+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Many thanks jazz I am tempted to try it are you tempted to get back on ru perhaps a smaller dose.
    Hey Doke after researching and being a member On hairlosshelp for the past 4 years I come to the conclusion from the old members that RU58841 is a last resort. Most of them used FIN for years until things started to go downhill, they than switch to DUT which had prolonged them another 5-7 years. Now most of them are on RU58841, this is there last option left to save their hair.

So I'm going to hold out as I need to prolong and try saving my hair most my life, I always try thinking positive about better treatments in the next 5 years but I rather play safe just incase this does not happen.

Hey guys this year I have been dreaming and thinking Big, my dream before I die is to try and find a cure for this nasty disease and give this FREE to everyone. Now I know sometimes dreams do not come true but there's no harm in thinking positive!

I was on the phone to Susan and she has been constantly researching about MPB, shes trying to research in synergy effects as hairloss is more than one factor. She's onto something so who knows, we discussed few interesting points, PDG2, DKK-1, T3, SODs etc.

I will keep you guys informed, let's pray she can come up with something good to help cure this disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Hey guys this year I have been dreaming and thinking Big, my dream before I die is to try and find a cure for this nasty disease and give this FREE to everyone. Now I know sometimes dreams do not come true but there's no harm in thinking positive!

I was on the phone to Susan and she has been constantly researching about MPB, shes trying to research in synergy effects as hairloss is more than one factor. She's onto something so who knows, we discussed few interesting points, PDG2, DKK-1, T3, SODs etc.

I will keep you guys informed, let's pray she can come up with something good to help cure this disease.
    We all happy to have you here Jazz , You know how much I like you , I read every post of you and sometimes just come online to check

If you post anything , I personally really appreciated all you helped me these last couple of months , I feel more better from all

Information you gaved me , Take Care bro and wish you the best So Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post

We all appreciate your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    We all appreciate your efforts
    Thank you, pray to God be positive one day we will find a CURE for all of us ourselves .

Oh watch my next thread as I still am typing away to create, how I helped save my friends mum who had terminal full body cancer at 66.

Right for the past few weeks I have been discussing about more topical lotions to target hairloss at all angles. Mark was right from day one and I have discussed with Susan about more variety products since she is the compounding pharmacist with vast experience along with her team.

She has been trying to help me in finding ways to combat hairloss and I think she is superb in every aspect of listening, especially to my concerns about wanting to help others!

Anyways she has been looking into proven studies and Dr Klein had been looking into the same aspect of products to target hairloss.

I received an email from her and I was extremely excited when she mentioned about formulating topical Melatonin, fingers crossed we can have another great topical formulated by her along with the other topicals she has recently added to her site;

http://www.murrayavenuerx.com/hair.html

MELATONIN DOWNREGULATES ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ACTIVITY

*Another potentially useful agent for hair loss prevention and/or treatment may be right under our noses. Recent studies out of prostate research have shown melatonin to downregulate androgen and estrogen receptor activity, the activity of which is directly related to hormonal hair loss. Studies in various animal species have shown a dramatic increase in hair and fur production in response to the administration of melatonin.
    Differential regulation by melatonin of cell growth and androgen receptor binding to the androgen response element in prostate cancer cells.
    Rimler A, Lupowitz Z, Zisapel N.
    Department of Neurobiochemistry, The George S. Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University; Tel Aviv 69978 Israel.
    OBJECTIVES: The pineal hormone melatonin inhibits the growth of benign human prostate epithelial cells and the androgen-dependent prostate cancer LNCaP cells. In the androgen-nonresponsive prostate carcinoma PC3 cells melatonin inhibits cell growth only at high but not low cell density. We have recently found that melatonin causes nuclear exclusion of the AR and attenuates it transcriptional activity in LNCaP cells as well as PC3 cells stably transfected with a wild type AR expressing vector (PC3-AR). The aim of this study was to investigate whether melatonin inhibits effects of AR on cell growth in PC3-AR cells and whether inhibition of AR DNA binding is involved. METHODS: The effects of androgen, melatonin and their combination on the growth of the PC3-AR cells and on AR DNA binding in PC3-AR and LNCaP cells were studied. RESULTS: DHT suppressed cell growth in the PC3-AR cells and enhanced AR binding to the androgen responsive element (ARE). Melatonin had no effect on cell growth in the absence of DHT but counteracted the androgen-induced inhibition at low androgen concentrations. Melatonin did not suppress and even slightly enhanced the capacity of AR binding to the ARE in the PC3-AR as well as in LNCaP cells. CONCLUSIONS: Attenuation by melatonin of AR activity in the prostate cancer cells is not due to suppression of AR binding to the ARE, and is presumably caused by its effects on AR protein interaction and intracellular trafficking.
    Melatonin elicits nuclear exclusion of the human androgen receptor and attenuates its activity.
    Rimler A, Culig Z, Levy-Rimler G, Lupowitz Z, Klocker H, Matzkin H, Bartsch G, Zisapel N.
    Department of Neurobiochemistry, The George S. Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel.
    BACKGROUND: The androgen receptor (AR) promotes growth and functionality of androgen sensitive benign and cancer tissues. The pineal hormone melatonin is an androgen protagonist in vivo and in vitro. The interference of melatonin in the AR cascade was explored. METHODS: The effects of melatonin on AR expression, level, agonist and androgen-response element (ARE) binding, reporter gene activity and intracellular localization were explored in prostate cancer LNCaP cell line. RESULTS: Melatonin increased immunoreactive AR cells in the absence and presence of dihydrotestosterone. Despite this increase and maintenance of AR agonist binding capacity, the androgen-induced reporter gene activity and suppression of AR-mRNA were attenuated.
    ***** Immunocytochemical analysis and subcellular fractionation studies revealed nuclear exclusion of AR by melatonin.
    CONCLUSIONS: The melatonin-mediated nuclear exclusion of the AR may explain the attenuation of AR activity in the prostate cancer cells. This is the first demonstration of a hormone-induced mislocalization of the AR in prostate epithelial cells and may represent a novel route for regulating AR activity. Copyright 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
    ***** *The doses used to downregulate androgen receptor activity is very high, and involved the equivilant of 1mg per every kilogram of bodyweight. However the sleep effects of melatonin are not dose dependent, (3mg works as well as 50mg.), and the same possibly apply to androgen receptor activity as well.

