+ Reply to Thread

Default I feel like im less than everyone.

edit: **** this man, im so sick of this shit, theres no point in talking about it ****

it just makes me so sick. I'm trying hard for a better life but I have to walk with these weights on my back, I have to try and win a race with god damn weights on my back. I haven't given up yet because if I do then theres no point in living but this is really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    edit: **** this man, im so sick of this shit, theres no point in talking about it ****

it just makes me so sick. I'm trying hard for a better life but I have to walk with these weights on my back, I have to try and win a race with god damn weights on my back. I haven't given up yet because if I do then theres no point in living but this is really tough.
    I feel your pain, man. I've felt it for about 27 years now. About all we can hope for is that an unexpected breakthrough happens, and that it involves a procedure that won't take many years to develop and gain approval, but we have to be honest. The chance of that happening is slim to none. My best advice is to shave your head, wear black sunglasses on your head, and adopt that as your new look. You'll probably never feel like the real you for the rest of your life, but that's about the best we can do.

I don't mind so much how other people see me, but it's how I see myself that bothers me. It's like I am not really me without hair, and the passage of time has not changed that. I just don't feel like the real me due to this disease. That's what makes it hard, when you always see yourself as a stranger. I think that's the most bizarre part of this affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    My best advice is to shave your head, wear black sunglasses on your head, and adopt that as your new look. You'll probably never feel like the real you for the rest of your life, but that's about the best we can do.
    I respectfully disagree with you and if that's your best advice against this nightmare, then you're not very imaginative and/or combative.

My best advice is that you should throw everything that's available at this disease. Everything, I don't care whether you're a NW7 with thin donor or a thick NW2.

I don't want to hear any excuses about the treatments we have, "oh but I read minoxidil gives wrinkles" or "a hair transplant gives you too thin coverage".

Get out of here. If you're a NW4+, save money and have two FUE megasessions two years apart, throw 5000 grafts with a top doc at that bald head society and most women despise.

Use minoxidil, twice a day, finasteride if you're not afraid of sides, get SMP on top of your grafts to thicken it a little, use concealers toppik and dermmatch. Do it. No excuse.

That's my take on baldness and that's exactly my plan, I've already had 2000 grafts in May 2014 to go from bald to "looking like I have hair" at the age of 25. Here's my topic:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...d-NW5-from-DPA

Yes you might argue the hair line is high, that the coverage is a bit thin, but even now at 3 months from my final result, I've achieved my goal:

Not being bald! So don't give me that defeatist attitude, it can be done, but you'd have to want it bad enough.

Some people want to keep their baldness and their negativity as an easy explanation to why their life sucks.

Now I get why, the more normal I look everyday, the more I tell myself: "crap, I look normal now, can't blame my lack of hair anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    I don't mind so much how other people see me, but it's how I see myself that bothers me. It's like I am not really me without hair, and the passage of time has not changed that. I just don't feel like the real me due to this disease. That's what makes it hard, when you always see yourself as a stranger. I think that's the most bizarre part of this affliction.
    I agree with this. Sure I care somewhat about what people think, but I care more about what I think about how I look. I have actually been told I don't look bad(not exactly a compliment) with a buzzed head, but I think I look like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    My best advice is that you should throw everything that's available at this disease. Everything, I don't care whether you're a NW7 with thin donor or a thick NW2.
    And I agree with this. Our current treatments all have their draw backs, but they also have the potential to make a difference that can change our lives. If we can go from avoiding mirrors to actually being able to look half way decent(in my eyes) which is where I am right now then I think they are worth a shot.