+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    UK please see my previous post. Have you or your friend contacted Gail regarding the responses in this thread? We need correspondence between us and her to get this up and running ASAP. A number of people have already said they'd help so that's a start. Once we get a confirmation from Gail then we can get some kinda payment system set up and work on ways to direct greater amounts of people towards it.

Ok mate give me a couple of days and I will email. I must warn though I have neither the time nor know how to set up a site/advertise eyc, but will help in any way I can

I'm kinda busy over the next couple of weeks but I will email

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Ok mate give me a couple of days and I will email. I must warn though I have neither the time nor know how to set up a site/advertise eyc, but will help in any way I can

I'm kinda busy over the next couple of weeks but I will email
    Thanks Garathbale, I appreciate that. I would try but I emailed Gail/Eileen a week ago just to try and get some info on updates an still haven't heard back. Yesterday you and UK's friend seemed to be getting emails back from Gail within a short period.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Thanks Garathbale, I appreciate that. I would try but I emailed Gail/Eileen a week ago just to try and get some info on updates an still haven't heard back. Yesterday you and UK's friend seemed to be getting emails back from Gail within a short period.
    No worries UK. I have emailed Eileen before and she takes her time to respond. I was pleasantly surprised that Gail got back within the hour.

Anyone knows if kickstarter has any policies concerning medical services?

While giving $100 seems romantic, let's be real, a successful Histogen procedure could easily cost around $10,000 and people would buy it without questioning, that would be a more realistic amount of donation someone might need to give

And even if it hurts you, you need to understand that Histogen has a very big chances of failing, so you need to understand you might lose all the money you gave to them
    Having seen the knee jerk reactions on kickstarter when a $100 dollar wristwatch gets delayed, it is natural that people would get even more mad (to the point of litigation) after a failed promise of correcting a cosmetic problem

IMHO, I can't see how crowdsourcing is even needed, if the thing works, in this economy, there are plenty of big names eager to throw big money

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    if the thing works, in this economy, there are plenty of big names eager to throw big money
    Exactly my point. I understand that people want to do something, but really, if Histogen has good final Phase I/II trial data, then there will be tons of investors willing to jump in. Just look at the US stockmarket currently breaking new alltime highs day after day. There's just so much money on the sidelines waiting for an opportunity.

All very valid points, and of course any investment is high risk.

But let me email Histogen. I will try to address everyone's concerns and see how Gail responds.

It can't do any harm can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Exactly my point. I understand that people want to do something, but really, if Histogen has good final Phase I/II trial data, then there will be tons of investors willing to jump in. Just look at the US stockmarket currently breaking new alltime highs day after day. There's just so much money on the sidelines waiting for an opportunity.
    I don't deny crowdsourcing isn't good for small businesses that cater to a small demographic. But please, a baldness cure doesn't need crowdsourcing, if George Soros gives 1 million to drug legalization campaigns without hurting him, there are enough bald millionaires willing to fund a viable cure

People need to really wait for the phase II results.

Just browse 6 years ago when people were extremely optimistic about Intercytex and how they defended their mediocre results until the very day they went down. Nothing stops Histogen from being another Intercytex
    Investing with your emotions always ends up in a tragic end

Anyone knows if kickstarter has any policies concerning medical services?

While giving $100 seems romantic, let's be real, a successful Histogen procedure could easily cost around $10,000 and people would buy it without questioning, that would be a more realistic amount of donation someone might need to give

And even if it hurts you, you need to understand that Histogen has a very big chances of failing, so you need to understand you might lose all the money you gave to them
    Having seen the knee jerk reactions on kickstarter when a $100 dollar wristwatch gets delayed, it is natural that people would get even more mad (to the point of litigation) after a failed promise of correcting a cosmetic problem

IMHO, I can't see how crowdsourcing is even needed, if the thing works, in this economy, there are plenty of big names eager to throw big money
    If the CEO of the company says it would speed up progress then who would we rather listen to? Dr Gail Naughton or you?

Also, since when did anyone say Histogens procedure could cost up to $10,000? Do you have any knowledge or evidence to back up that statement? It could just as easily cost as much as a PRP treatment which is available in London for around £500.

A lot of the assumptions people are making here are all ifs and buts - "if they're so good, then investors will help them" - if you're willing to risk the future of HSC based upon that assumption then go ahead, I prefer to gain evidence before I make a decision, and if the CEO of the company says donations from the public would help them then I'd tend to believe it.

We have a great platform to help Histogen financially, I just dont understand why its not being done, this would be akin to a charitable donation, big pharma already tried to take them out, instead of spending money on your girlfriends lipstick and loreal supply so you can get laid how about donating to a real revolutionary biotech company that's EVEN directly involved in cancer research!

I dont want to turn this thread into an argument - so I wont be replying back to any debates about helping Histogen, it's simple, if you want to help, make a noise, ask Spencer and contact both Histogen and TBT with your suggestions (I think kickstarter by dazza has been the best idea so far), if you dont want to help then dont.

I don't deny crowdsourcing isn't good for small businesses that cater to a small demographic. But please, a baldness cure doesn't need crowdsourcing, if George Soros gives 1 million to drug legalization campaigns without hurting him, there are enough bald millionaires willing to fund a viable cure

People need to really wait for the phase II results.

Just browse 6 years ago when people were extremely optimistic about Intercytex and how they defended their mediocre results until the very day they went down. Nothing stops Histogen from being another Intercytex
    Investing with your emotions always ends up in a tragic end
    What do you mean? They've already released the Phase II data - I dont know what more data you need, they had a successful Phase I and a successful Phase II that showed regrowth in temporal regions.

Histogen are now gearing up for a final Phase III however they need to conduct an animal study with 100 - 150 injections before they enter Phase III.

Have you been living under a rock for the past 3 years?

Really is the guy telling the truth about the phase II results? Or is he talking about the female pictures they released a while ago?

They never showed a male with a cosmetic improvement, I don't understand why this guy seems so optimistic about Histogen