Hi Jazz,

May want to show her this as well if she hasn't seen it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed...latonin%20hair

Topical melatonin for treatment of androgenetic alopecia.

Authors
    Fischer TW1, Trüeb RM, Hänggi G, Innocenti M, Elsner P.

Int J Trichology. 2012 Oct;4(4):236-45.

Abstract
    BACKGROUND: In the search for alternative agents to oral finasteride and topical minoxidil for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (AGA), melatonin, a potent antioxidant and growth modulator, was identified as a promising candidate based on in vitro and in vivo studies.

MATERIALS AND METHODS: One pharmacodynamic study on topical application of melatonin and four clinical pre-post studies were performed in patients with androgenetic alopecia or general hair loss and evaluated by standardised questionnaires, TrichoScan, 60-second hair count test and hair pull test.

RESULTS: FIVE CLINICAL STUDIES SHOWED POSITIVE EFFECTS OF A TOPICAL MELATONIN SOLUTION IN THE TREATMENT OF AGA IN MEN AND WOMEN WHILE SHOWING GOOD TOLERABILITY: (1) Pharmacodynamics under once-daily topical application in the evening showed no significant influence on endogenous serum melatonin levels. (2) An observational study involving 30 men and women showed a significant reduction in the degree of severity of alopecia after 30 and 90 days (P < 0.001) based on questionnaires completed by investigators and patients. (3) Using a digital software-supported epiluminescence technique (TrichoScan) in 35 men with AGA, after 3 and 6 months in 54.8% to 58.1% of the patients a significant increase of hair density of 29% and 41%, respectively was measured (M0: 123/cm(2); M3: 159/cm(2); M6: 173/cm(2)) (P < 0,001). (4) In 60 men and women with hair loss, a significant reduction in hair loss was observed in women, while hair loss in men remained constant (P < 0.001). (5) In a large, 3-month, multi-center study with more than 1800 volunteers at 200 centers, the percentage of patients with a 2- to 3-fold positive hair-pull test decreased from 61.6% to 7.8%, while the percentage of patients with a negative hair-pull test increased from 12.2.% to 61.5% (P < 0.001). In addition, a decrease in seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp was observed.

CONCLUSIONS: Since safety and tolerability in all of the studies was good, the topical application of a cosmetic melatonin solution can be considered as a treatment option in androgenetic alopecia.

Jazz what do you recommend I try? I currently use RU in Neo and minoxidil. Hairline needs the most help and I am a diffuse thinner. NW2.5ish

Something that dries fast would be nice. If I could add RU to it it would be a big plus too.

What's the difference between the Promox and Remox IV? They both appear to have the same ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead View Post
    Jazz what do you recommend I try? I currently use RU in Neo and minoxidil. Hairline needs the most help and I am a diffuse thinner. NW2.5ish

Something that dries fast would be nice. If I could add RU to it it would be a big plus too.
    Hey Plan C here uses both RU58841 and Susan's lotion mixture, I'm not in a place to suggest products as RU in my eyes is the most powerfull tool we have currently.