+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shock loss

Hybrid View

you should be worried about the native hair that got shocked and lost . Trust me the transplanted hairs will all grow back just like mine did unless the dr damaged the folicles by punch in them, which is not likely. By that, I guess it's also depended on how careful the Doc performed your HT too. Is this a well known or still in training Dr?

Smile Shock Loss

Thanks for the input i went to a doctor who is not on this forum
    My 3rd Transplant i went to a doctor on this forum and did not get good results ....There alot of good doctors out there who are not on Transplant Websites. I did not make the Doctor shave my head because i had to go to work the next week also there is less of a chance of Transection. I hope all my previous grafts grow back and my new grafts grown in good

Hey Frankie, I'm in the exact same situation. I opted for a fourth, and last, transplant two and a half weeks ago, to fill out my previous transplants, and a lot of my previous hair grafts fell out, which I thought were shockproof. Now I look much worse than before the last HT. Sure hope everything will grow as the doctor says...

Default Shock loss

It's been almost 2 months now and I see a slight improvment I hope all my previous grafts grow back and I also look worse than before

Condor & Frankie & Condor,

Your shockloss should be temporary. This can happen even though some of the shock was previous transplanted hair.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Ok Frankie, it's been 7 months since my HT and I have to say, it looks GREAT!

I never thought my hair could look this thick or shiny. I am thrilled with my HT, although it was f%$king hell for a while. Hell. For a long time... I had tons of pimples on my scalp which I scratched during my sleep, my nails were filled with blood every morning, I was literally a bloody mess, I had to wear my hair in such a ridiculous way you can not even imagine, like Curly from the Three Stooges, except thinner. Bandanas, hats, everything. My scalp used to itch like I had a colony of ants in there. BUT... Now, it was all worth it. Hang in there. It's worth it. Now I still use Toppik, but so little, like a sprinkle, just close to the hairline, although if I weren't so vain, I could do without it. After all, I am in my forties... And looking GOOD!!! Wish you the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Hey Frankie, I'm in the exact same situation. I opted for a fourth, and last, transplant two and a half weeks ago, to fill out my previous transplants, and a lot of my previous hair grafts fell out, which I thought were shockproof. Now I look much worse than before the last HT. Sure hope everything will grow as the doctor says...

Wink Hey David, hang in there.

Hey David, I was in the exact same situation as you. I also lost all my grafted hair following a transplant. I was devastated. And I am a model, so you understand. You cannot imagine. But sure enough, it all grew back. Slowly, but it did. And I did not exactly follow the doctor's orders, which was protein, green tea, vegetables and blah blah blah. I was too depressed about my hair loss. So it was French Fries, mayonnaise, and Jack Daniels for me for a while. But things got better. Hang in there. Things will get better, I promise. I now have a full head of hair.

Hey David, I was in the exact same situation as you. I also lost all my grafted hair following a transplant. I was devastated. And I am a model, so you understand. You cannot imagine. But sure enough, it all grew back. Slowly, but it did. And I did not exactly follow the doctor's orders, which was protein, green tea, vegetables and blah blah blah. I was too depressed about my hair loss. So it was French Fries, mayonnaise, and Jack Daniels for me for a while. But things got better. Hang in there. Things will get better, I promise. I now have a full head of hair.
    Hey Condor,
    Thanks for the reassurance ,,,,I am only at week 9 and wear a hat now because I am bald losing all my other hair to shock loss,,,waiting is the hard part,the HT took 8 hours but no problems or discomfort.it seems like I can feel little hairs just can't see it yet.

Hey David s,
    I truly hope this helps. I wish I could send a picture of my hair right now. I actually have one of a week ago. Amazing. And I went through hell for it. Pimples, blood, gross itchy stuff the doctor never talked about. My last HT took 13 hours. But look at the results. I wish you the best luck!

Never had shock loss after any of my HTs. What I had was much much worse than shock loss. My transplanted hair is falling out. This has happened for the fourth time. Not all of it but maybe half....so far.

BTW, how many grafts in total did you have in these 4 HTs and were they for the whole head or just a certain part ??