+ Reply to Thread

Default Saw Palmetto, Pygeum Africanum and Stinging Nettle

Hi all... well I'm new to this forum and for ages I never worried about my hair thinning... at least until my wife started making some very worried comments and now it's starting to bother me a bit.

So I read the original book 'The Bald Truth' and understand some of the science behind all this... I've actually tried Rogaine but found that on top of irritating my scalp a lot, I also noticed that I was losing more hair almost immediately. I know that sometimes it says you lose some before you gain but i wasn't willing to take the risk so I stopped.

Instead I'd like to try some of the herbal remedies noted in the book and noticed in the back of the book was a reference to 800 number that I guess the author was using to sell pre-formulated single capsules with Saw Palmetto, Pygeum and Nettles in the appropriate amount. When I called the number no longer worked, so I was wondering if any of you know where I might be able to get a reasonably priced and reliable bottle of these capsules.

I looked at a few places online but they all seemed a bit different and some didn't seem to meet the 'requirements' that the book says that they should have.

Any thoughts?

I've also thought about propecia, but at like $3 bucks a pill (roughly), it's a bit hard on my budget, especially if i need to take it for the rest of my life ...

Thank you

"I know that sometimes it says you lose some before you gain but i wasn't willing to take the risk so I stopped."

Not "sometimes", everyone always goes through a shed at the beginning of treatment, or somewhere down the line.

Hair shed means it's working.

If you're not patient enough to go through a shed on treatment, then just get a hair transplant. Cause mostly every treatment will make you go through a shed, which is normal.