Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lacazette
    • May 2015

FolliStem™ ???

The company look really serious and they are currently looking for distributors to sell their hair treatment for daily use. They are already selling different stem cells proliferators, activators,etc.. for serious diseases research and therapeutics

CELPROGEN
    is a biotechnology company developing stem cell research and therapeutics products for regenerative medicine in cardiology, oncology, diabetes & neurology. All of Celprogen’s biological products, including stem cells, cancer stem cells, iPC’s & media including ECM’s, are manufactured and produced in the United States of America.

CELPROGEN
    provides novel molecular diagnostics and therapeutic product development solutions for Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Invitro diagnostics and academic partnership for drug discovery.
    Celprogen develops stem cell research and therapeutics products for regenerative medicine. All products manufactured in USA.

And here is where they talk about the hair treatment :

Celprogen Inc., a leader in the Stem Cell Research and Therapeutics industry committed to providing high quality stem cell technologies for regenerative medicine, today announced that they have developed a novel product FolliStem™ for Regrowth of human hair. FolliStem™ is manufactured from Adipose Derived Stem Cells that also contains STEMC8007 the human hair follicle stem cell stimulator. FolliStem™ is applied topically once daily after washing the scalp prior to going to bed. The product has been tested in humans and has produced marked improvements within 40-45 days of application.

FolliStem™ stimulates the growth of hair only if the hair follicle is present or is in a dormant / arrested growth stage.
    FolliStem™ supports human hair follicle proliferation and growth when applied topically once daily to a clean scalp. One of the major benefits of the product is that once treatment is stopped the hair gained remains intact as evidenced by the three month study. The product works equally well for both genders. At present, Celprogen is looking for ideal distributors and is interested in locating bulk manufacturers and distribution chains in both the United States and Internationally."

Not a cure, but it could really help
  • JayM
    • Apr 2015

Wow the before and after pics are after 40 days. I haven't seen a product fill in the crown like that so quickly and maintain after use - If we believe what they say haha. I mean even if it doesn't restore all I think a lot of us are at a point where we would happily get a HT if we knew what we already had could at least be maintained better than with fin.

What about clinical trials?

Comment

• JayM
      • Apr 2015

Alright well I emailed them anyway. God know's if they will reply haha

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

Minpunten
        The CEO/boss/manager is a micromanaging tyrant with mood swings. He claims to have his Ph.D when he really doesn't (hence he doesn't know what he's talking about half the time), micromanages all of his new employees, finds every little excuse to withhold pay from you, lies to his clients about exactly what goes in his products, offered me only 3 sick days a year WHICH I COULDN'T EVEN USE (I…
        In be4 scam and ineffective.

Comment

• JayM
          • Apr 2015

Balls. Oh well 2 bad reviews and to be fair how many of us have worked with absolute w*nker bosses? :') Can we please refrain from losing our sh*t before we find out more? :')

Comment

• Hairismylife
            • Jun 2012

Congratulation HT Swooping!!! You've found a scam again!
            Actually you don't need to do research because you will deny every possible new treatment.

Comment

• JayM
              • Apr 2015

Celprogen develops stem cell research and therapeutics products for regenerative medicine. All products manufactured in USA.

A lot of their reseach is related. They have also done research on Sonic the Hedghog protein.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                • Aug 2015

Sounds too good to be true, just appearing out of nowhere. Automatic suspicion. How is this just being sold out of nowhere? Why no FDA trials/clearance?

Comment

• Renee
                  • Jul 2015

This is snake oil. 2015 is almost over and nothing to show for it. So sad.

Comment

• JayM
                    • Apr 2015

Right ok everyone. Let's just be chill and relax. Let's just wait for developments and not lose our sh*t. I've tried to get into contact with them but I doubt that will work. I'm also trying to contact the people who wrote the articles to try and understand how this all came about.

Comment

• Swooping
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by Hairismylife
                      Congratulation HT Swooping!!! You've found a scam again!
                      Actually you don't need to do research because you will deny every possible new treatment.
                      Haha, thanks bro <3

Originally posted by JayM
                      Right ok everyone. Let's just be chill and relax. Let's just wait for developments and not lose our sh*t. I've tried to get into contact with them but I doubt that will work. I'm also trying to contact the people who wrote the articles to try and understand how this all came about.
                      Would be nice if you can ask him if he can provide that 3 month study.

Comment

• lacazette
                        • May 2015

Yes Jay they studied the sonic hedghog, and also have many studies regarding downregulating BMP for other diseases.

For hair ,BMP pathway inhibit the Wnt pathway, so also related.

Though I'm also suspicious, but as they work on serious diseases i will let them a chance
                        Won't juge on what you posted swooping, it's like ex girlfriends , it could be exagerated ^^ I really don't think we can claim all their products are scam and all the employees are doing shit everyday, especially in their area, no for me it's not the case. But yeah they could maybe overating their future hair product like many companies, but we will see if it's scam really soon

thanks Jay for the emails, let's see if and what they will answer

Maybe someone could also say he represent a national distributor in a country lool and that he is interested in the product, but would like every little detail about haha lying to have the truth

Comment

• lacazette
                          • May 2015

The majority of their studies are in the BMP area, I wouldn't talk about scam too fast

From another forum about BMP and hair loss:

'Expression levels of Dkk1and Sost were upregulated by BMP4 treatment and downregulated by Noggin. '
                          <br ">">"><br "&g...h.g...les/PMC3153381/

]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...les/PMC3153381/
                          <br [/L]

'Ablation of the Bmpr1a gene resulted in the precocious activation of quiescent hfSCs, suggesting BMP activity plays an inhibiting role in hfSC homeostasis'

'hfSCs with suppressed BMP signaling show altered expression in the BMP pathway itself and in Wnt pathway, demonstrating upregulation of certain Wnt ligands which correlated with upregulation of the only one of Wnt receptor. Together, it can show the crosstalk mechanism where inhibition of BMP signaling in hfSCs is crucial to activate downstream effectors of WNT signaling in ligand dependent manner.'
                          ">">"><br "><br ">&l.......e.c...033371.html

]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm.../?log$=activity
                          <br [/L]

1)BMP-signalling and WNT-signalling are 2 different pathways. They however, interact with and influence each other.

Earlier work by this team entailed research on how reduced BMP signaling and increased Wnt signaling activates hair growth, while increased BMP signaling and decreased Wnt signaling keeps hair follicle stem cells (hfSCs) in a resting state"

When I look this company studies where there are downregulating BMP4,BMP1, etc for serious diseases, I think it's really possible they have something that work for hair (at least more effective than minox/propecia)

Comment

• JayM
                            • Apr 2015

Downregulatwd noggin whilst applying to the noggin aha.

Comment

• DanWS
                              • Jul 2013

Lol those 2 "before and after" pictures are absolutely awful. Can barely even tell if it's the same people. Hardly any, if any regrowth, and the camera angles couldn't be worse. If that's the best they have then nothing further even needs to be discussed.

Comment

Working...