+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Losing my hair at only age 18 (pictures attached)

Hello! I'm totally new to this forum and I would start to say hello to everyone!
    The reason I signed up for this forum was to get some tips from some experienced people in hair loss.

I thinks it very strange that I'm losing my hair this early, since my dad is 55 years old, and are completely free from signs of hair loss. My hair loss can might be caused by the enviroment and my lifestyle. (Hair coloring, smoking, drinking, visits to tanning studios etc.)

I'm considering saving up some money for a FUE prosedure, but I hope better alternatives will be availeble in the next two years. However, I do have a question for you guys. Should I buy any products now like Propecia to stop my hair loss? I don't wan't lose more hairs now, it's really getting to me and my confidence.

Here are some pictures of my new refined hairline.

Hi hairysituation,

The pictures you have provided only show your hair line. This is not enough for anyone to be able to tell if you are starting the balding process or not. What I do see in the pictures you have provided is a natural and normal mature male hairline. This is a normal male trait and by itself does not mean you are balding.

It would be best for you to see a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. If the doctor determines that you are starting the balding process, you can go over your options with the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hi hairysituation,

The pictures you have provided only show your hair line. This is not enough for anyone to be able to tell if you are starting the balding process or not. What I do see in the pictures you have provided is a natural and normal mature male hairline. This is a normal male trait and by itself does not mean you are balding.

It would be best for you to see a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. If the doctor determines that you are starting the balding process, you can go over your options with the doctor.

Ok, thanks for answer. The reason I only show my hairline, is because that's the only area which is balding/thinning. The hairline, and I also start to devolop a widow's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    The reason I only show my hairline, is because that's the only area which is balding/thinning. The hairline, and I also start to devolop a widow's peak.
    You need to understand that as males mature into adults, they lose their adolescent hairline and develop an adult male hairline, which is often called the mature male hairline. Over 90% of caucasian males develop an adult male hair line. This is natural and normal and is not an indication that you are going bald. It is a normal physical male trait. This is one of the traits that differ between males and females like a deeper voice, facial hair, broader shoulders and such and so forth. If this is all you've got going on, you do not need to be on any medications and I am not very sure you could prevent it if you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You need to understand that as males mature into adults, they lose their adolescent hairline and develop an adult male hairline, which is often called the mature male hairline. Over 90% of caucasian males develop an adult male hair line. This is natural and normal and is not an indication that you are going bald. It is a normal physical male trait. This is one of the traits that differ between males and females like a deeper voice, facial hair, broader shoulders and such and so forth. If this is all you've got going on, you do not need to be on any medications and I am not very sure you could prevent it if you tried.
    Ok, so this is normal? Can you show an picture which can examplify a mature hairline? If this is true, I would be extrimely releafed.

Ok, thanks for answers. But if I go the a doctor and he determenes that I don't have started any bolding prosess, could a fue hair transplant still be beneficial? I still don't like my new hairline, no matter what causing it.

could a fue hair transplant still be beneficial? I still don't like my new hairline, no matter what causing it.
    No.

characterlimit.

Can you please explain that a little bit further?

But if I go the a doctor and he determenes that I don't have started any
    bolding prosess, could a fue hair transplant still be beneficial? I still don't
    like my new hairline, no matter what causing it.
    Probably not. Most ethical doctors will not re-create a juvenile hair line
    for a male unless the patient is transgendered. This is because the risk
    of surgery outweighs the perceived possible benefit.