+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 107 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast

xLeon, can I ask how long before you noticed any benefit from using RU?

general RU question...I ordered my RU from Kaneshop, and noticed that it has a slight scent to it. I want to say it almost smells like chlorine?? Is that normal and has anyone else noticed that too?

I stay relatively low profile on this site but I have to agree with xLeox. I've been on RU now for over 8 months and what benefit I was getting from it in the first 4 months has reversed to more shedding versus growth. It's definitely not the answer we've all been waiting for, but I'll stay true to the regimen for another 6 months to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    xLeon, can I ask how long before you noticed any benefit from using RU?
    almost immediately. besides stopping the shedding phase, rather than a real regrowth, I think RU it made my hair thicker and stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by ALM View Post
    I stay relatively low profile on this site but I have to agree with xLeox. I've been on RU now for over 8 months and what benefit I was getting from it in the first 4 months has reversed to more shedding versus growth. It's definitely not the answer we've all been waiting for, but I'll stay true to the regimen for another 6 months to see what happens.
    what % are you using RU at? I think the only way (I hope I'm wrong) to get back those progress is upping the %. considering all the downsides (chance of having sides, spending even more money on it) if that gave me guarantee to stop for a consistent amount of time (I'm talking years, not months) the shedding process, I'd be down for it. but what if after 6 months, things get worse again? I'm not sure it's worth doing it then.

I'm in the same boat. I had almost immediate results with RU. Serious thickening of existing hair and coverage improved dramatically. Now, almost a year later, I'm back to where I was before. Maybe even worse. Scalp is showing and hair is thin all over the top. Hairline is looking pretty bad too. Depressing as hell. I'm debating what step to take from here. An increase dose? A vehicle change? Both? Shave it off and drop all treatments? I'm not getting my hopes up for any new miracle treatment either. I can't take fin so my options are very limited. I think I will up dosage to 50+mg but I haven't decided on new vehicle yet. Its between neogenic and ethanol/PG.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I had almost immediate results with RU. Serious thickening of existing hair and coverage improved dramatically. Now, almost a year later, I'm back to where I was before. Maybe even worse. Scalp is showing and hair is thin all over the top. Hairline is looking pretty bad too. Depressing as hell. I'm debating what step to take from here. An increase dose? A vehicle change? Both? Shave it off and drop all treatments? I'm not getting my hopes up for any new miracle treatment either. I can't take fin so my options are very limited. I think I will up dosage to 50+mg but I haven't decided on new vehicle yet. Its between neogenic and ethanol/PG.
    Have you tried low dosage of fin? maybe 0,5 mg EOD or 1mg 3x times a week?

I'm using it for 2 weeks, 1mg finpecia ED without problems.

Wow this got depressing real quick. So nobody is really having great success with RU? And if my shedding hasnt improved by now then its not looking like this will be of any benefit for my situation. What a bummer of a day... Here i was hoping RU would at least buy me a cpl years worth of time

Yeah, well I have a couple of months supply of Dr Reddy's fin in my cupboard which I haven't touched except for 1/4 of one pill 0.25mg and sadly I freaked out and haven't touched the stuff since. Psychologically, I am not a good candidate for finasteride. Don't want to take the risk even though I know I would probably respond well. I may change my mind and have been avoiding reading the horror stories. RU definitely works but I have come to the stage where I have to evaluate whether I should continue using it and if so, how will I prepare and apply it. I will definitely need to increase the dosage.

I believe this is the same thing that Hellhouser (I think it was him, might have been another poster) documented happened to him too. His hair would improve for a month or so, then shed and thin out and then regrow. It seems like it would phase in and out of working

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    I'm debating what step to take from here. An increase dose? A vehicle change? Both? Shave it off and drop all treatments? I'm not getting my hopes up for any new miracle treatment either. I can't take fin so my options are very limited. I think I will up dosage to 50+mg but I haven't decided on new vehicle yet. Its between neogenic and ethanol/PG.
    If you up the dosage, you're very likely to get improuvements again. if you do it, keep us posted on the outcome. I would rather up the ru dose than take dutasteride anyway. if I was granted me that from upping the dose from 5% to 8%, I would regain improuvements and keep the situation stable for 2 years at least, I would do it then. cause this is all about buying as much time as possible. but hey, what if after 6 months, it loses effectiveness again. that would be frustrating. vehicle related, I use ethanol, I think it's totally proper. plus, having to mix ru everyday with neogenic would be a total bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by xLeox View Post
    If you up the dosage, you're very likely to get improuvements again. if you do it, keep us posted on the outcome. I would rather up the ru dose than take dutasteride anyway. if I was granted me that from upping the dose from 5% to 8%, I would regain improuvements and keep the situation stable for 2 years at least, I would do it then. cause this is all about buying as much time as possible. but hey, what if after 6 months, it loses effectiveness again. that would be frustrating. vehicle related, I use ethanol, I think it's totally proper. plus, having to mix ru everyday with neogenic would be a total bummer.
    I use finasteride with RU and hopefully it stabilizes my results. I just switched to minox foam and I started shedding again, Im hoping its not from RU.