+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can you give a tip of how to apply it onece day . What i do right now is apply it at night and shampoo in the morning . How do you apply ?thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord View Post
    i have always used it only once a day during the whole 16+ years i have been on it. Twice a day would be insane. By the way, the recommendation to use it twice a day was based on the halflife of minoxidil in the blood, which is very short (something like 4-5 hours). In the skin, it is 22 hours.

It is possible that some people must use it 2x daily to see results, but they are simply weaker responders. In this case, switching to 10% once daily would be much more reasonable.

Personally, i have never regrown anything worthy of note on minoxidil, but i rate it very highly for its ability to maintain hair.

Quote Originally Posted by MING View Post
    it just some people said those are the side effect of rogaine. I was a 7 years propecia user. Recently i experenced erection dyfuction . I was terrified. So now i swith to rogain. Man i really hope that it will help me to keep the hair i have that is all i ask for. Hair means so much to me.without hair will destroy my life. I belive you know how it feels . So do you have any side effect in alll these years ?
    Look... Most of the "side effects" reported in the internet are hysterical screamings of neurotic hypochondriacs.

Can you give a tip of how to apply it onece day . What i do right now is apply it at night and shampoo in the morning .BUT ACCORDING TO THE HALFLIFE OF 22 HOURS , IF I WASH IT OFF IN THE MORNING ,I ONLY GOT 8-12 HOURS . How do you apply ?thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Look... Most of the "side effects" reported in the internet are hysterical screamings of neurotic hypochondriacs.
    Can you give a tip of how to apply it onece day . What i do right now is apply it at night and shampoo in the morning .BUT ACCORDING TO THE HALFLIFE OF 22 HOURS , IF I WASH IT OFF IN THE MORNING ,I ONLY GOT 8-12 HOURS . How do you apply ?thanks

No, once 4 hours have passed it has absorbed into your skin, and the halflife is 22 hours in your skin. So you can wash it off after a few hours without affecting that.

Hey, Could you tell the technique to apply it, do you apply it with a dropper or sprayer?How to make sure that it gets into your scalp?

Quote Originally Posted by MING View Post
    Wash your hair. Wait, until it is moderately wet, then apply minoxidil. In the morning, your hair may look a bit greasy at first glance, but if you comb it, this appearance immediately disappears.

I know that it is annoying to wash your hair every day, but it is certainly better than losing hair. Or you can cut your hair short. Then the greasiness of minoxidil will not be so apparent.

And I am using a sprayer, by the way.

I have a totally different approach. I use the liquid, with a dropper, and only do it once a day... at night, when my head is dry. Because I'm only doing it once a day I use significantly more than the normal amount. I make sure to localize it in the right places. It's not annoying, and nothing is greasy or apparent because by the morning it's completely dry. I've had excellent growth with it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hm, I think I was well into it by then. Not everyone sheds however, and I think generally mine is one of the better outcomes. Most can only look to maintain - maybe the shed only happens to those who are lucky enough to regrow.
    I agree with this. I never get the shed people speak of, with any meds I try. And coincidentally I never get any regrowth, just thickening of existing hairs. I have never experienced a shed in my life while using fin or minox, I would welcome it with opened arms if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mark8 View Post
    I have a totally different approach. I use the liquid, with a dropper, and only do it once a day... at night, when my head is dry. Because I'm only doing it once a day I use significantly more than the normal amount. I make sure to localize it in the right places. It's not annoying, and nothing is greasy or apparent because by the morning it's completely dry. I've had excellent growth with it.
    Does it get on your pillow? I just restarted minoxidil, I put it before bed, but don't go to sleep until I feel it's dried. I don't want it rubbing off on my pillow, and also as I move around maybe lay down face first momentarily and rub it all over my eyes.