+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Although this is another nice development, they didnt grow any hair that pierced the skin. And that's what matters to us: it's all about growing hair that's cosmetically viable. This was merely to prove that they could grow hair follicles, on mice, albeit using human cells. And not even IPC cells but human embryo cells. Very interesting research but far from being tested on humans.
    Wow Arashi you landed with both feet on the ground?

Didn't the chinese solve the DP inductivity problem in the summer? And this won't be the thing to cure baldness in the next ten years. Our only chances of that is through dr jahoda, taiwanese, or dr lauster. Though I haven't read anything about the taiwanese in a long time. I think Dr lauster will be the one to cure it. As soon as he gets the hairs to grow fully functional, we can have the trials done in Japan. And the FDA will approve it since we already have 3d printed organs in use. I remember Desmond saying that dr lauster believes he will get the hairs to grow fully in the next 2 to 3 years. And this was last year when he said it. That is why I think 2016 is the make or break year. Will solve this disease eventually, but if we want it In ten years or less we need dr lauster to come through for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Sorry to put out the negative comment out here, but I actually know two of the authors of this study. As a matter of fact, one of them is my roommate. I asked them about this, they didn't even know the article would be published. They did this research years ago and everyone in the team has moved on to doing other research. According to them, the methods used to obtain the study's result are not applicable to humans.

nah, you must be kidding. years ago? iPS cells is a relative young field of research.
    not applicable to humans? why? and why does the article say they are now searching for partners to try that method in humans?
    one of them is really your room mate? so the whole study is bogus or what? and how come that it can be published so many years later? what's the reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    nah, you must be kidding. years ago? iPS cells is a relative young field of research.
    not applicable to humans? why? and why does the article say they are now searching for partners to try that method in humans?
    one of them is really your room mate? so the whole study is bogus or what? and how come that it can be published so many years later? what's the reason for that?
    The study does say received 2012 and accepted in 2014, published in 2015. Dunno if that guy is telling the truth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    The study does say received 2012 and accepted in 2014, published in 2015. Dunno if that guy is telling the truth though.
    If it was received in 2012, you can bet that it was worked on well before that.

Okay, considering several articles quote the authors as saying the next step is to try it in humans and that they are seeking partnerships to do it, that guy is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Although this is another nice development, they didnt grow any hair that pierced the skin. And that's what matters to us: it's all about growing hair that's cosmetically viable. This was merely to prove that they could grow hair follicles, on mice, albeit using human cells. And not even IPC cells but human embryo cells. Very interesting research but far from being tested on humans.
    This is only taking into account that the cells created NEW follicles. We still dont know what they could do to existing miniaturized follicles in bald scalps. Rejuvenation, perhaps?

I doubt he is lying, i feel like that guy posts on here a lot. What I don't understand is how someone can just toss that comment out casually...
    Like if your roommate is a hair researcher then why don't you enlighten us on what IS going on. And what his opinion is as far as creating DP cells from IPS cells in general. Just seems like a crazy bit of info to throw out there and not delve into it a bit more.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/...skikh-burnham/

A lot of news outlets are on this now. It doesn't seem like this is made up. Thinning87, can you elaborate on your doubts about this? Who is your roommate? this is a really groundbreaking and important study if it is real, and you can't just throw that out there and not explain more thoroughly. This news article includes the histogen lady, and doesn't seem like it is old news.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I doubt he is lying, i feel like that guy posts on here a lot. What I don't understand is how someone can just toss that comment out casually...
    Like if your roommate is a hair researcher then why don't you enlighten us on what IS going on. And what his opinion is as far as creating DP cells from IPS cells in general. Just seems like a crazy bit of info to throw out there and not delve into it a bit more.
    exactly was i sas thinking as well.
    his room mate worked on iPS cells and clustering DP cells years ago, but he throws out that comment like it's totally common and nothing special at all. this would also mean that they were years ahead of Dr. Xu which didn't succeed to create DP cells from iPS (not sure if he even tried it yet or if it's still on his roadmap)