meaningful.

Baldness is not easy, specially in school, but after school there is a whole life in front of you. i know you would think like, "i wont wait till i finish school", but time flies..
    when i was in school with full head of hair, i did nothing in life, n-o-t-h-i-n-g. There are depressed people with perfect hair, do you know why? because they take their hair for granted. because they're depressed over other stuff.

You can be always depressed, if it's not for hair, it would be for something else. you should be happy that the worst thing in your life is hair, and you should keep it that way. because there are much worse things in life, maybe you wont see this now, but you will sometime and you will appreciate what you have.

Also, when you will have a gf, eventually you will stop worrying about hairloss. and yes there are hairy lonely people. yeah..

So live you life, dont waste it on thinking too much..

Give it time and it will work itself out, trust me. I myself was anti social during my high school years. I never had a girl because i was to shy, never went to parties. I was still a virgin, always in my room playing nintendo. Once I hit 18 after high school, I started working out, 2 years later i got jacked. Had my first relationship, lost my virginity and a new me came out. I'm 23 years old have slept with MANY attractive ladies...give it time, be patient.

May I propose something else? Why don’t you wear some kind of hat? Something that looks really good on you, that matches with your style or maybe creates a new style for yourself. You are going to the gym, so results will be visible pretty soon. It sounds like a good opportunity to change also the way you dress. That way, girls will notice you! You know how much attention they pay to hip cloths...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPetra View Post
    May I propose something else? Why don’t you wear some kind of hat? Something that looks really good on you, that matches with your style or maybe creates a new style for yourself. You are going to the gym, so results will be visible pretty soon. It sounds like a good opportunity to change also the way you dress. That way, girls will notice you! You know how much attention they pay to hip cloths...
    Hats have precisely the same effects as concealers; they are a band-aid solution which will ultimately only hinder you, acting as a crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPetra View Post
    What happens when I take my hat off?

Don't worry dude, you are in a better place than most of us. I would trade places with you in a heartbeat with all these treatments in the pipeline. You'll spend a few years bald then get cured and have hair from probably 25 on (and that's a conservative guess, most likely 22 or so).

I know it sucks to be losing hair in your teens but as a 28-year-old people still tell me how jealous they are that I'm in my 20s, how young that is, how they wish they were my age again... You don't realize how long life is at your age. Chances are you're gonna have hair for the vast majority of your time on this planet.

For now just lift and stay focused on school and health. Be kind, humorous, confident. Think positive thoughts and don't waste your time or energy on negative thinking, self-criticism, or doubt. It takes time to develop good thinking habits but they pay dividends.

Grow a beard as soon as you can, and if you wear contacts ditch them in favor of glasses. That look always minimizes hair loss. Wear your remaining hair short.

I know tons of bald men who get attractive women in spite of their baldness. It's just confidence. If someone makes fun of their baldness they just laugh about it. That's the right approach. Again, think of it as a temporary thing. You will most likely not be bald when you're my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Don't worry dude, you are in a better place than most of us. I would trade places with you in a heartbeat with all these treatments in the pipeline. You'll spend a few years bald then get cured and have hair from probably 25 on (and that's a conservative guess, most likely 22 or so).

I know it sucks to be losing hair in your teens but as a 28-year-old people still tell me how jealous they are that I'm in my 20s, how young that is, how they wish they were my age again... You don't realize how long life is at your age. Chances are you're gonna have hair for the vast majority of your time on this planet.

For now just lift and stay focused on school and health. Be kind, humorous, confident. Think positive thoughts and don't waste your time or energy on negative thinking, self-criticism, or doubt. It takes time to develop good thinking habits but they pay dividends.

Grow a beard as soon as you can, and if you wear contacts ditch them in favor of glasses. That look always minimizes hair loss. Wear your remaining hair short.

I know tons of bald men who get attractive women in spite of their baldness. It's just confidence. If someone makes fun of their baldness they just laugh about it. That's the right approach. Again, think of it as a temporary thing. You will most likely not be bald when you're my age.
    I have alopecia and not MPB. I can't grow facial hair, even if I did it wouldn't look good. As far as their being a cure for MPB, I doubt. People always say 5 more years 5 more years but it never comes. I can't be kind generous and humorous when I'm depressed. I doubt I'll ever have hair again. I also don't know any of these bald men whom you are talking about. Most of the older bald men are overweight loser. I work at Subway and a lot of them come in to get food. Most of the time they are single with no females anywhere near them.