+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default niedbalski

No don't know the name.

This better grow back or I'm screwed.

Just an update. I visited a surgeon yesterday to consult on a potential follow-up procedure, and I thought I'd share the comments. Out of consideration for the doctor's privacy, I'll say he's uniformly regarded as one of the very best surgeons in the world, but I'll stop short of identifying him.

I sat down with this clinic's consultant first, who participates on this forum, and his eyebrows shot up when I told him who had done my first procedure. "Niedbalski did that?" I nodded. "I have to be honest: that is far and away the best result I've ever seen from him." He brought the doctor in. "I've got a shocker for you--Niedbalski did that work." The doctor walked over and took a closer look at my hair. "Wow," he murmured.

The consultant sat down and looked me with a serious expression. "Look, Win, we don't say this lightly... but that's superb work." The doctor leveled his eyes at me and said, "You'd be crazy to touch it." They asked if I was on Propecia. When I said yes, the consultant told me, "Your hair loss worries are behind you."

All of this, obviously, was incredibly gratifying to hear. I've never seen another transplant patient in person, so I have no idea how to compare results. I really like my hairline, but I didn't have much concept of where this falls in the context of quality of work. Now that I've got one of the best docs in the world telling me that's it's so good that I shouldn't tamper with it, I'm going to take his advice. All I was curious about, anyway, was just dropping the temple corners a bit. But no one would look at the hair on my head now and ever guess I'd experience hair loss--I'm in NW1 territory.

And the doc is right--even in the hands of a great surgeon, something can always go wrong in a procedure. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll definitely keep posting here, and I'll follow up with pictures soon, but I'm pretty much "over" hair loss.

Default niedbalski

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Just an update. I visited a surgeon yesterday to consult on a potential follow-up procedure, and I thought I'd share the comments. Out of consideration for the doctor's privacy, I'll say he's uniformly regarded as one of the very best surgeons in the world, but I'll stop short of identifying him.

I sat down with this clinic's consultant first, who participates on this forum, and his eyebrows shot up when I told him who had done my first procedure. "Niedbalski did that?" I nodded. "I have to be honest: that is far and away the best result I've ever seen from him." He brought the doctor in. "I've got a shocker for you--Niedbalski did that work." The doctor walked over and took a closer look at my hair. "Wow," he murmured.

The consultant sat down and looked me with a serious expression. "Look, Win, we don't say this lightly... but that's superb work." The doctor leveled his eyes at me and said, "You'd be crazy to touch it." They asked if I was on Propecia. When I said yes, the consultant told me, "Your hair loss worries are behind you."

All of this, obviously, was incredibly gratifying to hear. I've never seen another transplant patient in person, so I have no idea how to compare results. I really like my hairline, but I didn't have much concept of where this falls in the context of quality of work. Now that I've got one of the best docs in the world telling me that's it's so good that I shouldn't tamper with it, I'm going to take his advice. All I was curious about, anyway, was just dropping the temple corners a bit. But no one would look at the hair on my head now and ever guess I'd experience hair loss--I'm in NW1 territory.

And the doc is right--even in the hands of a great surgeon, something can always go wrong in a procedure. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll definitely keep posting here, and I'll follow up with pictures soon, but I'm pretty much "over" hair loss.

Wish I didn't read this as I am still no where near back to pre op from all my shock loss. From what I've heard Niedbalski is garbage as well. I should go there and ring his neck.

Also I don't say this to be mean or bc my situation sucks but the fact you even risked a transplant in the 1st place and checked in about another is crazy. You have a completely full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan11 View Post
    Wish I didn't read this as I am still no where near back to pre op from all my shock loss. From what I've heard Niedbalski is garbage as well. I should go there and ring his neck.

Also I don't say this to be mean or bc my situation sucks but the fact you even risked a transplant in the 1st place and checked in about another is crazy. You have a completely full head of hair.
    Well, I'm glad I took the plunge and did it, because I have a result I'm thrilled about.

But something to keep in mind: I was *pissed* about the way my hair looked until about 7-8 months. Most people claim that you start looking decent at 3 months, but that certainly wasn't the case for me. I was *positive* that I'd had a botched procedure. So don't lose hope--you can have horrible-looking results at 3-4 months that look beautiful in double that time. So wait until at least August until you decide to wring his neck. :-p

Well, I'm glad I took the plunge and did it, because I have a result I'm thrilled about.

But something to keep in mind: I was *pissed* about the way my hair looked until about 7-8 months. Most people claim that you start looking decent at 3 months, but that certainly wasn't the case for me. I was *positive* that I'd had a botched procedure. So don't lose hope--you can have horrible-looking results at 3-4 months that look beautiful in double that time. So wait until at least August until you decide to wring his neck. :-p
    Im curious to see a better before picture of your hairloss, the first couple of pics did not reveal too much. If you could post a clear before pic and a now pick, btw it looks really good. congrats.

win,

Awesome feedback from your recent consultation.

And I agree, "why fix something that is not broken?"

Enjoy your new look my friend!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default New pics--buzzed edition!

Thought I'd resurrect the thread and post some new pics, given that it's been over three months since my last update. I got my hair buzzed to a 3 grade this morning, which made me SUPER nervous. My hair has been really long, which, as we all know, can hide thinning, leaving a stomach-churning surprise for the poor guy who buzzes down to an unforgiving length. I've been on Propecia since October, and while my loss has reduced, it hasn't ground to a halt. So I was a little nervous that the buzz was going to reveal either (a) thinning immediately behind the transplants, or (b) thinning elsewhere, like in the crown or vertex. But all went well, and I *love* the buzzed look. The transplanted area is definitely thinner than the density behind it, unsurprisingly, and I didn't like how my hair look when it was swept back, because standing the hair at my hairline straight up had a bit of a "see-through" effect, particularly given my skin tone and dark hair color. You can see that there's lower density at the forelock in the pics where my head is tipped down, but it's not a *drastic* difference. The nice thing about the buzz cut is that at this length, you see scalp even at 100% density, so when some scalp shows through in the transplanted area, it seems wholly normally. No one will notice the thinner area at the front.

All in all, I continue to be completely happy with the hairline design and graft placement. Honestly, I think this looks like a mature hairline, with maybe a very slight touch of recession at the corners. My goal with a procedure was to have a hairline that didn't look like it had suffered any MPB, and I think I got that. What would you guys call this? NW1.5? NW2?

Now I just have a rhinoplasty to look forward to in August...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NewHair1.jpg

Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	22179   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewHair2.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	22180   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewHair3.jpg

Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	22181   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewHair4.jpg

Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	22182   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewHair5.jpg

Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	22183  

I would call it a full head of hair! You look great!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it!

Thumbs up

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it!
    You should be! I never heard of your hair transplant surgeon, but he obviously knows what he is doing. Keeps us posted on how life is going for you. It's always cool to see how people get on after they feel better about themselves.

I see all of these guys spending so much time in the cutting edge section, all very unhappy people, fighting about doctors offering this BS or that BS. They are all trying to avoid doing what you have done for yourself and that's moving forward with your life with the proven stuff that we have today, like transplants and Propecia.

It's great that you're happy with everything!